PDA

View Full Version : Choices, choices...oh, the pain...

garageoffice
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
OK, I know some of you must also struggle with this. Maybe I've just been in denial of the fact that this day would eventually come. :doh:

I love football! Obviously, right? My oldest kid is a girl and she's very athletic. She'll be a freshman this year, which means she'll be playing volleyball on Friday nights! I also love to watch her play. Unfortunately, that means I'll miss a bunch of football games this year. :(

The good news is that the games are early enough that I won't have to miss all of the football games and when district gets here they actually play the same opponent on Fridays.

I'm really looking forward to watching my daughter play, but I'm also gonna be a little sad to miss those other football games.

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Tough situation. Those early tournaments are the most fun!!! :) Good Luck to your daughter!!

Phil C
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Have you checked the schedules of football games against the volleyball games? It could be the conflicts are minor. I know around here they usually have Friday volleyball tournament games scheduled to where they end early enough to make games but I don't know if the West Texas Distance between cities makes it difficult. You need to double check this with the volleyball coach.

I like volleyball.

CalallenWildcat
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Situation resolved: Go watch your daughter play. Have someone video the football games for you.

Sweetwater Red
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Situation resolved: Go watch your daughter play. Have someone video the football games for you.

No! video the volleyball matches that way you and your
daughter can re-live those moments together. Go watch the
football games...:D.

BMOC
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
No! video the volleyball matches that way you and your
daughter can re-live those moments together. Go watch the
football games...:D.

GREAT IDEA :D :D

I don't know how it works over there, but they usually schedule the events so that both teams will be supported. Being that she is a freshman, those vb games are probably right after school. anyways.......good luck.

garageoffice
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I love volleyball, too, Phil. I've already compared the schedules and it could be worse. It looks like I'll probably miss about half of the football games completely (example: vball @ Brock, 50m west - fball @ Crandall, 45m east).

I'll survive...I'm just moanin' and groanin' about it. :D

Red, you're the one that's gonna get me in trouble - LOL. I don't think I could sell that one to my wife even if I wanted to try.

On the other hand, it should be a really fun season...lot's of games to watch. When it's all over I'll probably miss the hectic pace of it all.

3afan
07-25-2006, 12:22 PM
family first ...

Old Dog
07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
If you don't go to your girls VB games, years from now you still will be kidking yourself and it would probably wouldn't set real well with her either.

KTJ
07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
It's pronounced "Kennah-dale", right?

I always thought it was funny how the announcer at the Regional Track Meet (3A Region II at A&M Commerce) would always pronounce it as "Kennie-dale"

Something small...but it always made me chuckle.

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 03:40 PM
may you get too see a couple games

luvhoops34
07-25-2006, 04:18 PM
This ones a no brainer. Go watch your daughter play volleyball and catch the football games when you can. Trust me, there is absolutely nothing more exciting than watching your own flesh and blood play any kind of sport. If you're like most parents, you'll really get into it and forget all about missing a few football games. I know I did.:)

garageoffice
07-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's pronounced "Kennah-dale", right?

I always thought it was funny how the announcer at the Regional Track Meet (3A Region II at A&M Commerce) would always pronounce it as "Kennie-dale"

Something small...but it always made me chuckle.

Yeah KTJ, I hear that around sometimes. It is kinda funny.

garageoffice
07-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
This ones a no brainer. Go watch your daughter play volleyball and catch the football games when you can. Trust me, there is absolutely nothing more exciting than watching your own flesh and blood play any kind of sport. If you're like most parents, you'll really get into it and forget all about missing a few football games. I know I did.:)

Oh, I agree it's a no brainer! Trust me, I love to watch my daughter play. It's just kinda sad that choices have to be made. I grew up in a 1A district and there was never a conflict. Of course, there wasn't much going on, either. :D

I'll probably wind up making pacts with friends to give me score updates on those occasions that I can't make the football game.

injuredinmelee
07-25-2006, 10:10 PM
tell her you are goign to go to the football games so youy can tell her how the team did since you know she wants to know and you didnt want her to hear it from someone else.

garageoffice
07-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
tell her you are goign to go to the football games so youy can tell her how the team did since you know she wants to know and you didnt want her to hear it from someone else.

Now that's some twisted thinking melee. I like it! I bet I could almost get her to go for it, too.

Seriously speaking, I really want to watch her play. She and I may be making some mad dashes after her games to get to some of the football games, though, because she really enjoys them, also.

injuredinmelee
07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
spend every second you can with her and enjoy her games. I have never watched a voleyball match live. My gf was a college VB player so Im starting to learn a little about it and we actually watched it on CSTV last week.