PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy's New Stadium

Old Tiger
07-26-2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=A81ADBD8-010B-F236-8D2B391438F45A94

3afan
07-26-2006, 05:29 AM
ticket, concecession, parking prices are gonna be scary !!!

pirate44
07-26-2006, 05:44 AM
thats gonna be a monster

Gp83
07-26-2006, 06:21 AM
50 feet below ground level:eek:

CalallenWildcat
07-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Might it be a host stadium for World Cup 2010? We shall see we shall see, but FIFA has already stated their contengency is the USA and South Africa so far has met ZERO - count them - ZERO deadlines.

As far as NFL games there, gonna be expensive. As far as Texas vs. OU, they better stay at the Cotton Bowl. The reason that game is special is because of the state fair, and that's an atmosphere you can't capture in Arlington.

Adidas410s
07-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones said last week he's been satisfied with the stadium's progress.

"I'm real pleased we're having the weather that we're having," Jones said. "I'm excited about that project."

Maybe Jerry should go ask the guys moving the dirt how pleased they have been with the weather we're having! :thumbsup:

DU_stud04
07-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Might it be a host stadium for World Cup 2010? We shall see we shall see, but FIFA has already stated their contengency is the USA and South Africa so far has met ZERO - count them - ZERO deadlines.

As far as NFL games there, gonna be expensive. As far as Texas vs. OU, they better stay at the Cotton Bowl. The reason that game is special is because of the state fair, and that's an atmosphere you can't capture in Arlington.

world cup is in south africa in 2010...

and i agree, dallas is so much better for the red river shootout. i go every year and its intense, from the rally at west end then night before to the game and afterwards, then the fair.

cant wait too see it though, traffic is gonna be crazy come game time, its already busy as hell when there is a rangers game.

go cowboys

and as for the world cup coming to usa, i wouldnt do it, we cant get crunk enough for the cup, leave it in euope haha

DU_stud04
07-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Maybe Jerry should go ask the guys moving the dirt how pleased they have been with the weather we're having! :thumbsup:

i guess he is excited that it hasnt rains in forever so they havent had much of a delay.....what would suck is if it just down poured for a good 2 days and the 50 foot deep hole turned into the biggest swimming pool we've ever seen. :D

CalallenWildcat
07-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
world cup is in south africa in 2010...

and as for the world cup coming to usa, i wouldnt do it, we cant get crunk enough for the cup, leave it in euope haha

USA has been #1 contengency already been named by FIFA, who normally doesn't even name contengencies (read: they don't like the progress being made by South Africa). SA has to build stadiums, infrastructure, and get security in place, and they lack the funds to do that.

As for the USA not getting crunk enough for the cup, the USA World Cup 1994 still has the attendance record for all World Cups, even though they played with a field of 16 then unlike the 32 now.

cant wait too see it though, traffic is gonna be crazy come game time, its already busy as hell when there is a rangers game.

Traffic scares me too. The key to getting out of Arlington after a Rangers game is: stay on the city streets all the way down to Pioneer Parkway, take Pioneer Parkway to Green Oaks, and Green Oaks to I-20. Something tells me even that roundabout way will be busy when Dallas Cowboys Park is built

DU_stud04
07-26-2006, 09:05 AM

Traffic scares me too. The key to getting out of Arlington after a Rangers game is: stay on the city streets all the way down to Pioneer Parkway, take Pioneer Parkway to Green Oaks, and Green Oaks to I-20. Something tells me even that roundabout way will be busy when Dallas Cowboys Park is built

good plan, bad thing thought, i live kinda close to the rangers stadium,(maybe 5 minutes with some traffic?) and all those streets flood with cars before you know it. when there is a game, i try to stay clear away from collins and beyond.

Adidas410s
07-26-2006, 09:07 AM

I can't wait to see the traffic tonight when I'm leaving the ballpark. It's bad enough when I go for a regular week night game with 25-30k people. The last two nights have been between 40 and 45k people...so that should make the drive back to Dallas REALLY enjoyable. Hmm...stupid season parking passes are right up front too. It's a short walk to the car...but you're the last ones getting out of the stadium too! :(

CalallenWildcat
07-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
good plan, bad thing thought, i live kinda close to the rangers stadium,(maybe 5 minutes with some traffic?) and all those streets flood with cars before you know it. when there is a game, i try to stay clear away from collins and beyond.

Worked for me every time I've tried it...maybe I get lucky.

I can't wait to see the traffic tonight when I'm leaving the ballpark. It's bad enough when I go for a regular week night game with 25-30k people. The last two nights have been between 40 and 45k people...so that should make the drive back to Dallas REALLY enjoyable. Hmm...stupid season parking passes are right up front too. It's a short walk to the car...but you're the last ones getting out of the stadium too!

Do as they do in Los Angeles, leave in the 8th inning! :D If it's a blowout, I'd consider it.

Old Tiger
07-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder if it will be a grass field like the Texans or will they continue using the Field Turf?

Also they could host a major bowl game. The BCS has 5 games they could make this a permanent site for the 5th bowl game since the stadium capacity is expected to be from 90,000-100,000. Could boost a revenue from that also.

GreenMonster
07-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I wonder if it will be a grass field like the Texans or will they continue using the Field Turf?

I thought I read somewhere that GRASS was one of the things Jerry was insisting upon. In all actuality, field turf makes more sense IMO.