PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A "Fowl Poles" to make debut at Minute Maid Park

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 08:42 AM
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros and Chick-fil-A today announced a sponsorship agreement through 2008 that will bring the restaurant chain's popular "Eat Mor ChikinŽ" Cows to Minute Maid Park.

The Chick-fil-A "Fowl Poles" will make their debut on Tuesday, July 25, for the start of the next homestand when the Astros face the Cincinnati Reds in a 7:05 p.m. game. The yellow right field and left field poles at the ballpark will each feature three renegade Cows wearing Astros hats. The baseball-themed Cows will be hanging off both poles in fair territory and carrying their message of "Eat Mor Fowl."

The Chick-fil-A signage will also serve as a target for Astro players. When an Astro hits a ball that touches any portion of the poles, including the Cows, Chick-fil-A will award free chicken sandwiches to all fans in attendance for that game. Fans can redeem their game tickets the following business day at all 37 greater Houston-area Chick-fil-A locations. To kick off the "Fowl Pole" sponsorship, Chick-fil-A will award the first 30,000 fans in attendance at the game on July 25 a free chicken sandwich certificate.

As part of the agreement, Chick-fil-A will also sponsor various ballpark promotions and events, including this year's Boy Scout and Girl Scout parades and Kids Run the Bases on July 30.

"The Astros are excited about this new partnership," said Astros President of Business Operations Pam Gardner. "Activation is so integral in a sports sponsorship, and this is a unique and successful way to brand Chick-fil-A at Minute Maid Park."

"The greater Houston-area Chick-fil-A Operators are excited to partner with such an outstanding organization as the Astros," said Bryan Bullington, Owner/Operator of Chick-fil-A Pearland. "The Cows on the 'Fowl Poles' are just waiting to give away free chicken sandwiches to Astros fans. We hope that there are several players who will hit the signs this season."

The Chick-fil-A Cows are part of the chain's award-winning "Eat Mor ChickinŽ" campaign which began in 1995. The renegade Cows have entertained customers with their antics and become national brand identities. More information about the greater Houston-area Chick-fil-A restaurants is available at www.CFAHouston.com.

Tickets to all Astros games are available online at astros.com or in person at the Minute Maid Park Box Office along Texas Ave. Tickets can also be purchased via telephone toll free at 877-9-ASTROS (877-927-8767) or at any of the Astros Ticketmaster locations: Foley's, Fiesta, and select FYE and Wherehouse Music stores.

pirate44
07-25-2006, 09:20 AM
the cows is one of the best ad campaigns ive seen. great stuff. ive never eaten there though

Adidas410s
07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
the cows is one of the best ad campaigns ive seen. great stuff. ive never eaten there though

are you kidding me??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh it's so good!!! :D :D :D

Blastoderm55
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Waffle fries pwn.

pirate44
07-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
no kidding. theres always something i prefer more.

Bull Butter
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Milo always refers to them as the "Fair poles". Wonder if he'll have to throw in the plug for Chick-Fil-A and the "fowl poles" now.

Adidas410s
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
no kidding. theres always something i prefer more.

How can you prefer something else when you've never had Chick Fil-A??? Mmm...that does sound good. Maybe I should take the 10 minute drive over to Mansfield to grab a sandwich. It's either that or grabbing a salad somewhere...:thinking:

pirate44
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
How can you prefer something else when you've never had Chick Fil-A??? Mmm...that does sound good. Maybe I should take the 10 minute drive over to Mansfield to grab a sandwich. It's either that or grabbing a salad somewhere...:thinking:
there's always an italian or steak place somewhere in the vicinity. :D

Blastoderm55
07-25-2006, 11:27 AM
there's always an italian or steak place somewhere in the vicinity. :D

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

EAT MOR CHIKIN!

pirate44
07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

EAT MOR CHIKIN!
LOL...i do. the chicken milano at Johnny carino's is great. but i gotta give love to my beef people over at Texas roadhouse too, ya know

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
LOL...i do. the chicken milano at Johnny carino's is great. but i gotta give love to my beef people over at Texas roadhouse too, ya know Well for something when you are "on the go" you can't beat Chick-fil-A!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pirate44
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well for something when you are "on the go" you can't beat Chick-fil-A!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
how bout those yummy burgers at Hurbs? those might beat it

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 11:49 AM
how bout those yummy burgers at Hurbs? those might beat it you won't know until you try it!! great now I want chick-fil-a :mad: Will you pick one for me?? :D :D

pirate44
07-25-2006, 12:11 PM
you won't know until you try it!! great now I want chick-fil-a :mad: Will you pick one for me?? :D :D
it might not get back to you in one piece :D

big daddy russ
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
how bout those yummy burgers at Hurbs? those might beat it
You know, I've never eaten a Hurb's burger when all my faculties were functioning properly. ;) I'll have to try one my next trip down.

tigerpride_08
07-25-2006, 12:18 PM
the nuggets are the best...

pirate4state
07-25-2006, 12:31 PM
it might not get back to you in one piece :D :(

LOL - but at least you would have tried them!!! ;)

pirate44
07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know, I've never eaten a Hurb's burger when all my faculties were functioning properly. ;) I'll have to try one my next trip down.
think of it as chris madrid's jr. a little greasier and a little saltier. dont get anything smaller than the double though. youll walk away dissapointed.

pirate44
07-25-2006, 12:38 PM
:(

LOL - but at least you would have tried them!!! ;)

2-shay

Sweetwater Red
07-25-2006, 12:39 PM

The only times I have ate and CF was in the Mall of Abilene. The
first time a walked away disappointed. I tried it a second time
just to make sure I didn't catch it on a bad day. I was
disappointed again. There won't be a third time. :(

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
how bout those yummy burgers at Hurbs? those might beat it they are so underground, so great though