PDA

View Full Version : Lidge or Lieber to Rangers??

Keith7
07-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Insider reports that the rangers offered the astros Rod Barajas and Brad Wilkerson to the Astros for Lidge, but the Astros said no

and another source says that the rangers are in serious talks with the phillies on getting Jon Lieber

Bull Butter
07-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Why would they want Lidge?
Otsuka has done a better job than Brad this season

Keith7
07-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Why would they want Lidge?
Otsuka has done a better job than Brad this season

set up man

football4life
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
cool, i hadn't heard those rumors, we could use one of those guys. another thing i heard and did not like, buster olney said it on espn, that the rangers have looked into a miguel tejada for hank blalock deal. i think that would be a terrible deal really. we can't give up on any of our young guys that we have stock piled for so long. we don't need miggy.

Keith7
07-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by football4life
cool, i hadn't heard those rumors, we could use one of those guys. another thing i heard and did not like, buster olney said it on espn, that the rangers have looked into a miguel tejada for hank blalock deal. i think that would be a terrible deal really. we can't give up on any of our young guys that we have stock piled for so long. we don't need miggy.

I think that would be a really good trade, Tejada is ALOT more consistant than blalock, and can actually hit left handers.. the only problem is that the Rangers would also have to give up a young pitching prospect in the trade too which could come back to haunt them in the long run

BreckTxLonghorn
07-30-2006, 12:33 PM
The point's kind of moot about Tejada, considering he went public saying he did not want to play 3rd base (basically to the Rangers), and that's what Texas would do, keeping Young at SS.

Gobbla2001
07-30-2006, 01:08 PM
As much as Lidge has stunk this year, 23 saves isn't 'too' bad...