PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside Fans...

CalallenWildcat
07-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I have Ingleside projected to beat the following 4A teams:

Port Lavaca Calhoun
CC Miller
Tuloso-Midway

No 4A losses are expected (unless, of course, I missed a team on your schedule)

big daddy russ
07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
That should be it, and I could see us winning all of them. The one team that we could have problems with would be Miller. They're a huge 4A school and have more pure athletes per capita than any school south of Cuero, maybe even as far as LaMarque. If they could ever put all that talent together, they'd be deadly. Don't know if they have what it takes to do that, but it's possible.

I see Ingleside going 9-1 during the regular season, 10-0 if Josh Coffield can run the offense as well as Travis Chrisman did last year. It's definitely possible.

IMO, Ingleside's probably the fourth- or fifth-best team in R4.

GetRDoneStangs
07-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I have Ingleside projected to beat the following 4A teams:

Port Lavaca Calhoun

Come on, don't count out the 'crabs!:mad: :mad:

But, I find it hard to go against a Musatng!:D

Just in case you wonder why such a post... I graduated from Calhoun.... but have lived in Sweetwater a long time!:confused: :confused:

CalallenWildcat
07-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That should be it, and I could see us winning all of them. The one team that we could have problems with would be Miller. They're a huge 4A school

First off, I think that's the worst team you guys will play all year. Secondly, I wouldn't consider Miller a huge 4A school when they only have an enrollment of 1371

big daddy russ
07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
First off, I think that's the worst team you guys will play all year. Secondly, I wouldn't consider Miller a huge 4A school when they only have an enrollment of 1371
I didn't know that they were that small. I thought they were closer to 1600 kids. On that note, it's the athleticism of those kids, not the team itself, that scares me. I don't know anything about them anymore or anything about their current coach, whomever it may be, but if he can give those kids a little direction, they'll be tough. It's like West Oso a few years back... you give them just a little (not much at all) discipline and they're suddenly challenging for the regional crown.

CalallenWildcat
07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I didn't know that they were that small. I thought they were closer to 1600 kids. On that note, it's the athleticism of those kids, not the team itself, that scares me. I don't know anything about them anymore or anything about their current coach, whomever it may be, but if he can give those kids a little direction, they'll be tough. It's like West Oso a few years back... you give them just a little (not much at all) discipline and they're suddenly challenging for the regional crown.

I don't know if they have as many athletes as they used to. However, I do think their coach has them going in the right direction, I just don't think he has them on the level that other teams are at in this area. Their coach is Kenny Wheaton, who has previously coached at Henderson State University and Nacogdoches High School (where he was head coach). He's got a reputation for being a disciplinarian, but it didn't do the Bucs much good last year. Wheaton runs the veer.

big daddy russ
07-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I don't know if they have as many athletes as they used to. However, I do think their coach has them going in the right direction, I just don't think he has them on the level that other teams are at in this area. Their coach is Kenny Wheaton, who has previously coached at Henderson State University and Nacogdoches High School (where he was head coach). He's got a reputation for being a disciplinarian, but it didn't do the Bucs much good last year. Wheaton runs the veer.
Maybe their athletes aren't there anymore... I haven't seen them play in almost half a decade. They used to be loaded with talent, though. It was depressing watching a Corpus team that was so stocked with raw athletes go 2-8 every year.

I wish them the best. Except against us. :D