PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Maybe Fran has had more to work against to bring A&M back....

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 12:28 PM
The rumor that has spread all over today, originating form the premium section of Websider and supposedly backed up by legit sources, is that RC has been involved in attempts to sabatoge the team since Fran took over. Supposedly by doing things like giving opposing coaching staffs inside information about the program, going to practices and telling them what happened/what we are running, ect., calling recruits and telling them not to come to A&M, telling HS coaches to keep their players away from A&M, supposedly also attempting to get the Bennet brothers to transfer. I don't have premium Websider or Texags pay access, which are appearently the only places that haven't deleted all the threads started about this. Where the story gets even crazier is that this has been known for some time now but Gates and Byrne have kept their mouth's shut because RC has heavy weight dirt that is worse than what he has already been doing. This will blow up HUGE.

Gobbla2001
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
No, what happened is Fran started the rumor so he could buy some time to save his arse...

Bullaholic
07-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
The rumor that has spread all over today, originating form the premium section of Websider and supposedly backed up by legit sources, is that RC has been involved in attempts to sabatoge the team since Fran took over. Supposedly by doing things like giving opposing coaching staffs inside information about the program, going to practices and telling them what happened/what we are running, ect., calling recruits and telling them not to come to A&M, telling HS coaches to keep their players away from A&M, supposedly also attempting to get the Bennet brothers to transfer. I don't have premium Websider or Texags pay access, which are appearently the only places that haven't deleted all the threads started about this. Where the story gets even crazier is that this has been known for some time now but Gates and Byrne have kept their mouth's shut because RC has heavy weight dirt that is worse than what he has already been doing. This will blow up HUGE.

AJ......Where did you come by this piece of garbage, "National Enquirer"?

Phil C
07-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I would think that RC would have more class than that. There would have to be complete proof.

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Man, if that's true he just got knocked down to the Bill Callahan rung on my ladder of respect. In other words, none. I respect Callahan less than just about any other human being on this planet.... and before everyone else critisizes me for hating Callahan more than Mike Price (who I actually like as a coach), I gotta say that I'd much rather have someone who goes to a nudi club on HIS OWN TIME than someone trying to undermine the efforts of a bunch of college kids through rumors, lies, and sabotage.

But you know what, all wouldn't be lost if this whole situation blew up. Maybe then A&M could finally get rid of the most worthless president in school history and revive at least of few of the many traditions that have died over the last decade or so. I never could stand Gates... whether we're talking about his policies or the man in the flesh.

IF (and this is a big if) it's true, I'll lose all respect that I once had for RC.

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
AJ......Where did you come by this piece of garbage, "National Enquirer"?
You have the right idea, Bull, but don't rule it out just yet. I never believe everything that the media and rumor mill says until they prove it. On that note, I know of two coaches (Bill Callahan when he was with the Raiders and Tom Olivadotti when he was the OC for the Miami Dolphins) that have done stuff like this in the past. As crazy as it sounds to us normal people, some people just can't stand other people's success... and this is the kind of stuff that riles me up.

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Man, if that's true he just got knocked down to the Bill Callahan rung on my ladder of respect. In other words, none. I respect Callahan less than just about any other human being on this planet.... and before everyone else critisizes me for hating Callahan more than Mike Price (who I actually like as a coach), I gotta say that I'd much rather have someone who goes to a nudi club on HIS OWN TIME than someone trying to undermine the efforts of a bunch of college kids through rumors, lies, and sabotage.

But you know what, all wouldn't be lost if this whole situation blew up. Maybe then A&M could finally get rid of the most worthless president in school history and revive at least of few of the many traditions that have died over the last decade or so. I never could stand Gates... whether we're talking about his policies or the man in the flesh.

IF (and this is a big if) it's true, I'll lose all respect that I once had for RC. i actually had 15 minutes with gates one day

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 12:51 PM
AJ......Where did you come by this piece of garbage, "National Enquirer"? texags.com and aggiefans.com

and yes i called it a RUMOR

injuredinmelee
07-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I so doubt this. Not many other coaching staffs would get involved with RC in that capacity. Its just an excuse. Fran is an overrated joke. The only thing happening down there is they hired the wrong guy for the job.

Bullaholic
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You have the right idea, Bull, but don't rule it out just yet. I never believe everything that the media and rumor mill says until they prove it. On that note, I know of two coaches (Bill Callahan when he was with the Raiders and Tom Olivadotti when he was the OC for the Miami Dolphins) that have done stuff like this in the past. As crazy as it sounds to us normal people, some people just can't stand other people's success... and this is the kind of stuff that riles me up.

I agree, Russ, anything is possible. However, I base my skepticism on the complete lack of gain for RC to do any of these things. If Fran was achieving tremendous success with A&M---maybe---but, the truth is he will be lucky to keep his job if A&M does not make a represenative showing this season. I don't think RC wants to return to A&M. I am certainly not an authority on A&M, but the times I have seen RC in the media, he been nothing but a class act, and it would be a "long" fall for him to be involved in this sort of thing. Guess we'll all have to wait and see, but I'll drop my teeth if any of this "holds" water.

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
just a possible rumor that is circulating

eagles_victory
07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
i have my theory also on why A&M has struggled there not very good

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i have my theory also on why A&M has struggled there not very good please tell us

Bullaholic
07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
there not very good

I think he stated his reason and took his "shot" with the last 4 words of his post, AJ.

Bullaholic
07-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i actually had 15 minutes with gates one day

Did he start by saying to you....."Mr. Blutarski....." :D

DaHop72
07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Did he start by saying to you....."Mr. Blutarski....." :D "with a grade point average of 0.00.":D :D

Bulldog_12
07-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I have the rivals premium and all of those threads got deleted because NOBODY had firm proof of it. I dont believe it. I believe that last year was an insanely Injury laden year and our defense was terrible. I also dont think he is calling recruits as we are still bringing in top 25 calibur recruiting classes. Its all a rumor that some dumb ag started on rivals and it has spread like wildfire.

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 01:17 PM
i respect your opinon bulldog_12, i just saw it and was like HMMMMMM

GATAPride77
07-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Can't call BS on this fast or loud enough.

Emerson1
07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I guess RC also made Coach Fran put personal favors infront of the team and had him hire Coach _arnell.

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I guess RC also made Coach Fran put personal favors infront of the team and had him hire Coach _arnell.

Yeah, bad hire, but i'm giong to give him one more year