PDA

View Full Version : Fans of ESPN's PTI or Mike and Mike in the morning...

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I turn M&M on in the morning and listen to it while I'm getting
ready for work. When I get home I turn it to PTI and watch it
first thing. These are my two favorite sports shows.

More and more often they are having guest hosts. I don't want
to see Casillas filling in for Golic and I don't want to watch Jay
Mariotti filling in for Mike Wilbon. :mad:

Does it bother you when your favorite talk radio or TV sports
shows have guest hosts or am I just odd? :D

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Eric K is the best ESPN Radio host there is...

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!:mad:

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
OH...and I thank God every time that somebody subs in for Dan Patrick's radio show during lunch time.

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!:mad:

I don't have ESPN radio. Doesn't it bother you when Eric K is
replaced for a day or two with some hack?

Pmoney
07-27-2006, 01:26 PM
i agree w/ ya it makes me mad when if wilbon or tony are missing

shellman54
07-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't like it, but its just like everyone else who has a job. They deserve vacation time just like everyone else. And you have to have someone to fill in while they are gone.

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 01:32 PM
i don't like it when everyone isn't there, but it is summer and they take off a lot of time during the summer lull

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
I don't like it, but its just like everyone else who has a job. They deserve vacation time just like everyone else. And you have to have someone to fill in while they are gone.

Yes, I understand that. But here lately these 4 guys are working
3 days a week on these shows.

shellman54
07-27-2006, 01:34 PM
they have vacation to burn?

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I don't have ESPN radio. Doesn't bother you when Eric K is
replaced for a day or two with some hack?

Oh I agree when he isn't on during the afternoons. However...that usually means that he was moved to either M&M or to Dan Patrick to fill in there. That being said...he doesn't get to do his signature signoff on their shows.

Since you've never heard it...here is what I think his sign off today might sound like...

(With Barry White's "Cant Get Enough of Your Love Baby" playing in the background)

It's Thursday evening...so put on your Floyd Landis yellow jersey...plop down on the couch and watch some Grey's Anatomy reruns...but when it comes time to make your move, if she says "whoa...I've heard about your testosterone levels" and you don't get any...well...it ain't Barry White's fault...

(I can't get enough of your love baby fades into commercial)

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh I agree when he isn't on during the afternoons. However...that usually means that he was moved to either M&M or to Dan Patrick to fill in there. That being said...he doesn't get to do his signature signoff on their shows.

Since you've never heard it...here is what I think his sign off today might sound like...

(With Barry White's "Cant Get Enough of Your Love Baby" playing in the background)

It's Thursday evening...so put on your Floyd Landis yellow jersey...plop down on the couch and watch some Grey's Anatomy reruns...but when it comes time to make your move, if she says "whoa...I've heard about your testosterone levels" and you don't get any...well...it ain't Barry White's fault...

(I can't get enough of your love baby fades into commercial) yeah i love listening to that

DaHop72
07-27-2006, 01:48 PM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!:mad: Man Crush alert:devil:

DaHop72
07-27-2006, 01:48 PM

(I can't get enough of your love baby fades into commercial) But I do like this part.:D

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Man Crush alert:devil:

At least my guy didn't write a book...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1400064384.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 02:04 PM
How do you do that. I keep trying and can't ever get it. :mad:

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
How do you do that. I keep trying and can't ever get it. :mad:

to post a picture???

I type in what I wanted to type in and then you can either click on the IMG option in the toolbox above...or just type in this:

[img ] Insert the link to the picture (it needs to be a jpg or gif file) here [ /img]

Obviously you don't want to have spaces in the [img] box...I just put those there so that you could see what I write into the box.

Macarthur
07-27-2006, 02:24 PM
All of ESPN radio makes my ear bleed, especially M&M.

Listen to The Ticket for a week and you'll never go back to ESPN radio, unless of course, you like hearing about the Chicago Whitesox, NY teams and when they throw a bone to the west coast.

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 02:26 PM

pirate44
07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
i ma fan of mike & mike. and yeah i hate it when they have fill-ins. i tune in for their personality and chemistry. its not as good without them

shellman54
07-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Who else hears Colin Cowherd from 10 - noon?

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Who else hears Colin Cowherd from 10 - noon? i do shellman, i like him, i think he's prety funny IMO

DaHop72
07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
That's not my man Golic!!
Now here's the man.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2882/gqrb7.th.jpg (http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gqrb7.jpg)

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Who else hears Colin Cowherd from 10 - noon?

I used to hear him all the time when I lived in Abilene. Now I'm always at work and will occassionally catch a segment at the end on my way to lunch. Though Hops won't agree...he's a lot better than M&M.

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That's not my man Golic!!
Now here's the man.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2882/gqrb7.th.jpg (http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gqrb7.jpg)

I didn't know that you read GQ.:nerd:

DaHop72
07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I didn't know that you read GQ.:nerd: I'm about as likely to as Golic.:evillaugh :evillaugh

football4life
07-27-2006, 03:43 PM
i don't mind it too much on the radio, because i just like to listen to the banter and insight, but on PTI, i absolutely can't stand to watch it when wilbon and tony aren't there, because it's just no good. i'm ok with lebatard and wilbon, but when they are both gone, it's just boring as can be. right now im watching rome is burning and some random woman is hosting the show. no good, so i came to the computer.:doh: