2006: Division 1? and Division 2?

injuredinmelee
07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Gilmer and Sweetwater

injuredinmelee
07-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Gilmer and Sweetwater

or do I need to do research and they are both in DII?

Gobbla2001
07-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Didn't Jefferson beat Cuero 20 years ago in the final?

didn't Cuero beat Cameron in the '87 Semi's???

And Cuero has beaten Sealy and Wimberly within the last couple of years so I see some significance or something :D

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 10:20 PM
DI- WO-S over Gilmer

DII- Cuero over Sweetwater big, but the Gobs barely edge out Bellville in the Semis

Gobbla2001
07-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
DI- WO-S over Gilmer

DII- Cuero over Sweetwater big, but the Gobs barely edge out Bellville in the Semis

Bellville goin' D2?

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Bellville goin' D2?
I thought they were a D2 school. If not, they win the D1 state title.

-Bellville, Cuero, and Gilmer are the most loaded teams in the state.

-Cuero under Reeves is like UT under Mack, Florida under the ol' ballcoach, and FSU under Bowden... they've outclassed everyone by so much for so long and they've been knocking on the door for so long, they're bound to finally break through.

-Bellville will be the best team in Region 3. Sorry WO-S, Yoe, Hutto, LH, Jasper, and everyone else out that way.

-I just think Gilmer runs out of gas the last game. The bullseye will be on their back the entire year. That's a whole lot of weight to carry.

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Bellville goin' D2?
Oh, and I'm switching out Sweetwater for Dallas Madison. They've had tons of talent for what seems like forever. Sounds like they've finally put it all together.

Still, I'll take Cuero over anyone this year.

Gobbla2001
07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Hell I dunno about Bellville that's why I was asking you ha... I always thought they were the D1 school in their district or second highest enrollment and figured they'd stay that way... then again I may be thinking of someone else...

Was just curious...

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2006, 10:36 PM
-Bellville will be the best team in Region 3. Sorry WO-S, Yoe, Hutto, LH, Jasper, and everyone else out that way.

Keep telling yourself that. ;)

DaRaiderz
07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
I thought they were a D2 school. If not, they win the D1 state title.

Bellville will be D2 if Navasota makes the playoffs and I totally disagree with them being the best team in Region 3. They won't be the best team in their district. Giddings will beat Bellville.

wos fan1
07-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Didn't Jefferson beat Cuero 20 years ago in the final?

didn't Cuero beat Cameron in the '87 Semi's???

And Cuero has beaten Sealy and Wimberly within the last couple of years so I see some significance or something :D WOS looks to go D2 this year. I predict WOS in D2 and Gilmer in D1.

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
Bellville will be D2 if Navasota makes the playoffs and I totally disagree with them being the best team in Region 3. They won't be the best team in their district. Giddings will beat Bellville.
From everything I heard, Giddings caught Bellville napping in the playoffs. Not to take anything away from Giddings, but from everything I've heard I think that if they played a best-of-seven, Bellville would've taken it in five or six.

The Brahmas return more starters than any other team in the entire state. I think it's amazing that a top-ten team last season (by both the Associated Press and their on-field performance) that returned the house has been overlooked by so many people in the preseason this year.

Maybe I'm wrong here. Raiderz, you've seen them at least as many times as I have in the last year. Then again, I never saw them play, only saw what they did with a loaded schedule.

Finished at 9-2. Their only other loss was by four to sixth-ranked Cameron Yoe. Also took out state-ranked Marlin and Rice.

Who do you think will make it out of R3 and who do you think the best team in the region is? They don't necessarily have to be the same answer.... oh, and why do you think Bellville is in the second tier of teams?

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
WOS looks to go D2 this year. I predict WOS in D2 and Gilmer in D1.
In that case, I could see them meeting up with Cuero in the finals as long as Bellville doesn't get in their way.

wos fan1
07-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Can't wait!

Snydertigersrul
07-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
25 Years Ago: Cameron

20 Years Ago: Jefferson

15 Years Ago: Groesbeck

10 Years Ago: Sealy

5 Years Ago: Everman and Commerce

1 Year Ago: Wimberley and Tatum