PDA

View Full Version : Alice getting hammered

luvhoops34
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Just came back from a grocery run to Alice. While I was in HEB it started raining and raining and raining. 5in had fallen by the time I left. I had to wait to even get to my truck and still got soaken wet. Central Jim Wells county is still under a flash flood watch until 7pm. All the streets in Alice were flooded.

Bullaholic
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
You had me really thinking there for a min or 2, luvhoops....I wondered---What sport could Alice HS possibly be playing at this time of year? Hope the rain helps, and Alice never gets "hammered" in a game.

Bull Butter
07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Main St. in Alice is very flood-prone, especially by HEB. Where do you live that you were making a grocery run to Alice? Hopefully you weren't driving all the way from Poth to Alice to buy groceries!:eek:

luvhoops34
07-26-2006, 07:27 PM
We're working between George West and Alice. And I'll take shopping at an HEB over a Super S any day. If any of you south texasites are familiar with the area, we're on the old Annarose road west of hwy 281.

Maroon87
07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
We're working between George West and Alice. And I'll take shopping at an HEB over a Super S any day. If any of you south texasites are familiar with the area, we're on the old Annarose road west of hwy 281.

My HS girlfriend's family hunting lease was down that road. Spent a couple of weekends there. In fact I think she lives there now....with her husband and 3 kids.:doh:

One of my best friends in HS also had a lease off 281 but it was farther north about 5 miles before you get to GW.

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
k after just having clicked on my spam'd e-mails...the title of this thread REALLY threw me off! :rolleyes: