PDA

View Full Version : Rumor I heard about the downlow

eagles_victory
07-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Now Im not sure how much truth there is to this but my sources tell me Matthew McConaughey as posted here before as 15portsfan as you can see he wasnt that active but has a few post.

Maroon87
07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
It was probably on a "Dazed and Confused" related thread...:cool:

44INAROW
07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
He can hijack my thread anyday :D

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
He can hijack my thread anyday :D :clap: ROFL! Gotta love Wooderson!! :D

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 01:42 PM
some of his posts

Originally posted by 15portsfan
What your saying makes sense but it appears to me that you believe that the way it was is ok putting a couple of big schools in a district and all but giving them a spot in the playoffs because the rest of the district are weaker or smaller schools.Jasper,Silsbee- Barbers Hill,Huffman- WOS,Bridge City-These teams have had cake walks to the playoffs every year because they were in weaker districts with smaller schools, now they get the oppurtunity to play teams of equal talent for the right to go to the playoffs.As for my suggestions on how to fix the problem- I think there should be a 6a or even a 7a if needed to bring the numbers closer together and eliminate 500 count schools from playing 900 count schools,any way you look at it,that school is almost twice as big and it is the same if not worse as you look at the 4a and 5a schools.There is no need for this size difference other than the UIL not wanting to make a 6a or 7a.Other states have it and it appears to work there.

Yes I agree that geography plays a role in the decision thats why the UIL had Coldspring driving 2 hours to Kirbyville and vice versa seems the way they have it now would have worked 2 years ago.And money does play a part, the bigger the school in the playoffs the more fans, the more fans the more money, the more money the more for the UIL since they get a cut. I hope you are not one that also believes that politicians live by the rules they stuff down our throats every day.

I am glad to see the UIL finally put some of the big 3a teams in the same district. Now it will be interesting to see these teams have to play tough games every friday night with the possibility of not making the playoffs looking them right in the eye. The UIL has always made sure that every district has had 2 to 3 teams guarenteed the playoffs due to weaker teams in the district that really had no chance of competing unless by chance a miracle happened or an injury that caused the better team to lose. Now I know that you all are going to say that the weaker teams that make the playoffs now will exit early and didnt deserve to be there but as you also always post,at least these teams made the playoffs and as some of you believe, thats all that really matters because in this day of high school football, thats the standard by which schools are rated as a good or bad team. It must be tough to be a heavyweight in a heavyweight division instead of a middleweight division. Well now you all can learn first hand what the smaller 3a schools already know, its a ***** to have to play a playoff caliber team every friday night thru out district play.I for one am going to enjoy the whining and crying that is fixing to take place when one of the teams that always makes the playoffs gets the privilage of having thier butts handed to them on a silver plate and watch the playoffs from the stands. As for the smaller teams that now stand a chance to make the playoffs, JUSTICE is sweet and enjoy cause it wont last long when the powers to be start the politics and money comes into play, the UIL will change it back.

watch the language...lhpm

To all that want to succeed in sports,read the first word. The Astros are where they are because of it. To win you must have everyone pulling for the same goal, the Astros have that, everyone wants a chance to play in the World Series. Last year it became obvious that Kent and Beltran wanted the money,they now have enough to buy some nice and expensive couches to watch the series in. The Astros did a great job of keeping the winners and losing the losers, Jeff Kent isnt half the ball player Craig Biggio is and Carlos Beltran cant hold a candle to the consistancy of Lance Berkman. The Mets payed 120 million for 8 post season home runs, problem is, they aint playing in the post season and just look what Berkman did for the Astros in the 2 series so for. Aaron Tippon once sang , You got to stand for something or youll fall for anything, well in my opinion, the Mets and Dodgers fell for ( show me the money ) and the Astros fell for 25 guys that formed argueably one of the greatest Astros TEAMS ever,at least one that has taken us fans to the promise land and for that we say HELL YEA WAY TO GO ASTROS.

We could have beaten Silsbee if they hadnt scored as much-- We could have beated Silsbee if we had of scored more-- We could have beaten Silsbee if there were 5 quarters-- We could have beaten Silsbee if they had not played and forfeited game-- We could have beaten Silsbee had we played their J.V. team-- We could have beaten Silsbee had we tackled their kickoff return man-- We could have beaten Silsbee had we not thrown interceptions-- Etc. Bottom line, you lost and will lose about 3 more 4-6 here Shepherd comes Best team in years yea right

The only difference is Jasper,Silsbee,Kirbyville and Coldspring are playing tough teams while Shepherd and Buna are playing weaker schools.Shepherds only tough team faced was last night and they lost.Buna has lost to several 2a ballclubs,kinda lets you know who will be sucking hind tit in this district.My prediction is Jasper-Kirbyville-Silsbee-Coldspring-Shepherd-Buna or possibly Buna- Shepherd,they do play in Buna.At any rate the upper 3 will be ok come district play and Coldspring appears to be an improved ballclub and stays in 4th place.

someone forgot to tell cleveland how tough that offense is,they held them to 6 points.better go back to playing kountze or hardin and get the stats back up.and by the way,no. 11 threw 2 interceptions( last one ended the game ) and fumbled once,guess them 3a defenses are a little tougher and faster.

Same as last year only defense is not as good at stopping the run.Defense handed offense the ball 5 times on fumble recoveries,once in red zone,and offense got nothing.Offensive line is poor, receivers cant catch,quarterback cant pass and running game is weak. QB had 2 int. and a fumble and Coach says this is the best team he has coached in Shepherd,guess somebody else coached last years team.Def. and Off. both are dying for someone to step up but no takers.Unless this team improves by 50%,2-8 looks possible.

Dont worry about these two ,both will be playing in the final game of 3a football this year. As I recall, Jasper lost games last year and didnt even win their district then went on one serious butt whoopin binge. I think Jasper with Moya at QB wins the state championship.

I believe this will be Shepherds first test. Can Shepherd score and can the defense stop the pass, accomplish these two task and it could be another blowout, fail and Shepherd might get handed their first loss of the year.Personally, I think Shepherd wins a close one.

Dont forget in Kountze that the Shepherd defense had an interception for a touchdown and an interception return to the 1 yard line, so give 2 scores to the defense.Shepherd will again be competetive but the test at how competetive will come the next 3 weeks when the Pirates travel to Cleveland who are a much improved team and to Woodville who will be very tough at home then finish non-district play at home against Splendora who just beat a very good Diboll team. As for Silsbee and their 0-2 start,I would hardly compare Kountze and Hardin to Liberty and Livingston, Silsbee will be a force in District play and anyone who dont believe that will most likely end up on the wrong end of a butt whooping from Silsbee.

Adidas410s
07-25-2006, 01:42 PM
k AJ did that the long way...I did it the short way!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=64993

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
the results are the same = :nerd: :nerd:

:D :D :D

pirate44
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: ROFL! Gotta love Wooderson!! :D
maybe its time to revive the old sig. think he'll be flattered?

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Not sure why he would post on a 3A board and make comments like he followed a cetrain 3A town..he is from Longview and still supports the Lobos...that is when he is not L I V I N

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
maybe its time to revive the old sig. think he'll be flattered? :thinking: Not a bad idea

eagles_victory
07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not sure why he would post on a 3A board and make comments like he followed a cetrain 3A town..he is from Longview and still supports the Lobos...that is when he is not L I V I N I think he had some nephews that played down in that area and he started following there games.

Ranger Mom
07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not sure why he would post on a 3A board and make comments like he followed a cetrain 3A town..he is from Longview and still supports the Lobos...that is when he is not L I V I N

Can't we dream?? Don't ruin our fantasy!!

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Can't we dream?? Don't ruin our fantasy!!

LOL..sorry..i have met him 3 times, and yes he is as cool as he seems, and as crazy.

Sweetwater Red
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
I remember a short interview of him by ABC before the start of
the second half of the Rose Bowl (Michigan vs. Texas). It went
something like this.

Man you know we gotta find a way to stop that dang ol' #1
(Braylon Edwards) man, We gotta finda a way man. We need to
play nickel coverage man. We get him covered we got this dang
ol' game one man.

For those that don't remember VY and Edwards traded TD's the
whole game and Dusty Mangum nailed a FG as time expired for
the UT win. :(

Maroon87
07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Party at the Moon Tower!:clap:

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 02:09 PM
wonder if he was bangin bongos loud while posting

Manck
07-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Former Longview Lobo great.

Well, not on the field, but he's from Longview.

LH Panther Mom
07-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
wonder if he was bangin bongos loud while posting
:clap: :clap:

pirate44
07-25-2006, 02:42 PM
we need to hit him up for a meet n greet and get him to sign pirate4state's t-shirt