PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Newton

panther69
12-05-2001, 11:12 PM
Ineed info on this game. Can newton pass? What is the most yards they have had in a game this season?

untamedguierilla
12-05-2001, 11:18 PM
I believe it is 114 yrds.

panther69
12-05-2001, 11:23 PM
Who Was This Against? Giddings seems to be well balanced. THey can always find a weakness. If newton must pass can they pull out a win?

untamedguierilla
12-05-2001, 11:51 PM
I really feel that it will be a great game. I feel the one who makes the fewest mistakes will travel on. Both teams have great players. I honestly believe both are great teams or else they would have not gone this far. Both teams have great runningbacks, Newton's back a little fater, but Giddings back bigger and more physical. Receivers- Newton has a good tight end, but can not compare to several of Giddings receivers. May the best team win. To both teams keep it clean, and play like you will never play again. Good luck to all!!!!!

Fedor Mudcat
12-06-2001, 12:14 AM
I haven't seen Newton play, but I watched Giddings play last week. They are a well coached squad that makes very few mental errors and mistakes. I thought Rice Consolidated had better athletes, but Giddings took advantage of their aggressiveness and picked them apart. Giddings has their fair share of athletes as well though. I believe the winner of the Newton - Giddings game will have to play smart and not make any careless mistakes (penalties, turnovers). Any team this deep in the playoffs will be good. Let the best team win!!

Husker98
12-06-2001, 11:11 AM
This is gonna be a great game. There is not doubt that whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win this one. Newton hasn't really had to pass this year because their running game is so good. However, if they need to they can. When you least expect it, you will see one of them many receivers with 4.4 speed going down the sideline for a touchdown. Just ask Sealy. Newton had to pass to get them out of a hole against Sealy, and you can bet Barbay will have a pass play up his sleeve if he needs it against Giddings.