PDA

View Full Version : Longest district winning streak...

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 02:07 AM
...who has it now...who is closetest to it...and who will be the one to end it????

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by pirateman98
...who has it now...who is closetest to it...and who will be the one to end it????
I know Gilmer's is pretty long, but Sinton's is longer.

Oh, and Ingleside will end it this year. ;) :p :D

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Your team has a good chance at THRONE!!! We'll see!!!
;)

piratebg
07-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I know Gilmer's is pretty long, but Sinton's is longer.

Oh, and Ingleside will end it this year. ;) :p :D

Don't know what you are smoking but it must be some good stuff.:smoker:

The Pirates are gonna extend that streak this year.

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:16 AM
I'm trying to think of others that may have long win streaks. I'd like to see LaVernia's. I know Perryton did have a long one, but I think Canyon put an end to it either this year or last. Only other ones I could think of are maybe (??????) Devine and Cuero. I've forgot what the Warhorses done the past few years, but I know they've had some tough teams.

Oh, and Lufkin Hudson and Pharr Valley View haven't lost a game in a long while.

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by piratebg

:clap:

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:20 AM
Your team has a good chance at THRONE!!! We'll see!!!
;)
It'll definitely be a good year. Ingleside's up, but Sinton's being underrated by everyone. The Pirates (like always) should have one of the best defenses in the state. If you can get some form of a consistent, cohesive offense going you'll make a deep run. Hopefully, you'll make it in D2. ;)

Not smoking anything, but I'm on my second 24 oz mug of coffee in the past hour. :D

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2006, 02:27 AM
our last district loss was back in september of 2000, in mathis... i believe it was the 6th or so...

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
our last district loss was back in september of 2000, in mathis... i believe it was the 6th or so...

I could be wrong but that was the year that we played Bandera in the playoffs and lossed 14-0, right? And that year, it was the first district game of that year and it was against Mathis, I think!! and we lossed 21-14, again, I think!!

DU_stud04
07-27-2006, 02:31 AM
sweetwater went for a 40-0 regular season win streak in 4a.....not sure if that was our longest

piratebg
07-27-2006, 02:34 AM
I could be wrong but that was the year that we played Bandera in the playoffs and lossed 14-0, right? And that year, it was the first district game of that year and it was against Mathis, I think!! and we lossed 21-14, again, I think!!

That was the year we lost to Bandera, but we beat Mathis the next year. At least I think...

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:35 AM
That's right. That's back when I was working for the TV station and I was at both of those games. Your district win streak is spotless from then on.

You know, ya'll would've probably won that game against Bandera if Adrian hadn't been injured. Emi filled in about as well as you possibly could under the circumstances, but Bandera was too tough a team for a first-time start.

Old Tiger
07-27-2006, 02:36 AM
Marlin's is pretty long. I think that they are undefeated in district over the past 7 or 8 years. I may be mistaken

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2006, 02:36 AM

:(

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:37 AM
:(
You were almost right... that was your last district loss.

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 02:38 AM
That was the year we lost to Bandera, but we beat Mathis the next year. At least I think...

Yeah we did the next year (45-0?) or something like that!! That was the year that LB from Mathis was taking juke about how Adrian couldn't take a hit!! I think the 3rd play from the line of scrimmage he ran it in for a TD. I think....anyway...the year before we lost and that was the first game in district play!! I think!!!

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2006, 02:39 AM
That's right. That's back when I was working for the TV station and I was at both of those games. Your district win streak is spotless from then on.

You know, ya'll would've probably won that game against Bandera if Adrian hadn't been injured. Emi filled in about as well as you possibly could under the circumstances, but Bandera was too tough a team for a first-time start.

it was actually his second start :)
he didnt finish up against cuero (i still can describe the play he got hurt and the subsequent 2), he started against a team in teh valley, raymondville, played at PSJA stadium... and then he started against bandera in alamo stadium which we lost 14-0... they had like 5 all staters on offense or something rediculous like taht

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2006, 02:40 AM
You were almost right... that was your last district loss.

i meant it was on September 6th, 2000... in Mathis

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:46 AM
it was actually his second start :)
he didnt finish up against cuero (i still can describe the play he got hurt and the subsequent 2), he started against a team in teh valley, raymondville, played at PSJA stadium... and then he started against bandera in alamo stadium which we lost 14-0... they had like 5 all staters on offense or something rediculous like taht
I had forgot about the Raymondville game.

Yeah, the RB and QB were both studs, but you did a pretty damn good job of containing them. The RB was just so tough on the extra yards that he became the difference-maker. I know the QB was averaging something like 250-300 yards a game, but ya'll held him to around 100. If I remember correctly, Todd Knutson was their QB.

piratebg
07-27-2006, 02:50 AM
I had forgot about the Raymondville game.

Yeah, the RB and QB were both studs, but you did a pretty damn good job of containing them. The RB was just so tough on the extra yards that he became the difference-maker. I know the QB was averaging something like 250-300 yards a game, but ya'll held him to around 100. If I remember correctly, Todd Knutson was their QB.

I have no memory of the Raymondville game, but I do remember the Bandera game. It was freakin cold in SA that day.

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2006, 02:52 AM
I have no memory of the Raymondville game, but I do remember the Bandera game. It was freakin cold in SA that day.

the raymondville game was at PSJA stadium. talk about weird, their field was like bright green... turf...

piratebg
07-27-2006, 02:54 AM
the raymondville game was at PSJA stadium. talk about weird, their field was like bright green... turf...

Oh yeah, I remember now. Damn that was a long drive. I've got some funny memories from that game.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN PIRATED

big daddy russ
07-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Man, I wasn't even there. I was up in SA/San Marcos/Austin that weekend.

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 03:02 AM

Yeah, I was there at the Bandera game but couldn't make it to the Raymondville game.

pirateman98
07-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Oh yeah, I remember now. Damn that was a long drive. I've got some funny memories from that game.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN PIRATED

Good point!!!! Please stick to the original question!!! :p