Seriously I can't use Manck's idea:

Dear boss,

I quit.

In two weeks.

Bye,
Your EX-bitch

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I think you should try to be polite about it, because you never know when you might need a job from that employer in the future if something happens.

3afan
07-25-2006, 08:50 PM
yep - never burn bridges .........

Manck
07-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Man...I thought it was a good letter.

But seriously, don't make it long. Short and sweet. And be clear that it's you, not them.

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
well they won't let her get references for the future from her supervisor right now while she is actually working for the company because of company policy but our thought is that we might need it for the future, so she wants to end on a positive note.

This is what i got......

To whom it may concern:

As you know, I have been attending classes to get my alternative certification in teaching the past 7 months. I recently interviewed for a job in Corpus Christi ISD and got recomended for the position of a 6th grade teacher. I have enjoyed my time here at ______ and feel it has made me a quality employee. I hereby, with heavy heart, submit that my last day will be August 1st, 2006. Thanks for such a wonderful opportunity.

Regards,
mrs. aggiejohn

bobcat1
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I always thought a good squat on the boss' desk, finish your business, and then put a business card in it worked well. :p

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I always thought a good squat on the boss' desk, finish your business, and then put a businees card in it worked well. :p and we wonder why texas unemployment rates are up

bobcat1
07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Never leave one until you have a new one!

Gobbla2001
07-25-2006, 09:01 PM
To whom it may concern,

I have this really bad rash on my behind and it will take seven years of treatment. I am sorry for being such a red-ass, but I gots to get to the doctor. I will not be able to work any longer with this condition due to the heavy medication I will be taking. But to show my dedication to this job, I will hold out for two more weeks. Because I am a hard worker. And if I get the axe somewhere down the line I may need y'all again.

Regards,
AJ's wife...

P.S. I would ask you to kiss my ass, but would understand you not doing so as the rash may spread to your lips.

stangGirl2007
07-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
To whom it may concern,

I have this really bad rash on my behind and it will take seven years of treatment. I am sorry for being such a red-ass, but I gots to get to the doctor. I will not be able to work any longer with this condition due to the heavy medication I will be taking. But to show my dedication to this job, I will hold out for two more weeks. Because I am a hard worker. And if I get the axe somewhere down the line I may need y'all again.

Regards,
AJ's wife...

P.S. I would ask you to kiss my ass, but would understand you not doing so as the rash may spread to your lips.

haha this one is nice!;)

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
To whom it may concern,

Regards,
AJ's wife...

I'm printing this as an option when she gets home to look at along with manck's option

sinton66
07-25-2006, 09:04 PM
How long do your jobs last Gobbla?:D

Gobbla2001
07-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

5 months...... then a year and a half (almost), and then this one is two and a half years... :D

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 09:05 PM
How long do your jobs last Gobbla?:D exactly......

stangGirl2007
07-25-2006, 09:06 PM

haha.. with a rash like that.. probally not TOO long!:p

injuredinmelee
07-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
yep - never burn bridges .........

DITTO I learned this one the hard way too.

pirate44
07-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

To whom it may concern:

As you know, I have been attending classes to get my alternative certification in teaching the past 7 months. I recently interviewed for a job in Corpus Christi ISD and got recomended for the position of a 6th grade teacher. I have enjoyed my time here at ______ and feel it has made me a quality employee. I hereby, with heavy heart, submit that my last day will be August 1st, 2006. Thanks for such a wonderful opportunity.

Regards,
mrs. aggiejohn

ditch the word "got" and replace with "was". then get rid of the "heavy heart" stuff. i hate mushy resignation letters:D

spiveyrat
07-26-2006, 06:58 AM
"two weeks letter thing"??? :confused: