PDA

View Full Version : Keith Davis lies to police about whereabouts before shot....

kaorder1999
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Police: Cowboy shot after party

Davis initially said he was attacked driving back from a family visit

08:57 PM CDT on Thursday, July 27, 2006

By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News

Dallas police said Thursday that Dallas Cowboys safety Keith Davis initially lied to investigators about where he was just before he was shot while driving on Interstate 635 this month.

Mr. Davis' initial account to both the police and The Dallas Morning News was that he was driving home from a family gathering in Shreveport, La., about 5 a.m. July 16 when bullets pierced his customized 1995 Chevrolet Impala. The bullets grazed his head and lodged in his leg.

He was later released from the hospital and on Thursday was at Cowboys training camp in California.

Police on Thursday confirmed that during subsequent interviews with detectives, the Cowboys safety admitted he was at a private party in North Dallas for a few hours just before the shooting.

"All you have to do is pull my affidavit," Mr. Davis said Thursday. "That will tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing. I'm out here to play football. It seems to me that people are a lot more concerned about where I was and what I was doing than the people who shot me."

LaJuanda Lincoln, 30, who was in the car with Mr. Davis at the time of the shooting, could not be reached for comment.

"He wasn't in Shreveport," said Lt. Andy Paris, assaults unit supervisor. "I don't know why he said that. He did have a head wound, and I don't think he was as concerned about that as he was about his future with the team."

Mr. Davis had been shot once before, in 2003, outside a Dallas strip club. He had to sit out the following season. At the time, head coach Bill Parcells had warned his players about the dangers of going to strip clubs, and even dance clubs, for fear that they could end up in trouble – whether it was their fault or not.

Mr. Davis said he is scheduled to meet with Mr. Parcells today. They have not spoken about the recent shooting since it occurred.

Lt. Paris did not elaborate on what type of venue Mr. Davis was partying at in the early morning hours of July 16 – other than to say it was north of LBJ Freeway, near Central Expressway, and that it had pool tables.

After reviewing police records, detectives could not locate any disturbances at the party. Investigators talked to people who were at the gathering, and no one said anything occurred there that might explain why someone would follow Mr. Davis onto the freeway and shoot him.

Police said that they were not clear on how to categorize the incident but were leaning toward road rage. Initially, they said it was a possible carjacking.

What is certain is that police are out of leads, they announced Thursday, and are seeking the public's help.

In particular, police want to find and interview the person driving a white pickup of unknown make or model that was also traveling west on LBJ near TI Boulevard about the time Mr. Davis' bright red Impala merged onto the freeway there.

Although the truck exited just before the gunman opened fire near the intersection with Montfort Drive, police are hoping the pickup driver saw something that could lead to the attacker. Mr. Davis told police he believes the gunman was driving a dark blue sedan.

Anyone with information can call Dallas police at 214-671-3584.

lostaussie
07-27-2006, 09:31 PM
big tuna ain't gonna like this. he even lied about trying to get home so he could make it to church. talk about taking the hell express:D

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I just don't get it.....someone please explain to me why these so called talented athletes who reel in the dough, hang around dives and strip joints, etc, ect.......because if my body and keeping my head on straight depended on my making a living...a great living ..... I'd be in home by 10 every nite and be saying my prayers!!! What the hell is wrong with these guys???? They make up a team, paid alot of money to stay in shape to play a game......I just don't get it!!! The owners of these so called super stars are making tragic mistakes in allowing them to carry on like this. It a crying shame....trust me, they are a dime a dozen these days........ :rolleyes:

3afan
07-27-2006, 10:27 PM
'cause they want to be seen, be praised and pampered, and get women

kaorder1999
07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
'cause they want to be seen, be praised and pampered, and get women

yep

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Oh yeah.....I forgot about that..........silly me....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3afan
07-28-2006, 05:44 AM
ditto :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
07-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I just don't get it.....someone please explain to me why these so called talented athletes who reel in the dough, hang around dives and strip joints, etc, ect.......because if my body and keeping my head on straight depended on my making a living...a great living ..... I'd be in home by 10 every nite and be saying my prayers!!! What the hell is wrong with these guys???? They make up a team, paid alot of money to stay in shape to play a game......I just don't get it!!! The owners of these so called super stars are making tragic mistakes in allowing them to carry on like this. It a crying shame....trust me, they are a dime a dozen these days........ :rolleyes:
I think they'd be doing this even if they weren't rolling in the dough... even if they were a minimum-wage athlete.

The thing about high-stress jobs is that the people who work them tend to play a whole lot harder than the rest of us. Go ask a waiter, bartender, someone who works offshore, a construction worker, yard foreman/superintendent, etc how much a week they spend on alcohol. Then go ask a computer programmer, office worker, etc.

I know at every restaurant I've ever worked at, your average waiter parties four or five times a week. And when they party, they party hard. Bartenders party almost as much. When I was working behind the bar, I'd go out three or four times a week, but then again my job was nowhere near as stressful as the servers. If a customer was talking stuff to me, I'd say something right back. A waiter can't do that, so they have a lot more steam to blow off.

Athletes have some of the most stressful jobs on the planet, and to top it all off they have to wear this perfect face everytime they step out into public. If I went out and went hard three times a week as a bartender, I could only imagine what I'd be doing if I was in the NFL.

It may not be right, but it is what it is.

spiveyrat
07-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
"All you have to do is pull my affidavit," Mr. Davis said Thursday. "That will tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing. I'm out here to play football. It seems to me that people are a lot more concerned about where I was and what I was doing than the people who shot me."

If they knew exactly where he was, they might have a better chance of understanding who shot him. What a dumb#@! :rolleyes:

Or someone with something to hide. :thinking: