PDA

View Full Version : Possible Downlow Meet and Greet opportunity

kaorder1999
07-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Strippers plan trip down New Braunfels river

03:10 PM CDT on Thursday, July 27, 2006

Associated Press

NEW BRAUNFELS - In the midst of attempts to crack down on raunchy and rowdy behavior during traditional summertime tubing river trips through this city, a San Antonio topless club is planning a tubing excursion featuring strippers.

Trey Maddox, a manager at Palace Men's Club, said Sunday's excursion -- during which men can pay $25 to join the strippers -- isn't meant to fly in the face of the city's new rules.

"We're not hookers, dope dealers or Mafia thugs," he said, noting that the strippers will be appropriately dressed. "We're just coming to have a good time."

City Councilman Ken Valentine isn't so sure.

"I'm really disappointed that this is going to occur on Sunday when people should be in church," he said. "I hope they behave themselves and keep their clothes on, but I'm not sure they will because strippers are trained to take off their clothes."

The New Braunfels City Council has been cracking down on rowdy behavior on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers in recent months, banning volume drinking devices better known as beer bongs, increasing the maximum fine for noise ordinance violations, and prohibiting sound amplification on the river between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.

A new ordinance banning containers with a liquid volume of 5 ounces or less -- an attempt to ban Jell-O shots and the associated litter -- will take effect after the next city council meeting.

Mayor Bruce Boyer said he thought it was unfortunate that the San Antonio club is taking advantage of the situation "to get free publicity."

"And all we're trying to do is make it safe and pleasant for anybody 8 to 80 to come and have a safe and enjoyable river experience," he said.

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh great......just what New Braunfuls needs....a circus coming to town......ha....run those skanks and their lying manager outta town....no place for such nonsense.....or better yet, drown 'em!!!! :mad: :mad:

SintonFan
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh great......just what New Braunfuls needs....a circus coming to town......ha....run those skanks and their lying manager outta town....no place for such nonsense.....or better yet, drown 'em!!!! :mad: :mad:
With Tequlia!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!:clap: ;) :p

KTJ
07-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Party at my apartment in Austin!

Bandera Ya Ya...I'll bring the dollar bills!

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Party at my apartment in Austin!

Bandera Ya Ya...I'll bring the dollar bills! Hey now......heck, I mean, they are always saying to keep the litter outta the rivers........just trying to do my part!!!! :D :p

District303aPastPlayer
07-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

no offense, but shut up