PDA

View Full Version : My Region I Playoff Predictions...

Matthew328
07-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Here is how I think things will shake down come playoff time in region I according to my district picks...

Division I
Bi-District
Borger vs Brownfield: Borger
Snyder vs Monahans: Snyder
Graham vs Abilene Wylie: Graham (finally)
Lake Dallas vs Everman: Everman

Regional Semis
Borger vs Snyder: Snyder
Graham vs Everman: Everman

Regional Final
Snyder vs Everman: Everman

Division II
Bi-District
Canyon vs Lubbock Cooper: Canyon
Sweetwater vs Kermit: Sweetwater
Vernon vs Clyde: Vernon
Decatur vs Glen Rose: Decatur
Perryton vs Muleshoe: Muleshoe
Lamesa vs Midland Greenwood: Midland Greenwood
Breckenridge vs Ballinger: Ballinger
Kennedale vs Sanger: Kennedale

Area
Canyon vs Sweetwater: Canyon
Vernon vs Decatur: Decatur
Muleshoe vs Midland Greenwood: Midland Greenwood
Ballinger vs Kennedale: Kennedale

Regional Semi-Finals
Canyon vs Decatur: Canyon
Midland Greenwood vs Kennedale: Midland Greenwood

Regional Final
Canyon vs Midland Greenwood: Midland Greenwood

Div I Region I Champ: Everman
Div II Region I Champ: Midland Greenwood

vet93
07-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Matt...don't really have much I can say against your pics...they look pretty good. I may have picked a few different teams here and there but I can understand your justification for making the selections that you chose. We are going to have to bring up these predictions at the end of the year so that we can all give ourselves a report card!

BigW
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM
I like most of your picks.
I think your "finally" will still not happen.
Wylie does not list many returning starters but,
has more players coming back that actually had more playing time than the "starters". They will be better than last years team and will beat Graham once again.
Also, Ballinger will be very good if they stay healthy. They should beat Kennedale.

VWG
07-03-2003, 12:45 PM
I will hold you to the fire on this one Matthew, if Iowa Park misses the playoffs out of Dist. 5-3A then I will eat bird crap off a truck windshield. Breckenridge should be improved but you're goin' way out on a limb picking them to make the playoffs over the Hawks.
Kennedale could be an early exit in the playoffs, as they lost a core group of players, including Landon Johnson. If Ballinger comes in healthy I like Ballinger to win.
Graham will be strong on defense with a good pair of fast and strong linebackers returning. Although they have 7 offensive starters returning and only 4 on the defensive side, I would still look for Graham's defense to be their strength.
Graham vs. Abilene Wylie in pre-season will be a great preview to Round I of the playoffs.
I never, never count out any team coached by Sandifer. He is a great coach and with their program it should be a good battle.
Anybody notice that Graham's head coach is 45th on the state's all time victories list? Must not be counting the playoff's.. LOL

Matthew328
07-03-2003, 07:35 PM
I really stuck my neck out on a couple.....I think the tables could turn on Ballinger..plus if they play Kennedale this year it'll be somewhere in the Metroplex from what I heard and Kennedale will play em on turf for sure to take advantage of their speed....not field turf either...I'm talking artifical stuff...Pennington Field more than likely.....this year Ballinger will likely be favored against Kennedale and I think KHS may sneak up on em...as for IP and Breck..I know it isn't too logical..but I just have a hunch..LOL