PDA

View Full Version : Austin Traffic Sucks!!

kaorder1999
07-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Its freaking a sunday afternoon and the traffic in Austin sucks. The southbound traffic isn't that bad but I went tp my hotel then tried to go back North towards downtown and it was a stand still. That is crazy

KTJ
07-30-2006, 02:11 PM
First off, this is nothing new.

Second, the southbound traffic is usually worse than northbound. You must be staying south of downtown.

Third, this is nothing new.

Austin has traffic at unnecessary times, such as 2:13 p.m. on a Sunday or at 11:08pm on a Wednesday or at 4:33 pm on a Saturday. It's very, very annoying. I LOVE Dallas traffic and would rather put myself thru Dallas or Houston traffic than Austin. Austin drivers really have no freaking clue whatsoever. It's horrible.

My rant is over.

You here for THSCA?

-----------

EDIT - I must have been really tired. I misspelled a word. :eek:

kaorder1999
07-30-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah...staying south of downtown...and I am here for the THSCA Convention

Gobbla2001
07-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Yah, it's some bs... never like it but I got used to it... When I used to go visit my ex at UT I'd go 183 up to 7th, then 7th down to 35, get on the 35 exit lane for MLK to skip that light, then on to MLK... that's about the only short-cut that ever worked for me in that place... anything else is just traffic, traffic, and more traffic...

Old Dog
07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Austin is paying the price for their progressive city council (no growth) a couple of decades back........

TxDot wanted to add roadway capicity back then, but they were told hell nooooooooooo.......and the money instead went to Houston, Dallas, Ft.Worth and San Antonio. AND they happily accepted! End of dumb ass saga!

AP Panther Fan
07-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Its freaking a sunday afternoon and the traffic in Austin sucks. The southbound traffic isn't that bad but I went tp my hotel then tried to go back North towards downtown and it was a stand still. That is crazy

I left at about 8:30 this morning to avoid some of it. I was north of Austin (Cedar Park/Leander) and didn't have any problems, but again...it was early!

Austin traffic is incredible...it makes my head and stomach hurt at the same time.:D

injuredinmelee
07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
I think Im going ot head down tuesday for the game? where are they playing? At Burger?

CalallenWildcat
07-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Austin Traffic Sucks!!

Um, yeah. It's Interstate 35 between San Antonio and Dallas...that whole stretch of road sucks.

Yesterday, in downtown, I was travelling southbound at 1:15 PM. Yes, there was a traffic jam.

gobbler grad
07-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Its freaking a sunday afternoon and the traffic in Austin sucks.

it's always like that, I would imagine...:thinking:...

SintonFan_inAustin
07-30-2006, 06:20 PM
lol i lived in Austin for 6 years and hated the traffic, 25 mins there was 5 miles and now that i am servicing the Coastal Bend 25 mins is 25 miles. just occasional jam in Crosstown and SPID but that i can live with.

cdlvj
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM
And for some reason, they are always having a bunch of accidents for the size of the city.

STANG RED
07-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
First off, this is nothing new.

Second, the southbound traffic is usually worse than northbound. You must be staying south of downtown.

Third, this is nothing new.

Austin has traffic at unnecessary times, such as 2:13 p.m. on a Sunday or at 11:08pm on a Wednesday or at 4:33 pm on a Saturday. It's very, very annoying. I LOVE Dallas traffic and would rather put myself thru Dallas or Houston traffic than Austin. Austin drivers really have no freaking clue whatsoever. It's horrible.

I'm not sure I agree with you about Dallas and Houston traffic, but your certainly right about Austin traffic. I'm amazed at how bad it is sometimes, in what seems like odd times. I've experience the same thing in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. Where the heck is everybody going??? GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Where the heck is everybody going???
Probably the same places you're going. :D