PDA

View Full Version : MySpace

Old Tiger
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Is anyone else's myspace saying your account has been cancelled or deleted? I'm pissed!

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 10:38 AM
myspace is evil

pirate44
07-28-2006, 10:38 AM
mine does, but thats because i cancelled it

Bulldog_12
07-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Its not saying that for me, but it is moving SUPER slow.

Old Tiger
07-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
myspace is evil I am starting to concur with your statement

pirate4state
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Is anyone else's myspace saying your account has been cancelled or deleted? I'm pissed! Yeah. It let me log on earlier, but now it is moving at a snail's crawl and everone's account has been cancelled or deleted. LOL!

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I am starting to concur with your statement i just think it's for children...not men

tigerpride_08
07-28-2006, 10:47 AM
i logged in but yea it is moving slow...stupid tom...

pirate4state
07-28-2006, 10:48 AM
i just think it's for children...not men So what's your link? :evillaugh

KTJ
07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
My says it's been cancelled or deleted but I didn't do either of those.

:mad: :confused: :eek: :nerd: :hand:

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So what's your link? :evillaugh link (http://theportiers.com)

Real Men have Real Blogs.....

pirate44
07-28-2006, 11:04 AM
So what's your link? :evillaugh
LOL

Old Tiger
07-28-2006, 11:05 AM
P4S is on a roll this morning!

I'm about to say screw myspace! If my account is deleted. I don't want ot have to go through the trouble of re-typing everything, adding my friends, and all that stuff.

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Myspace grew too fast. When they started letting everyone put videos, extra pictures, etc. on their pages it really started to bog the website down. Couple that with all the hack attempts and it was bound to happen sooner or later.

If it really did crash, I bet myspace loses a lot of profiles. They didn't have the servers for that much info anyways.

Old Tiger
07-28-2006, 11:13 AM
They shouldn't allow templates or photos to be placed on the sites. The should only have 12 photo's in the View Image deal. Limit the HTML capabilities on the site and it would increase efficiency.

Bandera YaYa
07-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Maybe the gov't cancelled it??????
I agree, I think it has moved way beyond it's original intention......just another case of a small number of perverts, ruining it for the people who use it responsibly......My 20 yr old daughter has a page and she likes it for checking out her friends, I've seen it, it's silly and all in fun........but my 23 yr old daughter thinks she's too old for it....she views it as kid stuff, meaning she thinks any adults that partake need to get a life and stop trying to be 18....

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
but my 23 yr old daughter thinks she's too old for it....she views it as kid stuff, meaning she thinks any adults that partake need to get a life and stop trying to be 18....
I'll never grow up. You can't make me. ;)

Actually, most of my old friends from back home (range anywhere from 21 through 33 in age) have one. We love it... it makes getting in touch with everyone so much easier. Besides, I hate talking on the phone.

KTJ
07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Actually, most of my old friends from back home (range anywhere from 21 through 33 in age) have one. We love it... it makes getting in touch with everyone so much easier. Besides, I hate talking on the phone.

Facebook???

pirate4state
07-28-2006, 11:26 AM

I feel the same way. It is so much easier to keep up with friends & family. I'm with you Russ...talking on the phone is blah.

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Facebook??? exactly and facebook just looks more neater than myspace, myspace takes too long to load

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Facebook???
Myspace. By the time Facebook came around, most of my old HS friends had graduated college. The others never went. Myspace worked for all of us, so we went with that.

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I feel the same way. It is so much easier to keep up with friends & family. I'm with you Russ...talking on the phone is blah.
:thumbsup:

KTJ
07-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Myspace. By the time Facebook came around, most of my old HS friends had graduated college. The others never went. Myspace worked for all of us, so we went with that.

You can get a Facebook profile as an alum. All you really need is a college email addy.

Facebook is a lot nicer and it keeps the pervs out. (Well, most of them.)

pirate44
07-28-2006, 11:32 AM
i had myspace to get in touch with old classmates, but after a few months, i couldnt find many, so i ditched it.

Bandera YaYa
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM

Actually, most of my old friends from back home (range anywhere from 21 through 33 in age) have one. We love it... it makes getting in touch with everyone so much easier. Besides, I hate talking on the phone. Ha! Well, it is true....some people never seem to grow up!! Well that sounds like a good situation for you and your friends.....I'm sure your convo's are much more mature than what I read on my daughters!!! Seems like the young kids just try to be shocking on there!! I can see where you could use it to your own taste. But, to each his own, I was just stating her opinion....with her, it's a waste of time to sit in front of the computer for hours on end......she's a mover and a shaker....she would just never have the time or inclination to do it! In fact, she unplugged her new computer and it's sitting in her sister's old room as we speak.....just not what she's into...but now she's a talker on the phone tho!!!!!! Ha, she has TWO cell phones.......a back up, I guess..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Old Tiger
07-28-2006, 11:45 AM
You're right YaYa....Ranger Mom does need to grow up and quit sending me dirty messages on myspace:mad: :D :D :p

CHS_CG
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
You're right YaYa....Ranger Mom does need to grow up and quit sending me dirty messages on myspace:mad: :D :D :p

like RM would waster her time on you
:hand:

Old Tiger
07-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
like RM would waster her time on you
:hand: Don't hate because I don't send you message or comments!

eagles_victory
07-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Is anyone else's myspace saying your account has been cancelled or deleted? I'm pissed! Mines still working i guess you didnt repost enough bulletins about Tom deleting peoples accounts post this bulletin to keep yours :D

spiveyrat
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
i just think it's for children...not men

Unfortunately, that's why some men go there.

kaorder1999
07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
mine isnt working. you can go to my page but I cant sign in to my page

Emerson1
07-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Working just fine for me.

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I'm sure your convo's are much more mature than what I read on my daughters!!!
I don't know about all that. :D :D :D

I'm definitely not a mover and shaker. And I can prove it with my 5K posts here on the downlow. ;) Now my girlfriend is a go-getter. She turns 21 next week, already has 130 college credit hours, and would have graduated by now if she hadn't switched majors halfway through her sophomore year.

I guess it's true what they say, opposites attract.

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You can get a Facebook profile as an alum. All you really need is a college email addy.

Facebook is a lot nicer and it keeps the pervs out. (Well, most of them.)
Maybe, but the rest of us couldn't.

I'll definitely set a Facebook profile up sometime in the fall, but because a bunch of my old friends are only on Myspace, I'll probably spend most of my time there.

shankbear
07-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Was Myspace hijacked by Islamofacists?

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Was Myspace hijacked by Islamofacists? prolly

Sweetwater96
07-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Mine's been acting up, but it is just slow, i hope they get it all fixed soon.

MHSvarsity2007
07-28-2006, 02:48 PM
mines working fine...it's not slow or anything

Ranger Mom
07-28-2006, 07:25 PM

LOL!! I don't think I have ever even commented or messaged you once!!

My last few messages are from the adult downlowers who have one!

To each their own though...I have 3 kids who don't live here....myspace is where we keep in contact. I don't need to rationalize to anyone why I have one though!!