PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Achievement Award (The Downlow Hall of Fame)

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Here it, the surprise of the Lowies. This one is the Lifetime Acheivement Award and the TWO winners will be enshrined in my own personal Downlow Hall of Fame.

Five candidates. You get to pick two. Like the other two posted right now, this one lasts until Friday.

The nominees are....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gobbla2k1- The reason this board was here in the first place. This was the guy... well, this was the kid... who started the little forum that has turned into the 3aDownlow.

How old were you when you started this? Seventeen or so?

Was the proprietor, one of the original moderators, and is still a key member of the forum.

Although his role has diminished due to increased responsibilities, his fingerprints are all over the board.

You know what, nix that. This board IS his and Matt328's fingerprint. Which brings us to...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew328- Like I said earlier, Gobbla had to scale back his responsibilities on the Downlow as his responsibilities in the real world grew, and when that happened the brunt of the load fell squarely into the lap of his partner in crime, Matt.

Matt was one of the original proprietors of the site along with Gobbla, but has helped maintain this site since its inception. Even today, he brings his expertise on the high school landscape to the Downlow.

Who were the original guys who ranked the teams in the different regions? If I remember correctly, toby, bearcat, j2k, and MATT.

Who took over when one of the other mods could no longer do it? That's right, Matt was doing the rankings for two regions.

And our weekly state rankings? All Matt.

LH Panther Mom- One of the four who took over when the first group of moderators left. Also has more posts than all but two people on the DL (PhilC/PhiIC has a few more than her or RM).

She kinda reminds me of my 'momma' and was one of the original mommas of the board. She also has one set of rankings that Matt will never have-- the POOH Ranking system.

Is always there to settle the board down when it gets wound up and (at least it seems like) is always in good spirits.

Ranger Mom- The 'mom next door,' RM's taken on the role of Downlow sweetheart/stud-woman. She's also kind of the Sheriff of the DL, moderating problems as much as possible. A lot like LHPM, she's always there to wind things down whenever the board gets wound up.

Trails Phil by less than 100 posts for numero uno all-time, but is number one on the DL in date requests. Combine the times that she's been asked out with the times some of the young 'uns have asked her to ask her daughter out, and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of Adidas' post count during the last year.

That number's about as small as President Taft.

Sinton66- If RM's the Sheriff, 66 is her Colt .45.

This is the guy who's never been afraid to step on some toes if they're stepping on everyone else's, and is one of the big reasons the Downlow has remained such a family-friendly site through it all. Was the post leader through much of the earlier years of the DL, but has 'fallen off the wagon' (if you can call it that ;)) and has 'slipped' to fourth on the list of top posters.

Still, he was one of the guys who has held the board together through it all and has done as much for the board as anyone.

Guys, if I have any of the info wrong, just let me know.

Again, good luck to everyone. Voting ends FRIDAY at about 6:30, and you get TWO (2) votes in this poll.

Keith7
07-26-2006, 06:32 PM
i would like to write in my vote to Keith7

kepdawg
07-26-2006, 07:03 PM
All worthy candidates, but Gobbla and Matt should be the first two.

sinton66
07-26-2006, 07:23 PM
We might should have mentioned our other "Matt", Administrator. He's the computer genius that keeps us up and running. He's busted his keister several times keeping the 'low going, even making room for us on his 4A site while picking up our server and moving it out of harm's way during an approaching hurricane. He found this great software and has it performing well. He also gave Matthew and Gobbla our first message board.

pirate44
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
i like the idea of making a 3a downlow hall of fame and having this entire group be the class of '06:clap:

olddawggreen
07-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Great post BDR! With all the new people on the site, its great of you to kind of give the low down on the down low.:D

As far as trying to pick one out of the above mentioned (including Matt the Adm.) thats tough. I think they all have earned the Lifetime Achievement Award. Its great of you to point out their contributions to the site.:)

Snydertigersrul
07-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Great post BDR! With all the new people on the site, its great of you to kind of give the low down on the down low.:D

As far as trying to pick one out of the above mentioned (including Matt the Adm.) thats tough. I think they all have earned the Lifetime Achievement Award. Its great of you to point out their contributions to the site.:)

Black Magic should be at the top of the list. Why was he left off? I'm going to write him in. Since I've not been here that long, I'm not eligible for this year's class.

spiveyrat
07-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i like the idea of making a 3a downlow hall of fame and having this entire group be the class of '06:clap:

... and give them the title of "Hall of Famer" instead of "All American". :nerd:

pirate44
07-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
... and give them the title of "Hall of Famer" instead of "All American". :nerd:
great idea!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snydertigersrul
07-27-2006, 07:22 AM
great idea!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks. It's nice to hear a post from another admirer of Blackie. :devil:

MHSvarsity2007
07-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

are you trying to be the most hated person on the downlow??

pirate44
07-27-2006, 07:51 AM

:confused: who's Blackie? or even more important, how'd you come up with that as a response to my post?

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 08:54 AM
i like gobbla, and matt, but i think that RM needs to be top two

Snyder_TigerFan
07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Well, the way I see it is if it weren't for the efforts of Gobbla and Matt, you wouldn't be here to voice that opinion. No offense to you RM, but I think the founders of the site should probably be put in the "Downlow Hall of Fame" first.

sinton66
07-27-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't want to cause any flak here, but just to set the record straight, Matthew was not one of the founders of the original 3ADownlow. Gobbla and Bearcat1 were the founders. Matthew and Jacket were recruited shortly thereafter. The original 3ADownlow was a "home page" and the messaging was done in the guest log. Later on, Administrator(member #1) gave the first message board to Gobbla and Matthew. Matthew became the sole survivor of the first group, and thus became the owner of 3ADownlow by default. He has, however, always done an outstanding job of keeping us going.

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 12:27 PM
the current results are very complexing to me

Gobbla2001
07-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The original 3ADownlow was a "home page" and the messaging was done in the guest log. Later on, Administrator(member #1) gave the first message board to Gobbla and Matthew.

Well we had an old Bravenet Forum which was fine... then Admin emailed me out of the blue (had never had any contact with him whatsoever) and said that he enjoyed the site and said he could hook us up with a cooler message board (forget if he worked at a company that could do it or what, I dunno, that was 5 years ago)... Funny, after we ditched the Bravenet for this board things picked up...

He is automatically a hall of famer for that.... that was a gift and a half... :clap:

pirate44
07-27-2006, 12:45 PM
reading all this downlow history is pretty cool

Gobbla2001
07-27-2006, 12:46 PM
And Matt may deserve it, but don't vote for him...

he has a bed-wetting problem :D

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
reading all this downlow history is pretty cool i feel so honored to be around some pretty cool people

Ranger Mom
07-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Thanks John, that's sweet...but I also voted for Gobbla and Matt!!

maroonpirate04
07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Now these awards sound kinda like American Music Awards or Grammys :D :D

SintonFan
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I think all these should be recognized.:clap: :cool:

Keith7
07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
when the final results are done don't forget to count the write in votes

pirate44
07-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think all these should be recognized.:clap: :cool:
im with you SF:clap:

sinton66
07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
And Matt may deserve it, but don't vote for him...

he has a bed-wetting problem :D

And you know about this HOW??????:D

lostaussie
07-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
when the final results are done don't forget to count the write in votes yep, i think they can count to 1:D

Phantom Stang
07-27-2006, 10:28 PM
I know he doesn't post as often as he once did, but slpybear belongs on this list.

SintonFan
07-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I know he doesn't post as often as he once did, but slpybear belongs on this list.
I tend to agree. sply has probably the highest ratio of "quality posts to overall posts" average.:cool:

olddawggreen
07-28-2006, 12:23 AM

44, it looks like a knatt got in the room, and knatts are always annoying more than anything else. Got any Off spray?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate44
07-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
44, it looks like a knatt got in the room, and knatts are always annoying more than anything else. Got any Off spray?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
whew..ok..i thought for a minute there that i quoted the wrong person

tigerpride_08
07-28-2006, 10:42 AM
wow...real close...

Gobbla2001
07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
And you know about this HOW??????:D

That's just what I heard ha...

Gobbla2001
07-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh no I'm losering... :doh: