PDA

View Full Version : Link to Div. 1 and Div.2 playoff picture

bd0707
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
As far as polls and predictions go I have found Jerry's Picks to be more reliable than any others. Jerry started out at week 0 with a 70% success rate on his picks for highschool football. His weekly picks have steadily improved through the season and at week 8 he is up to 83%. Quite impressive. He also provides a playoff picture that is broken down between Div.1 and Div.2, I hope this link helps some to understand the breakdown between the two divisions. I am also going to try to post his disclaimer, after all it is only one mans opinion.
http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20033APlayoffifseasonendedtoday.html

I hope that you enjoy viewing my site and can have fun monitoring how your team does through the season. I want to thank everyone who will try and give this site a chance. Just keep in mind, this is all for fun and is only an opinion, so please keep an open mind and good luck to all the teams this year.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Bellville vs. Kennedale in the finals would be a very close match-up. Closer than DI I would imagine.

BurnetBandRules
10-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Wow, that looks pretty good to me. In Div. II I was glad to see that Liberty Hill is predicted to go THAT far. Didn't they get kicked out in the 2nd round last year to Yoakum? And the Kennedale VS Bellville would be the game to SEE! Great site, I recomend. Opinionated, but good.

shellman54
10-27-2003, 11:00 AM
hey, why does it have hamshire fannett playing in div I instead of Bridge City?

Wtx_coach
10-27-2003, 11:15 AM
those are some good early picks , eventhough I really dont see Snyder beating monahans by 13, actually I dont see snyder beating Monahans at all, I see Monahans and Everman playing for the region 1 title again whith a much closer ball game!

Chief Woodman
10-27-2003, 11:45 AM
While I cannot find a team I would pick to be Kennedale....I just do not see them at the championship game. They ALWAYS find a way to self destruct and lose in an upset.

CatsDen
10-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Chief, last year's early exit was a heartbreaker - no doubt.

CatWoman
10-27-2003, 12:44 PM
CatsDen:
Chief, last year's early exit was a heartbreaker - no doubt.Kennedale probably won't bow out early this year.

MonkeyJoe
10-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Man, these people think highly of the Leopards they are picked to beat both forney, and everman..i like these guys.

Gainesville VS. Burnet for the DI final...i'd like to see that game

Old Cardinal
10-27-2003, 02:11 PM
I agree Shellman 54... Bridge City even if they were to lose to Anahuac- has beaten both H-F and H-J that are mathmatically the only possibilities, that could have the same District win-loss record. If I remember right, that would give BC the third spot to enter the Playoffs for Division I. Personally, I think BC will win over Anahuac and end up tied with OF for the District 21-3A Title.
Now the BH/BC game at this point is totally unpredictable. A lot will depend on how BC plays Anahuac and how BH finishes their District play.. Bridge City has had no problem in beating the projected winner of Division I(second round for them) in 23-3A & 24-3A the last two years. I think the emerging team, either BC or BH can take them again this year and end up playing for the Region III title, just like the last two years. Jasper at this point looks like the overwhelming projected winner of the other side(17-3A,18-3A,19-3A,20-3A) of the Region III bracketing. BC is inconsistent with so many very young players, their is a good possibility that BH will be the Bi-District winner.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

shellman54
10-27-2003, 03:20 PM
i think if BC plays their game, limits the turnovers, and holds the anahuac offense in check, then they could win. BH has the worst two teams in the district left to play, so i really don't see the Hill having any problems. And I think you are right, Oldcardinal, whoever wins the game between BC and BH has a great shot at making it to the Region III final.

bccards
10-27-2003, 04:07 PM
yall keep leaving cleveland out -- they are still in the hunt, and if they win out, bridge city will be playing them bi-dist

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

Hupernikomen
10-27-2003, 04:42 PM
bccards:
yall keep leaving cleveland out -- they are still in the hunt, and if they win out, bridge city will be playing them bi-distCleveland isn't going to make the playoffs.

Old Cardinal
10-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Yes, bccards, It is mathmatically possible only for Cleveland to make the Playoffs. If that might happen, I personally think that BC will be playing in the second round also. BC has averaged 3 rounds of playoff games each yearfor 3 years, and there is a possibility that even with a rebuilding year they can go 3 rounds again. It's kind of funny, they have played in 12 playoff games in the last three years and have hardly ever been picked to win a playoff ballgame. That's why I see the polls as very weak indicators of playoff performance.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Chief Woodman
10-27-2003, 05:11 PM
CatWoman:

CatsDen:
Chief, last year's early exit was a heartbreaker - no doubt.Kennedale probably won't bow out early this year.Like I said...I cnnot find a team that I would pick to beat them. Not only did they lose a Heartbreaker last year, but they did the same thing against Bridgeport the year before. Hard to say when the meltdown will occur. For thier sake I hope when it does occur they can survive thier own lack of focus.

sahen
10-27-2003, 05:23 PM
It is mathematically possible for cleveland to make it to the playoffs but its also highly improbable. BH or Huffman would have to loose both of their next 2 games and Cleveland would have to beat Liberty...I really dont see Liberty loosing to Cleveland unless if Cleveland turns some things around...but i guess it is highschool so anything is possible just not very likely

sahen
10-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Sorry i thought of one more possibility...If Liberty has a collaspe these next 2 games and they loose both of them then Liberty would be out of the playoffs and it would be BH, Huffman, and Cleveland....But once again i dont think that will happen....

shellman54
10-27-2003, 05:35 PM
OK, hopefully I can get this right.

Liberty - 5-0 Huffman, Cleveland

Barbers Hill - 4-1 (Liberty) Shepherd, Tarkington

Huffman - 4-1 (Barbers Hill) Liberty, Coldspring

Cleveland - 3-2 (Barbers Hill, Huffman)Splendora, Liberty

Here is the scenario: The only way Cleveland gets in the playoffs is if Huffman loses both of their games and/or BH loses both of their games, and Cleveland wins both of their games.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: shellman54 ]</small>

shellman54
10-27-2003, 05:49 PM
The teams in parenthesis are the teams they have lost to in district. the two teams following are the next two weeks' opponents.

sahen
10-27-2003, 05:58 PM
shellman if liberty looses the next two games and BH, Huffman and Cleveland win out then BH and Huffman would be 6-1 and then Cleveland and LIberty would be tied at 5-2...Cleveland would have the tie breaker so basically Cleveland has to pray Huffman beats Liberty so then they would have a chance to put themselves in the playoffs...Basically that is the ony way Cleveland can control their own destiny...The other ways involved BH or Huffman loosing both their games..BH should win both and Huffman should win atleast one of their last two...So almost impossible...

shellman54
10-27-2003, 06:07 PM
yeah, you said that one, and i totally overlooked it. any way you look at it though, it is very highly unlikely that cleveland will make the playoffs.

LP57
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
how about this idea guys. libety dosent loose and we head into the playoffs 10-0

sahen
10-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Thats what i think will happen most likely...Thats why i said that it was almost impossible for cleveland to go to the playoffs....just someone asked if it was possible and i was answering them

bleedgreen
10-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the bulletin board fodder, Chief.

wildstangs
10-27-2003, 09:40 PM
For once, I agree with the Chief. I dont know who I would pick to beat Kennedale, but I dont see them in the state title game. If anyone beats them I have a feeling it will be Greenwood, Decatur or Sweetwater. Check out those pics Chief, we will have to meet up this year should they follow that path.

bd0707
11-08-2003, 07:54 AM
bd0707:
As far as polls and predictions go I have found Jerry's Picks to be more reliable than any others. Jerry started out at week 0 with a 70% success rate on his picks for highschool football. His weekly picks have steadily improved through the season and at week 8 he is up to 83%. Quite impressive. He also provides a playoff picture that is broken down between Div.1 and Div.2, I hope this link helps some to understand the breakdown between the two divisions. I am also going to try to post his disclaimer, after all it is only one mans opinion.
http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20033APlayoffifseasonendedtoday.html

I hope that you enjoy viewing my site and can have fun monitoring how your team does through the season. I want to thank everyone who will try and give this site a chance. Just keep in mind, this is all for fun and is only an opinion, so please keep an open mind and good luck to all the teams this year.This was orignally posted on the downlow after week eight, how accurate was Jerry's picks? Does it still reflect the way your district played out, if there are any changes please list them here. Good luck to all teams, especially those in Dist.25 3A. GO DAWGS

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 08:05 AM
BurnetBandRules:
Wow, that looks pretty good to me. In Div. II I was glad to see that Liberty Hill is predicted to go THAT far. Didn't they get kicked out in the 2nd round last year to Yoakum? And the Kennedale VS Bellville would be the game to SEE! Great site, I recomend. Opinionated, but good.Yes, we did lose to Yoakum in the 2nd round last year. That is probably one of the main reasons for our team slogan "This year it's personal". I have a real hard time talking/thinking about that game.

bd0707
11-08-2003, 08:20 AM
LH PantherMom, It was nice to meet you Thurs. nite, your 7th grade Ateam was dominant, there's a lot to look forward to with that group of boys. I think you can look forward to the Panther varsity team going a little farther in the playoffs this year, ball control is the key to their success I think they got a little out of their game plan last nite, however they proved they can march the ball down the field with the best of em. Burnet fans will be watching and supporting the Panthers throughout the playoffs, Rock on 25-3A!