PDA

View Full Version : Poster of the Year

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 05:49 PM
The most coveted Lowie, the Poster of the Year, like the Thread of the Year, will be open to voting for two (2) days. Now for the contestants...

Adidas410s- The favorite going into the contest, this guy has brought more posts to the board in the past year than anyone else. Went from 47 posts to 3,126,874 in about three months. Posts a daily poll, has a great sense of humor, and gets along with pretty much everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pirate44- When this guy is on, he lights up the board like Adidas. Problem is, he was AWOL for a couple of months.

Working for a living sucks, doesn't it?

Made the list for "Most Humorous Poster," and (I think) was voted the "Man's Man of the DL." Has a lot of the same character traits as Adidas. Easy to get along with, great sense of humor, yada, yada, yada.

Gobbla2k1- Gobbla's the black sheep of this group. His posting is slow and steady, but he's like your grandpa. When he's got something to say, you listen.

Brings as much insight as any of the Most Informative Posters, is among the funniest guys on the site, and FOUNDED THE WEBSITE YOU'RE POSTING ON RIGHT NOW.

Other nominees included Ranger Mom and Sinton Fan. Again, you have until Friday a little before 6 PM to vote.

Keith7
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
i'm writing in Keith7

pirate44
07-27-2006, 06:05 AM
i waited till this morning to comment on this, because last night i really didnt know what to think. The voting is turning out like i hoped though. Like Russ said, i was gone totally for a few months at the beginning of the year and between last may and december, i was starting a new job and drastically cut down my time here. for that very reason, i didnt think i deserved to be nominated. There are quite a few who belong here more than me. Gobbla should be nominated for "poster of the half-decade" if there was a category. His humor, wit, & knowledge and his contribution to the downlow has been unmatched. Adidas has been phenonmenal in his posting proficiency this past year. He too is extremely funny and informed. He is the only member i would log on just to read his post padding. extremely funny stuff. some days he single handedly keeps the board "alive". Its a tough vote between the two, but my vote went to Adidas. as for me, i will continue to try to make people smile with my hit / miss jokes and sigs, but as for Poster of the Year, im sure plenty of more deserving people belong in this poll before me. but thanks to the people who nominated me. :)

MHSvarsity2007
07-27-2006, 07:06 AM
adidas - simply because of his daily polls that are usually pointless :)

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
adidas - simply because of his daily polls that are usually pointless :)

hey now...they are asking relevant, sports-related questions...most of the time! ;)

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 09:08 AM
and thanks to FoFo for your kind words. Personally, he's always been the poster that I have respected the most on this board. When I was somewhat of a "lurker" (hard to believe that right?)...he would reply to my posts and even helped me put together my sig last year. Once I got that, I didn't feel like so much of an outsider when it came to posting...and now look where I am today!

And for all of your hard work (especially on sigs)...FoFo...this one's for you!

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/References/WtTF/images/Bud.jpg

pirate44
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and thanks to FoFo for your kind words. Personally, he's always been the poster that I have respected the most on this board. When I was somewhat of a "lurker" (hard to believe that right?)...he would reply to my posts and even helped me put together my sig last year. Once I got that, I didn't feel like so much of an outsider when it came to posting...and now look where I am today!

And for all of your hard work (especially on sigs)...FoFo...this one's for you!

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/References/WtTF/images/Bud.jpg
thanks Adidas

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 12:31 PM
i voted for the 44

Gobbla2001
07-27-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm a homer, vote for me...

And thanks 44, big ditto...

injuredinmelee
07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
getting heated

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
getting heated

those dang Sinton homer votes!!!!:mad:

;)

AggieJohn
07-27-2006, 03:07 PM
i don't think they are all homer votes for 44, because i voted for 44

Adidas410s
07-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i don't think they are all homer votes for 44, because i voted for 44

I did too...it's just fun to pick on Sinton.

SintonFan
07-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I haven't voted yet.:p

SPF25
07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
WAY TO GO P44!:clap:

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
WAY TO GO P44!:clap: obvious bias

Adidas410s
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
WAY TO GO P44!:clap:

geez...I need a wifey for an extra vote!!! :thumbsup:

Phantom Stang
07-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Gobbla deserves his rightful place in the HOF.;)
Having said that, my vote for Poster Of The Year, goes to P44 with no reservation!!:clap: :clap:

pirate44
07-28-2006, 02:59 PM
thanks everyone. im flattered by the support. but the thing aint over yet and it wouldnt suprise me for all the hold outs to give adidas or gobbla a boost

SPF25
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
obvious bias
hey aj your married now why dont you get the wife on here?

SPF25
07-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
geez...I need a wifey for an extra vote!!! :thumbsup:
hey you know im not wrong voting for my hubby just check the numbers.:D

Adidas410s
07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
hey you know im not wrong voting for my hubby just check the numbers.:D
well...he DID vote for me after all! :thumbsup:

But I did vote for him though.

Ranger Mom