PDA

View Full Version : 2006 State Bound Project

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Been working on it this weekend. *pulls out remaining hair* I can understand the frustration Jason & Kellye went through getting everything to fall into place!

The jersey idea didn't work out so we're back to the t-shirt. What I've done is use all the pics from last year's flag journey for the back of the shirt and a football for the front of the shirt. Nothing fancy! Here are a few pics of the test shirt. I hope to have THE SHIRT ready by the end of the week. ;)

The front:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/downlow_front001.jpg
Close up of the front:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/downlow_front004.jpg
The back:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/downlow_project002.jpg
Close up of the back:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/downlow_project004.jpg

There is still plenty of room for sigs on the back, sleeves and the front of the shirt. If any of you have any other ideas (EASY) that you would like to see on the shirt just let me know! :)

Scheduling and guidelines on the shirt's travels to come later this week. :nerd:

Emerson1
07-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Cool idea to put the pictures on the back. Front is kind of bland though.

eagles_victory
07-30-2006, 02:50 PM
is it going to be sent around each week like the flag was last year?

Emerson1
07-30-2006, 02:51 PM
I would assume.

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Cool idea to put the pictures on the back. Front is kind of bland though. I know. :( I'm hoping someone has some ideas. I was thinking of maybe a football field as a background to the football or adding a goal post?? :thinking:

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
is it going to be sent around each week like the flag was last year? Yes. Details on how, when & who will be determined in the next few weeks.

eagles_victory
07-30-2006, 02:56 PM
i want week 10 for Fairfield Palestine ive said it for months lol i got shafted on it last year.

Gobbla2001
07-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I think a cool idea would be to make the shirt after all of the regular season games are picked... then put the team logos for each game spread out across the shirt...

Like let's say if Cuero and Sinton were one of the games... there could be a "C vs S" on the shirt etc... Then the folks attending that game can sign next to that logo, then the playoff games everywhere else...

I know it'd be a lot of work and would be harder to accomplish, but it's all brainstormin'...

sinton66
07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
If it gets too crowded though, where will we put the signatures?

Gobbla2001
07-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
If it gets too crowded though, where will we put the signatures?

If that response is for me then that's why I said it'd be harder to accomplish... I guess there are 11 games, right?

Get the biggest shirt you can get and make the logos as small as possible and tell everyone to grow up and not take up all of the space on the shirt with their one sig haha...

eagles_victory
07-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If that response is for me then that's why I said it'd be harder to accomplish... I guess there are 11 games, right?

Get the biggest shirt you can get and make the logos as small as possible and tell everyone to grow up and not take up all of the space on the shirt with their one sig haha... but then you send it to playoff games also so there are more games and lots of teams people get it at those games who havent had a chance to sign all year so where would they sign. I think its a great idea but it would be pretty hard to do.

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I think a cool idea would be to make the shirt after all of the regular season games are picked... then put the team logos for each game spread out across the shirt...

Like let's say if Cuero and Sinton were one of the games... there could be a "C vs S" on the shirt etc... Then the folks attending that game can sign next to that logo, then the playoff games everywhere else...

I know it'd be a lot of work and would be harder to accomplish, but it's all brainstormin'...

Where was this idea before I started!!! :mad: ;) :D I'm not interested in starting a whole new idea, just wanted some to add to what is already in place, but that sounds like a good idea for next year. :) You would need a big shirt. The one I'm using for this years idea is a 3X and yeah if people would just sign it in "normal" font instead of trying to out do everyone else there should be enough space for everyone. But when have we ever had any luck getting anyone on this board to do what they are told! :p :p :p

DaHop72
07-30-2006, 03:33 PM
p4s rocks!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
07-30-2006, 03:43 PM
I want it Oct. 27th for Crandall's homecoming vs. Eustace

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes. Details on how, when & who will be determined in the next few weeks. ^^^^ There are alot of good match ups on the same week so alot of thought will go into who gets the shirt and on which week. For example, I haven't decided if I want the shirt at the Sinton/Cuero game or the Sinton/Ingleside game. :thinking: Of course, I could always do both!! :evillaugh

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I want it Oct. 27th for Crandall's homecoming vs. Eustace Sorry, this date is already taken. I think everyone (well maybe not you) will agree that it needs to be here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46732&highlight=meet).

Chris Hart
07-30-2006, 04:39 PM
The shirt looks great! I think the sigs will help the front to not look so bland by the time the season wraps up. Kudos to you pirate4state!:clap:

44INAROW
07-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Good work P4S - I can appreciate all the work that you're putting into it......... thanks!

Emerson1
07-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry, this date is already taken. I think everyone (well maybe not you) will agree that it needs to be here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46732&highlight=meet).
Oct. 6 looks free then. Canton @ Crandall

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 07:00 PM
I like it!!

I only wish the "3Adownlow" was bigger.

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Oct. 6 looks free then. Canton @ Crandall Nothing is set up right now, other than Sweetwater/Abilene Wylie. I'll keep you in mind for that date though.

eagles_victory
07-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Nothing is set up right now, other than Sweetwater/Abilene Wylie. I'll keep you in mind for that date though. what do i have to do sell a kidney to get the shirt?

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Nothing is set up right now, other than Sweetwater/Abilene Wylie. I'll keep you in mind for that date though.

I didn't even know we had already started the "booking" of the shirt!!

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't even know we had already started the "booking" of the shirt!! We haven't. But selling a kidney is a bit extreme. :eek: I'm not in a market for a kidney, but could use some $$$. ;)

pirate44
07-30-2006, 08:00 PM
great work p4s:clap:

AggieJohn
07-30-2006, 09:44 PM
i just need it too get to a sinton home game

sinton66
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
p4s is FROM Sinton, I'm sure it will appear at a Sinton home game.;)

Gobbla2001
07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Where was this idea before I started!!!

Why didn't you let us know you had started? ha...\

Up until this sticky, I had completely forgotten about the shirt/flag deal... I've just been thinkin' "Gobblers" and "posting BS" when it comes to this board ha...

as for the playoff games, they can all be signed on the back with my idea... like I said, if everyone cooperates and doesn't sign their names three feet wide it'll work out in the end...

But my idea is not really a "yay, let's do it", it's more like an idea presented to help in 'brainstorming'...... it's hard to gain a ton of ideas without a little brainstorming...

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Why didn't you let us know you had started? ha...\ Because that would have been too easy. ;) Besides Ranger Mom did announce that she wasn't gonna head it up and asked for volunteers and here we are. ;)

CHS_CG
07-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I would like the shirt for Nov. 3rd Caldwell vs Navasota....

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I would like the shirt for Nov. 3rd Caldwell vs Navasota.... I would like a billion dollars....:p

Bandera YaYa
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
ha...sounds like there might should be two shirts.....one for Sinton and one for everyone else...... :p :p :p :D

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
REQUESTS FOR THE SHIRT ARE NOT BEING TAKEN RIGHT NOW.

The only game "set" is week 9, October 27th: Sweetwater vs. Abilene Wylie.

This will not be a "first come, first serve basis" like before so everyone just chill. :cool:

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
ha...sounds like there might should be two shirts.....one for Sinton and one for everyone else...... :p :p :p :D I think two shirts might be needed. Are you volunteering to make the other one?

CHS_CG
07-30-2006, 10:35 PM
I would like a billion dollars....:p

well.. if you woulda answer me on aim i would tell you the rest of what i would like.. as its not viewer friendly on the dl:mad:

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
well.. if you woulda answer me on aim i would tell you the rest of what i would like.. as its not viewer friendly on the dl:mad: lol aim is screwed up get on yim

AggieJohn
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
REQUESTS FOR THE SHIRT ARE NOT BEING TAKEN RIGHT NOW.

The only game "set" is week 9, October 27th: Sweetwater vs. Abilene Wylie.

This will not be a "first come, first serve basis" like before so everyone just chill. :cool: and when they get their post-toasties in a wad, you'll know why...

Emerson1
07-30-2006, 10:50 PM
It should only be allowed to visit a team once until the playoffs start.

Bandera YaYa
07-30-2006, 10:53 PM
I think two shirts might be needed. Are you volunteering to make the other one? No, because it sounds like if I were to make one...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be given it for one of our games....I think I am the only poster from Bandera these days....

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 10:59 PM
No, because it sounds like if I were to make one...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be given it for one of our games....I think I am the only poster from Bandera these days.... Awwwww....maybe you could go to a playoff game this year. :) Isn't Bandera suppose to have a good core returning this year? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
I think I am the only poster from Bandera these days....

I think Greenwood only has 2!!:p

Bandera YaYa
07-30-2006, 11:08 PM
I think Greenwood only has 2!!:p We'll have to make it to a playoff game, RM.......

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I think Greenwood only has 2!!:p
Her entire district has 2. :(

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Her entire district has 2. :(

YaYa's district???

Bandera YaYa
07-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Mine does??

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
YaYa's district???
Yeah, since we left.

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yeah, since we left.

Bummer!!

I was just looking at the Realignment...I didn't realize that the "other" 4 team district was the same district that Bandera was in!!

Bandera YaYa
07-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Well I feel kinda special now.......I demand some respect!!!! :D

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Well I feel kinda special now.......I demand some respect!!!! :D Maybe I'll make a shirt especially for you & Ranger Mom!! :)

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Maybe I'll make a shirt especially for you & Ranger Mom!! :)

LOL!! Do we just pass it back and forth to each other each week??

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 11:24 PM
LOL!! Do we just pass it back and forth to each other each week?? Exactly! And you are to approach as many fans as possible to get signatures and new members!! Imagine the chat stories!!! :D :D

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Exactly! And you are to approach as many fans as possible to get signatures and new members!! Imagine the chat stories!!! :D :D

Hey!! We could print up some business cards to pass out too!!:D

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey!! We could print up some business cards to pass out too!!:D LOL!!! Will you carry a briefcase? OMG...I so need to get some sleep. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif

Ranger Mom
07-30-2006, 11:43 PM
LOL!!! Will you carry a briefcase? OMG...I so need to get some sleep. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif

Heck yeah!! And a business suit with my Greenwood T-Shirt...I can see it now!!

pirate4state
07-30-2006, 11:44 PM

STOP!!!! ROFLMAO!!! :D :D :D

big daddy russ
07-31-2006, 01:08 AM
Awwwww....maybe you could go to a playoff game this year. :) Isn't Bandera suppose to have a good core returning this year? :thinking:
They'll be the second-best team in the region when it's all said and done. :eek: You heard it here first.

Wimberley's good, but lost too much. Ingleside's skilled, but needs some size. Sinton has some work to do. Rio Hondo, Hidalgo, and Port Isabel are right there with Sinton. Meanwhile, Bandera has more returnees than anyone in the state this side of Bellville, including hosses at QB and RB.

CHS_CG
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM

i can see it now

Ashton's friends: " what is your mom doing, shes gone all weird on everybody trying to get us to join this web site"

Ashton to Kellye" MOM STOP you are embarrasing me....."

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Guidelines:

1. You must provide a working telephone number (that will be verified) before the shirt is mailed to you.
2. The preferred games would be ones that are "rich" in downlow members so that maximum folks are able to sign, but all will be considered.
3. Someone that is not involved in the football program (other than having a child who plays) i.e. - player, band member, trainer, coach, etc...
4. If you sign up you must have the following: a digital camera, time & resources ($) to forward the shirt (using a tracking number) to the next person and a back up plan should something come up.

44INAROW
07-31-2006, 08:41 AM
No, because it sounds like if I were to make one...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be given it for one of our games....I think I am the only poster from Bandera these days....

you could do the Bandera/Cuero game :)

Emerson1
07-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Jason and rangermom should both be guranteed a week since without them none of this would of ever been thought of.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Sounds like I missed all the fun....I was sooo tired last nite......I have been moving my youngest to a new apt....a one bedroom..she is DONE with roomies......anyways...sorry I missed it....and yeah for sure, all past shirt and banner makers should have first choice....... :)

kepdawg
08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Since we have another sticky for this, does this thread still need to be a sticky?

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Since we have another sticky for this, does this thread still need to be a sticky?
Shooting for sticky heaven. :devil: