PDA

View Full Version : RANDOM QUESTION OF THE WEEK

BHKrystal06
01-20-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm fallin behind on my job! So...how far will the Astros go this year?

3afan2K3
01-20-2004, 07:56 PM
They will lose to the Rangers in the world series

crzyjournalist03
01-20-2004, 08:21 PM
3afan2K3:
They will lose to the Rangers in the world seriesHahahahahaha....I wish

sahen
01-20-2004, 11:43 PM
my prediction: they will have a great season only to nose dive in september w/ a sub par .166 team batting avg....But will still go to the playoffs becuase of an awesome 2.58 team ERA in August...Then they will loose to whomever they play first in the playoffs in 3 games w/ teh scores....1-0, 2-1, and 1-0...the 1 run will be off of a meaningless bagwell homer in the bottom of the ninth w/ no one on base and be his only hit of the series...biggio, kent, and berkman will combine for 4 hits in the series and an overall batting avg. of .063...Clemens, Pettite, and Oswalt will all pitch complete games and Pettite will have pitched the second game since he has the higher ERA....but like always awesome pitching will not be enough to sustain an Astros run at the world series....thats what i think will happen due to history....hopefully they will prove me wrong...Go 'Stros!

<small>[ January 20, 2004, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

dawgdad
01-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a typical 'stros season

Bellville22
01-21-2004, 09:49 AM
They'll finish behind the Cubs in the central. The Cubs still have a better pitching staff, and the Cubs don't have Craig Biggio in CF. But I think the Stros have a shot at the Wild Card, and will lose in the 1st Round to the Phillies.

JasperDog94
01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Bellville22:
The Cubs still have a better pitching staff, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh wait, you were serious? eek!

ElMeroMero
01-21-2004, 12:22 PM
The Astros will choke as always. The bats never wake up during the playoffs so thats why they'll lose.

Bellville22
01-21-2004, 01:57 PM
JasperDog94:

Bellville22:
The Cubs still have a better pitching staff, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh wait, you were serious? eek! Yes, very serious.

St. Ivender
01-21-2004, 02:12 PM
The Cubs played to their potential last year. Don't expect a repeat performance. They are prime for a let-down. The Cardinals are who we should worry about after their subpar year. Baseball is strange. I'm betting the Astros live up to their potential. Clemens will cause a fire that will ignite the unemotional "Killer B's" + Kent.

footballguy 22
01-21-2004, 02:57 PM
They will struggle in hitting in playoffs again.

Wildcat81
01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
with the pitching staff they have they could go far,but the bats have to sound off.

Comfortable Hemorrhage
01-22-2004, 04:25 PM
They have alot of older players. (That could be a good or bad thing I guess)

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2004, 06:05 PM
St. Ivender:
The Cubs played to their potential last year. Don't expect a repeat performance. They are prime for a let-down. The Cardinals are who we should worry about after their subpar year. Baseball is strange. I'm betting the Astros live up to their potential. Clemens will cause a fire that will ignite the unemotional "Killer B's" + Kent.I disagree...I believe that the Cubs are going to be better this year than last...their CF went down with an injury halfway into the season just as he was beginning to emerge as a star...I think Corey Patterson will be back on his game this year...also, look at the improvements throughout the offense. Derrek Lee is an improvement over Choi or Karros. Todd Walker is a very good offensive second baseman. Sammy Sosa probably isn't going to miss almost the entire first half of the season this year either. Add that to the pitching staff of Wood, Prior, and Zambrano, not to mention upgrades in their bullpen, and you have the makings of a very good team that has just as good of a chance as anybody to win it all.

onfirebball05mustang
01-23-2004, 01:30 PM
3afan2K3:
They will lose to the Rangers in the world series(dont know how exactly to say this, but...
|-|3|_|_ y34|-|!!!!!!!)

I do think they will go pretty far this year though!!!!