PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember 8 man football?

STANG RED
07-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Anybody remember 8 man football? I dont know how long it was around, but I remember us having to remark the feild (same as 6 man, I think), and set new goal posts at the Mustang Bowl when we were in offseason, for the 8 man state championship game. This would have been back in 75 and 76 I think. Seems like it wasnt around for long after that. They may have done away with it, when they did away with B schools. Seems like DeLeon and Seagraves were 8 man schools. Anybody remember any others?

Ranger Mom
07-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't remember 8 man football, but I remember when I was in 7th grade, we played half court basketball!!

Emerson1
07-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Thats' what my mom played, you have defensive players and offensive players, one on each side of the court. That would be my kind of game, no running up and down the court.

STANG RED
07-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't remember 8 man football, but I remember when I was in 7th grade, we played half court basketball!!

OK Ranger Mom! I dont ever want to hear you complain about Sweetwater/Snyder/Wylie, hijacking a thread. Your just as bad. :p :devil:

3afan
07-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Kansas still plays 8 man - probably some other states do too

http://www.usd269.k12.ks.us/phshtm/KEMFA.htm

Ranger Mom
07-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
OK Ranger Mom! I dont ever want to hear you complain about Sweetwater/Snyder/Wylie, hijacking a thread. Your just as bad. :p :devil:

Now you know that I have never complained about that!!

I DID say I didn't remember 8 man football, so it's not like I just completely changed the subject!!!

WHY IS EVERYONE PICKING ON ME??:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

stangGirl2007
07-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Now you know that I have never complained about that!!

I DID say I didn't remember 8 man football, so it's not like I just completely changed the subject!!!

WHY IS EVERYONE PICKING ON ME??:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Hey.. I haven't picked on you very much today! I must be doing good!:D

wildstangs
07-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Goree and Leakey...A couple of dominant 8 man teams while it lasted.

hawkfan
07-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Oklahoma stills has 8 man football. Offense you have a center, two guards, two ends, a QB, a FB, and a HB. The ends can be split or tight and the backs can be moved out wide too. On Defense you have a Nose, two DE, two LB, two CB, and a FS.