PDA

View Full Version : 17-AAA Predictions

AAAfan
10-15-2002, 11:32 AM
How do you think this clogged up district will fair this week?

China Spring @ Waco La Vega
Gatesville @ Waco Robinson
Hillsboro @ West
Waco Connally @ Whitney

I personally think that China Spring will be heavily tested by La Vega. However, I think China Spring bounces back from the Gatesville loss with a victory. China Spring 24 La Vega 21.

Gatesville will have to travel to Robinson and attempt to win their first district road game. I think Gatesville pulls away in the fourth quarter. Gatesville 28 Robinson 17.

Hillsboro will also have to prove that they can win on the road. Hillsboro has beaten both Gatesville and Robinson, but has come up short on the road to China Spring. West is hitting the toughest part of their schedule and it will be interesting to see how they respond. There will be a lot of excitement in the air as these two rivals resume their rivalry after a 2 year break. Hillsboro 33 West 17.

Connally will get its second win of the season and first district win against Whitney. Whitney just can't find the right catalyst to turn their program around. I don't expect the Wildcats to quit, but I think that Connally rolls. Connally 42 Whitney 3.

<small>[ October 15, 2002, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: AAAfan ]</small>

Matthew328
10-15-2002, 02:23 PM
I think China also gets tested by LaVega...this one is a toss-up...I'll go with China though...

I think they honeymoon is over for Robinson...I am picking Gatesville...the loser of this one will have a tough time climbing back into the playoff chase...

Hillsboro over West...West hasn't beaten anyone of note this year...and Hillsboro could be picking it up..

Connally over Whitney..Connally may be the best 1-5 team in the state..

WreckinCrew
10-15-2002, 03:48 PM
I think Gatesville will beat robinson by 2 or 3 touchdowns, they have a talented running back who can gain yards against anyone. He even pulled off a good run against Cuero.
Gatesville 35
Robinson 7

rrfann
10-15-2002, 09:08 PM
Last week i said that hillsboro and gatesville had to win to go to the playoffs, and they won. This week robinson and china spring have to win to keep there playoff hopes alive. My predictions: Gatesville 28 Robinson 24 this game could go the other way if robinson plays some defense. La Vega 21 China Spring 20, La Vega will have the inside track to the playoffs. Hillsboro 35 West 20, west schedule too tough the rest of the season.

dab
10-16-2002, 08:30 AM
I have seen the LaVega linebackers clog up the run pretty good. They will most likely be tested in the air against China Spring. I think China wins a down-to-the-wire contest, 28-24.

I think Hillsboro will roll against West. It would be nice to see West get a win and really mix up the district, but the Massey brothers are too tough. I like Hillsboro 35-14.

Connally will whip Whitney. Whitney has only scored 21 points all season long. I'll take Connally 42-7.

The biggest game in my opinion is Gatesville at Robinson. The winner could have the fast track to a playoff spot. Robinson's loss to Hillsboro last week put them in a tough position after starting 5-0. The Rockets have yet to beat any of the top teams in the district. The Gatesville running-game is just tooo tough. I'll take Gatesville, 28-14.

KICKSTAND!
10-16-2002, 10:22 AM
I BELIEVE THAT YOU GUYS SEEM TO HAVE A PRETTY GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF 17-3A. BUT I DO BELIEVE THE PLAYOFF PICTURE WILL BE MUDDLED UNTIL WEEK 9 OR 10. THERE WILL BE MANY SUPRISES. NO TEAM IN THE DISTRICT IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE ANYONE ELSE.

THE BEST TEAM I BELIEVE MIGHT BE CHINA SPRING. WEST IS BETTER THAN PEOPLE THINK, HILLSBORO HAS PROBLEM DUE TO LACK OF DEF. AND A POOR OLINE. ROBINSON IS WAY OVERATED!!! GATESVILLE IS GOOD BUT NOT AWESOME. LA VEGA NEEDS TO BE MORE CONSISTENT OFFENSIVELY... DEF IS PRETTY GOOD. CONNALLY AND WHITNEY ARE OUT OF THE RACE.

BUT I BELIEVE THERE WILL BE UPSETS EVERY WEEK.

AAAfan
10-17-2002, 08:41 AM
Kickstand, I have to disagree with you on the fact that China is the best team in the district. After watching China, Gatesville, Robinson, and Hillsboro play, I would have to say the best team is Gatesville, Hillsboro, China, then Robinson. Granted I have not seen La Vega or West play so this is how I would rank the teams I have seen.

I don't think China is better than Hillsboro even though China did win. I think if the game is played 10 times, Hillsboro wins 7 of them. Same goes for Gatesville and Hillsboro even though Hillsboro beat Gatesville. The team that scares me the most right now is La Vega. They are prime to upset anyone in the district. La Vega has a history of playing up and then down. I am sure there will be some suprises late in the season that include La Vega on the winning end.

I don't want to knock China in anyway because they are a good disciplined football team. However, I do think that you have underated Hillboro's O-line, but you are right about their defense