PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Enquirer

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Chilton coach sentenced to probation for hitting wife

June 4, 2004
(Waco-AP) -- A Central Texas high school football coach will stay on the job, despite being sentenced for assaulting his wife last year.

That's the word from Falls County school officials about Lucky Gamble. The 53-year-old Chilton High School coach and athletic director pleaded no contest yesterday to assault-family violence.

McLennan County Court-at-Law Judge Tom Ragland placed Gamble on deferred probation for 18 months and fined him $300. He also ordered Gamble to enroll in an anger management program.

In deferred cases, no final judgment of guilt is entered if the defendant completes probation. According to court records, Gamble shoved his wife into the bathtub, grabbed her neck and choked her during a May 2003 argument at their Waco-area home.

Gamble's attorney told the judge the incident started when Gamble's wife hit him in the head with a picture frame while he slept.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2006, 10:27 AM
There's your answer RM. STR thinks he's a class act? :rolleyes:

Tiger Baseball
07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Gamble's attorney told the judge the incident started when Gamble's wife hit him in the head with a picture frame while he slept.

While he slept?

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
While he slept?
I wonder why?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There's your answer RM. STR thinks he's a class act? :rolleyes:

Yep...I was right!!! I know now for a FACT that I wouldn't like him.

Sorry S.O.B.!:mad:

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Yep...I was right!!! I know now for a FACT that I wouldn't like him.

Sorry S.O.B.!:mad:

He's a heck of a football coach and has the record to back that up. Woody Hayes was no Angel.

DaHop72
07-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
He's a heck of a football coach and has the record to back that up. Woody Hayes was no Angel. Yes, and look what happened to him.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2006, 10:49 AM
He's a heck of a football coach and has the record to back that up. Woody Hayes was no Angel.

Woody Hayes was Bo Schembechler's b***h.

What does WH have to do with this guy hitting his wife? :rolleyes:

DaHop72
07-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Woody Hayes was Bo Schembechler's b***h.

What does WH have to do with this guy hitting his wife? :rolleyes: Don't forget Red, Woody lost his job after hitting the young man from Clemson on the sideline.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Don't forget Red, Woody lost his job after hitting the young man from Clemson on the sideline.

Yeah that's right. But, that was a kid that could've dropped WH
like a bad habit. We are talking about a woman here.:)

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 10:53 AM

I really don't give a rat's ass WHAT kind of coach he is!

He hits women, so he is an abuser....., I would classify him right above a child molester!!!

Class act my foot!!

:foul: :foul: :foul:

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2006, 10:57 AM

Record to back it up??? Yeah, police record...:rolleyes:

CenTexSports
07-31-2006, 11:02 AM
I am not defending the guy but there was no mention of him hitting her. As Joe Friday used to say, "The facts, just the facts."

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I am not defending the guy but there was no mention of him hitting her. As Joe Friday used to say, "The facts, just the facts."

The very first line in the post that started this thread is:

"Chilton coach sentenced to probation for hitting wife"

:confused:

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 11:05 AM

He hits women, so he is an abuser....., I would classify him right above a child molester!!!

Class act my foot!!

:foul: :foul: :foul:
ITA, RM! :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Don't even get me started on men who abuse women!!!

That is a VERY touchy subject to me!

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 11:08 AM
That is a VERY touchy subject to me!
GMTA

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Riiight! He just shoved her into the bathtub and choked her a little!:rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
07-31-2006, 11:34 AM
ummm am i missing something... and why is str an ass?

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
why is str an ass?

Where in the heck have YOU been???

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
ummm am i missing something... and why is str an ass?
If you have to ask, you haven't been keeping up. ;) STR thinks the guy is a "class act". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
07-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Where in the heck have YOU been???

im just wondering if anyone has figured it out... but what im wondering is why the story is posted and why str is quick to defend

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
im just wondering if anyone has figured it out... but what im wondering is why the story is posted and why str is quick to defend

He said this guy was a class act somewhere else...

Damn I suck at searching for threads!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Lucky Gamble is a class act and one of the best coaches in the state.

here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=574190)

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Check out the "teams you hate" thread.

44INAROW
07-31-2006, 11:56 AM

June 4, 2004
(Waco-AP) -- According to court records, Gamble shoved his wife into the bathtub, grabbed her neck and choked her during a May 2003 argument at their Waco-area home.

well in my opinion, (not that it matters) shoving her into the tub, grabbing her neck and choking her isn't a walk in the park.

STANG RED
07-31-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm not saying I would hit/choke/shove in bathtub, or whatever, but if mine hit me in the head with a picture frame while I'm asleep, I guarantee I'm waking up in a REAL foul mood, and my reaction would not be a pleasant one.:mad:
Maybe she thought she had a real good reason for hitting him while he was asleep, but what kind of reaction did she think she was going to get? A kiss on the cheek???

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
if mine hit me in the head with a picture frame while I'm asleep, I guarantee I'm waking up in a REAL foul mood, and my reaction would not be a pleasant one.:mad:
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!:mad:

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not saying I would hit/choke/shove in bathtub, or whatever, but if mine hit me in the head with a picture frame while I'm asleep, I guarantee I'm waking up in a REAL foul mood, and my reaction would not be a pleasant one.:mad:
Maybe she thought she had a real good reason for hitting him while he was asleep, but what kind of reaction did she think she was going to get? A kiss on the cheek???

I once pulled a shower curtain down and hit my hubby across the nose with the shower rod.....he ended up to with 2 black eyes....I got a hug!!:D

CenTexSports
07-31-2006, 01:13 PM
The hitting reference was made by our poster, the article does not mention hitting.

RM, are you a convicted husband abuser?

STANG RED
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
I once pulled a shower curtain down and hit my hubby across the nose with the shower rod.....he ended up to with 2 black eyes....I got a hug!!:D :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm???????
So let me get this streight in my mind. I'm picturing two naked bodies in the shower at the same time, and your having to use the shower rod for support, and in a moment of passion, it gives way, and hits your hubby across the nose, and as he is falling he is hugging you for support as he goes down.
Am I on the right track here?????? :eek: :D
:devil: :devil: :devil:

GreenMonster
07-31-2006, 01:23 PM

June 4, 2004
(Waco-AP) -- A Central Texas high school football coach will stay on the job, despite being sentenced for assaulting his wife last year.

That's the word from Falls County school officials about Lucky Gamble. The 53-year-old Chilton High School coach and athletic director pleaded no contest yesterday to assault-family violence.

McLennan County Court-at-Law Judge Tom Ragland placed Gamble on deferred probation for 18 months and fined him $300. He also ordered Gamble to enroll in an anger management program.

In deferred cases, no final judgment of guilt is entered if the defendant completes probation. According to court records, Gamble shoved his wife into the bathtub, grabbed her neck and choked her during a May 2003 argument at their Waco-area home.

Lucky Gamble was the head football coach and athletic director of Iowa Park my freshman year of HS. I promise you that if he were hit by a bus tomorrow not very many people would show up at his funeral. Jerk is a pretty good way to describe this character.

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
The hitting reference was made by our poster, the article does not mention hitting.

You must be referring to me.
I pasted the headline just as it was written.
Here's the link
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:QxG2y6_ypq0J:www.kcentv.com/news/local-article-arch.php%3Fnid%3D4606+%22lucky+gamble%22+coach+chi lton&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=21

District303aPastPlayer
07-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Lucky Gamble was the head football coach and athletic director of Iowa Park my freshman year of HS. I promise you that if he were hit by a bus tomorrow not very many people would show up at his funeral. Jerk is a pretty good way to describe this character.

wow.

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 01:34 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm???????
So let me get this streight in my mind. I'm picturing two naked bodies in the shower at the same time, and your having to use the shower rod for support, and in a moment of passion, it gives way, and hits your hubby across the nose, and as he is falling he is hugging you for support as he goes down.

Not exactly......I was on the outside of the shower and was going to surprise him.....(I actually did surprise him, but not like I wanted to):p .

I grabbed onto the shower curtain to "fling" it back and accidently pulled it down right on his face!

I felt SOOOO bad and started crying, THAT'S why I got a hug!!:D

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 01:36 PM

RM, are you a convicted husband abuser?

It was a classic case of involuntary hubby abuse!!

shankbear
07-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Is Luck Gamble in Timpson now?

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Is Luck Gamble in Timpson now?
Yes he is. They hired him this past spring, I believe..

44INAROW
07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
I haven't read all the articles, but from what I did read, I don't see any charges against the wife, just a ALLEGATION from the attorney that she threw the frame. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. I would think charges would have been pressed against her if there was evidence she hit him with the frame.

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Here's the first paragraph from an article about another "class act", Gamble has hired as an Assistant in Timpson...

"In Pat Ward's final weeks as a Texas football coach, he was banned from walking the halls of his high school, drinking on the job, using profanity and being alone with a young, female coach."

Read the entire story Here (www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/misc/weekend/stories/111305dnspowardlede.129e6f9.html)

Phantom Stang
07-31-2006, 09:01 PM
With a career record of 267-69-5, there's no denying Lucky Gamble's ability to produce winning teams.

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
With a career record of 267-69-5, there's no denying Lucky Gamble's ability to produce winning teams.

Way to go Phantom Stang. Lucky is a great coach, just like Bob Knight (remember the chair-throwing incident among others). Knight still is a great coach, just like Lucky.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Way to go Phantom Stang. Lucky is a great coach, just like Bob Knight (remember the chair-throwing incident among others). Knight still is a great coach, just like Lucky. In the scheme of everything, who the hell cares what his record is....he sounds like a sorry excuse for a human being.....someone I sure wouldn't want my kids to be coached by. Yeah, let's pat this "loser" on the back....way to go!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
In the scheme of everything, who the hell cares what his record is....he sounds like a sorry excuse for a human being.....someone I sure wouldn't want my kids to be coached by. Yeah, let's pat this "loser" on the back....way to go!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bobby Knight's past is well documents and people in Lubbock think he's the second coming.

luvhoops34
07-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Here's the first paragraph from an article about another "class act", Gamble has hired as an Assistant in Timpson...

"In Pat Ward's final weeks as a Texas football coach, he was banned from walking the halls of his high school, drinking on the job, using profanity and being alone with a young, female coach."

Read the entire story Here (www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/misc/weekend/stories/111305dnspowardlede.129e6f9.html)

wonder how the two will do in Timpson??

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Bobby Knight's past is well documents and people in Lubbock think he's the second coming.
And I wouldn't want my kids coached by him, either! Winning shouldn't happen at all costs....the coach should be an example for his players, period. But hey, these kind of people always are their own worst enemy and believe me, it catches up with them....as it appears it already has! I just choose not to put abusers of any kind, on a pedestal.....and certainly not just because they win games! Geezzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
wonder how the two will do in Timpson??

We will have to wait and see. In today's society if a coach can win big, most fans will look the other way for problems away from the field. A few will voice opposition, but the bottom line is that he will have a coaching job as long as he can win.

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 09:47 PM
In the scheme of everything, who the hell cares what his record is....he sounds like a sorry excuse for a human being.....someone I sure wouldn't want my kids to be coached by. Yeah, let's pat this "loser" on the back....way to go!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You make a very good point. I agree with you, but unfortunately in our win at all costs society, the majority doesn't care. Their concern is if he is winning or not

loboes86
07-31-2006, 09:50 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm???????
Sorry Ranger Mom but this was agood one! Stang Red Ive haven't had that good of a laugh for awhile THANKS:clap: :D

44INAROW
07-31-2006, 09:55 PM

Being banned from "drinking on the job, using profanity and being alone with a young, female coach" - WELL DUH - you'd think a grown man would know that is no way to conduct himself, especially in the presence of students and while at work :rolleyes: - it must have been a bad situation for it to have been put in writing or spelled out like that....... again, I am just making observations from what I have read

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 09:55 PM
You make a very good point. I agree with you, but unfortunately in our win at all costs society, the majority doesn't care. Their concern is if he is winning or not Yeah, it's real sad.....meanwhile our kids are being taught that it's more important to be a winner on the field than in the game of life.....shame on school admins that allow this type of person to be in a position to influence our kids....a crying shame, for sure! :mad:

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, it's real sad.....meanwhile our kids are being taught that it's more important to be a winner on the field than in the game of life.....shame on school admins that allow this type of person to be in a position to influence our kids....a crying shame, for sure! :mad:

Like at Tech, Knight put people in the seats. Do you think he is a good role model. If he has another season like last year, Tech will kick him out like Indiana did.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Like at Tech, Knight put people in the seats. Do you think he is a good role model. If he has another season like last year, Tech will kick him out like Indiana did. I saw a show about him.....like 20/20 .....he has demons he needs to seek professional help for....he sure doesn't need to be around kids, like that. He may be a basketball genius, but he'll never be a hero.

Snydertigersrul
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I saw a show about him.....like 20/20 .....he has demons he needs to seek professional help for....he sure doesn't need to be around kids, like that. He may be a basketball genius, but he'll never be a hero.

You hit the nail right on the head. Too bad you are not one of those administrators who make the decisions to hire and fire.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 10:46 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. Too bad you are not one of those administrators who make the decisions to hire and fire. WEll, yeah, that wouldn't be too good for him......lol......seriously tho, it's so frustrating to hear about stuff like this.....people need to stop being such cowards and to step up and speak out against such diseases in our society! YEah....bunch of cowards......

IHStangFan
07-31-2006, 11:44 PM

Class act my foot!!

:foul: :foul: :foul: I do not condone hitting women...let me just state that before we move on. BUT....If the tables were turned....as I have a friend I grew up w/ my whole life for example...his wife...now soon to be EX wife used to beat the holy crap outa him...w/ all of us watching. and i dont mean, slapping and scratching..i'm talkin bloodying his nose, etc. Would that be overlooked because she was a woman?? Let me also state that he never raised a hand to her. He just stood there and got bloodied up (hes a better man that me) I must ask....in your eyes...should he just have LET her do this and not struck her back just because she was a woman? So many women pine for "womens rights" and to be "equal" yet, should she be able to hide behind her gender in this instance??? "oh, you cant hit me back, i'm a woman" because let me tell ya sister.....if that'd of been me, i'd of cleaned her clock the first time she bloodied my nose. my thought on the matter is...."you want to be treated like a lady, then act like one...you want to get in my face and swing at me like a man...i'm going to defend myself as if I were being assaulted by a man. you want to be equal, there it is. Nothing pisses me off more than a woman that'll hit her man, then hide behind her gender when he defends himself. just another example of reverse descrimination....PERIOD.

thanks for listening.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I do not condone hitting women...let me just state that before we move on. BUT....If the tables were turned....as I have a friend I grew up w/ my whole life for example...his wife...now soon to be EX wife used to beat the holy crap outa him...w/ all of us watching. and i dont mean, slapping and scratching..i'm talkin bloodying his nose, etc. Would that be overlooked because she was a woman?? Let me also state that he never raised a hand to her. He just stood there and got bloodied up (hes a better man that me) I must ask....in your eyes...should he just have LET her do this and not struck her back just because she was a woman? So many women pine for "womens rights" and to be "equal" yet, should she be able to hide behind her gender in this instance??? "oh, you cant hit me back, i'm a woman" because let me tell ya sister.....if that'd of been me, i'd of cleaned her clock the first time she bloodied my nose. my thought on the matter is...."you want to be treated like a lady, then act like one...you want to get in my face and swing at me like a man...i'm going to defend myself as if I were being assaulted by a man. you want to be equal, there it is. Nothing pisses me off more than a woman that'll hit her man, then hide behind her gender when he defends himself. just another example of reverse descrimination....PERIOD.

thanks for listening. I don't condone any kind of abuse, no matter who takes the first swing. He should leave her! Sounds like he was a good man.....I'm sorry she chose to treat him like that. But unfortunatley, he is the exception...... most spouse abusers are men. Nothing pisses me off more than a woman who will get hit and then rationalize it was her fault and go back to this abuser, only to be hit again!!But regardless, both are equally bad and wrong. :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2006, 11:55 PM
I do not condone hitting women...let me just state that before we move on. BUT....If the tables were turned....as I have a friend I grew up w/ my whole life for example...his wife...now soon to be EX wife used to beat the holy crap outa him...w/ all of us watching. and i dont mean, slapping and scratching..i'm talkin bloodying his nose, etc. Would that be overlooked because she was a woman?? Let me also state that he never raised a hand to her. He just stood there and got bloodied up (hes a better man that me) I must ask....in your eyes...should he just have LET her do this and not struck her back just because she was a woman? So many women pine for "womens rights" and to be "equal" yet, should she be able to hide behind her gender in this instance??? "oh, you cant hit me back, i'm a woman" because let me tell ya sister.....if that'd of been me, i'd of cleaned her clock the first time she bloodied my nose. my thought on the matter is...."you want to be treated like a lady, then act like one...you want to get in my face and swing at me like a man...i'm going to defend myself as if I were being assaulted by a man. you want to be equal, there it is. Nothing pisses me off more than a woman that'll hit her man, then hide behind her gender when he defends himself. just another example of reverse descrimination....PERIOD.

thanks for listening.

Nice post. :clap:

IHStangFan
07-31-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't condone any kind of abuse, no matter who takes the first swing. He should leave her! Sounds like he was a good man.....I'm sorry she chose to treat him like that. But unfortunatley, he is the exception...... most spouse abusers are men. Nothing pisses me off more than a woman who will get hit and then rationalize it was her fault and go back to this abuser, only to be hit again!!But regardless, both are equally bad and wrong. :( yup, a woman that'll continue to take it, then DEFEND the abuser is just as bad as a woman that hits her man then hides behind her gender...both sicken me. Ive actually seen a man hit his woman....then another man come to what he thinks is her rescue...just to have her jump on his back when said "knight in shining armor" tries to defend her honor. :confused:

some freakin people.....i swear.

Bandera YaYa
08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
yup, a woman that'll continue to take it, then DEFEND the abuser is just as bad as a woman that hits her man then hides behind her gender...both sicken me. Ive actually seen a man hit his woman....then another man come to what he thinks is her rescue...just to have her jump on his back when said "knight in shining armor" tries to defend her honor. :confused:

some freakin people.....i swear. Yah that is sickening.....but by that time, the woman is so brainwashed into thinking he hits her because of something she did....a horrible life cycle. Congrates to that man....for having the courage to stand up and not be a coward in that situation....good for him!!! :clap:

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Yah that is sickening.....but by that time, the woman is so brainwashed into thinking he hits her because of something she did....a horrible life cycle. Congrates to that man....for having the courage to stand up and not be a coward in that situation....good for him!!! :clap: I definatley give him ALL the credit he deserves and then some. I'm glad to see him FINALLY doing it....I've told him to leave her for YEARS!!