PDA

View Full Version : Steriods

Keith7
07-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Now from here on out, if anybody does something great or unbelievable in sports, are people just going to assume they are on steriods??? I know its something that has to be tested for, and i'm glad everyone is cracking down on it, but it seems to be going too far

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 11:08 AM
true...true...

I'm a big fact finder and like to know all of the information...but this definitely feels like it's gone way overboard and now I would rather just be a naive fan and enjoy the games. The games are pure...even if some of the competitors aren't.

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
What bothers me is the sports media presents it like performance
enhancing drugs have only been around for a decade or so. They
have been around alot longer than that. I bet the the hall of fame
is half full of users.

Phil C
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is half full of users.

:confused: :eek:

Keith7
07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is half full of users.

the 60s and 70 were full of amphetimine use, and the 80s had cocaine problems, and now we are stuck on the steriod issue.. i wish they would let it go..

and another thing is, why do people give Barry Bonds such a hard time, but Jason Giambi has seemingly gotten away scott free.. he was just as guilty as Bonds, and looks like he might be on steriods again.. why are no steriod chants started when he comes to bat? why don't people throw syrnges at him??

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
the 60s and 70 were full of amphetimine use, and the 80s had cocaine problems, and now we are stuck on the steriod issue.. i wish they would let it go..

and another thing is, why do people give Barry Bonds such a hard time, but Jason Giambi has seemingly gotten away scott free.. he was just as guilty as Bonds, and looks like he might be on steriods again.. why are no steriod chants started when he comes to bat? why don't people throw syrnges at him??

Because BB is alot closer to the Great Hammerin' Hank Aaron.

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
:confused: :eek:

Do you totally disagree?

Bullaholic
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
The whole substance abuse issue needs to be clearly defined and firm policy stated by every sport. Either go to a "0 tolerance"
policy with teeth, or leave the issue alone altogether---the ambivalence in regulation and enforcement plus misundertandings with "gray" areas are runining professional sports.