PDA

View Full Version : TdF not clean yet

turbostud
07-26-2006, 11:29 PM
The A sample is positive and the B sample hasnt been tested yet.
According to Velonews.
Any predictions?

Floyd Landis??????

Link (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28910-2287959,00.html)

link (http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10587.0.html)

Phil C
07-27-2006, 09:17 AM
According to one news article no one on USA Cycling or whatever it is was informed so it seems to indicate it was not an American or Landis but this is not completely reliable. It is a shame for them to release this information without any names. It is also a shame it couldn't have been caught before the race was complete. I always thought they did the testing and finding the results on site not days after the completion of the race. It does look like some inefficiency in testing to me. It is a shame we don't have a name (Where is the Pavorachi or whatever it is when you need them?).
Hopefully, it won't be Landis or any of his teammates because Floyd basically won this thing by himself. It will be a big blow to this Tour de France fan if it is Floyd even though I will still be a fan. It is bad enough this has come up after the fact.

Still one has to wonder -

Where's Floyd?

DaHop72
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Tour de France winner tests positive for drugs
Landis had an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone after stage 17

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 1 minute ago
Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has tested positive for the male sex hormone testosterone, his team American Phonak said on Thursday.

“The Phonak Cycling Team was notified yesterday by the UCI of an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France,” Phonak said in a team statement.

Landis, who raced with a hip injury throughout the event, was reportedly in Germany to receive treatment on his hip when the report broke.

Landis had missed race commitments on Wednesday and Thursday in Denmark and the Netherlands, which had baffled organizers.

Dutch news agency ANP quoted his team mate Koos Moerenhout as saying that Landis had pain from hip problem and had gone gone to see his doctor in Germany.

More details to come.

Phil C
07-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Tour de France winner tests positive for drugs
Landis had an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone after stage 17

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 1 minute ago
Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has tested positive for the male sex hormone testosterone, his team American Phonak said on Thursday.

“The Phonak Cycling Team was notified yesterday by the UCI of an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France,” Phonak said in a team statement.

Landis, who raced with a hip injury throughout the event, was reportedly in Germany to receive treatment on his hip when the report broke.

Landis had missed race commitments on Wednesday and Thursday in Denmark and the Netherlands, which had baffled organizers.

Dutch news agency ANP quoted his team mate Koos Moerenhout as saying that Landis had pain from hip problem and had gone gone to see his doctor in Germany.

More details to come.

:( But thanks for the research Da. This is a big disappointing blow to me.

Phil C
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I think he still has to have another test to confirm the results. It is a shame that this wasn't brought out right after stage 17. :(

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think he still has to have another test to confirm the results. It is a shame that this wasn't brought out right after stage 17. :(
No, it's a shame they're ever allowed to start the race. I don't keep up with how/when they test, so I'm just spouting off ( :eek: ). They should be testing before Day 1.....if they don't pass, they don't get on the bike. And daily testing should take place after it begins, with the same consequences.

Phil C
07-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, it's a shame they're ever allowed to start the race. I don't keep up with how/when they test, so I'm just spouting off ( :eek: ). They should be testing before Day 1.....if they don't pass, they don't get on the bike. And daily testing should take place after it begins, with the same consequences.

LH I was under the understanding that they are tested during the race right away so that they can find out the results quickly. This test should have been brought out right away from what I understand and that they test stage winners daily. It is beginning to sound fishy that this result came out three days after the tour was over.

Phil C
07-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Let's not give up on Floyd yet everyone. Remember the news is just out and the media is having a field day on sensationalism. Let's not panic yet and I know some of you are extra concerned about what the French will think of us but we must keep our cool. We must stay focused and calm, cool and collected. Let's wait until all the testing is done and we know all the facts. While others are running around now like a chicken with its' head cut off we must remain cool. Do not panic or lose hope yet. We must keep our composure.

Emerson1
07-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Is this the same place that tested Armstrong positive every race?

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

thats what happened. jan ulrich and a boat load of others dropped out of the race for fear of the impending scandal.