PDA

View Full Version : Corey Pavin shoots a 26 on the front 9!!!

Bull Butter
07-27-2006, 11:39 PM
OUCH!!!!

He set a PGA Tour record at the Milwaukee Open. Previous low for 9 holes was 27. Went on to card a 61 for the first round.

From Yahoo Sports.......

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Corey Pavin set a PGA Tour record for nine holes on his way to a blistering nine-under-par 61 in the weather-hit first round of the Milwaukee Open in Wisconsin on Thursday.

The 46-year-old American covered the front nine at the Brown Deer Park Golf Course in eight-under 26, breaking the previous low by a stroke.

Compatriots Mike Souchak (1955 Texas Open), Andy North (1975 B.C. Open), Billy Mayfair (2001 Buick Open) and Robert Gamez (2004 Bob Hope Classic) had jointly shared the old record.

Souchak's effort was eight under, North's seven under while Mayfair and Gamez both produced nine-under scores.

Pavin, the 1995 U.S. Open champion, birdied the first six holes in overcast conditions and picked up further shots at the eighth and ninth to complete a sizzling outward nine.

Pavin, who has won 14 times on the PGA Tour but whose last victory came at the 1996 Colonial tournament, collected only one birdie after the turn, at the par-four 16th, to set the early pace.

India's Arjun Atwal was alone in second place after firing a seven-birdie 64 with Americans Skip Kendall and Cameron Beckman a further stroke behind in a share of third when play was suspended for the day because of poor weather.

South African David Frost was also at five under with one hole to play.

The first round will resume at 0700 local (1200 GMT) on Friday with round two scheduled to start at 1050.

South Korea's K.J. Choi and 2003 PGA champion Shaun Micheel opened with 67s while Australia's Nick O'Hern returned a 71.

Emerson1
07-27-2006, 11:48 PM
The guy I got lessons from shot a 58 on a full 18. Might not been a 58 but he has the world record.

44INAROW
07-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Can you imagine what was going through his head on the "turn" knowing he'd shot 26? OMG :)

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The guy I got lessons from shot a 58 on a full 18. Might not been a 58 but he has the world record.
The guy that gave me my first golf lesson won the US Open once.

And the British Open twice. And the Masters four times. ;)