PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce Taylor leaving Texas....

kaorder1999
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
for Texas College in Tyler

kaorder1999
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Sources: RB Taylor leaving UT

10:23 PM CDT on Monday, July 24, 2006
By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ramonce Taylor, who was charged with possession of four pounds of marijuana in May after leading the defending national champion Texas Longhorns in all-purpose yardage last season, is transferring, according to two sources close to the situation.

A source close to Taylor said he'll likely transfer to an NAIA school – most likely Texas College in Tyler, where former Longhorn defensive end Mike Williams transferred before last season.

An official announcement relating to Taylor's situation at Texas was expected on Tuesday. Taylor was taking part in the Longhorns' voluntary summer workout program, which is not supervised by coaches, in an attempt to get back in the good graces of the Texas coaching staff.

But Taylor failed to get his academics in order for the fall and was told by coaches that they would help him transfer, according to the sources. Taylor had been suspended from the Texas team for the spring semester because of academic issues.

Taylor, a 20-year-old junior-to-be, is facing a state jail felony drug possession charge, punishable by up to two years in jail, after Bell County authorities discovered roughly four pounds of marijuana in a backpack in his truck in May.

Taylor's attorney, Buck Harris of Killeen, said at the time the marijuana found in Taylor's Chevrolet Tahoe belonged to one of three other passengers in his car. Taylor actually dialed 9-1-1, requesting the assistance of police after the back window of his truck was smashed while leaving a party in Little River, Texas, just south of Temple – Taylor's hometown. Police found the drugs after Taylor called authorities to report the damage to his vehicle.

Taylor scored 15 touchdowns for Texas last season, including a 30-yard scoring run in the Rose Bowl. Texas defeated USC, 41-38, in that game to claim its first national title in 35 years.

Taylor ran 76 times for 561 yards, an average of 6.8 yards per carry, while totaling 12 rushing TDs. He started three of the last four games of the season at tailback. He also caught 27 passes for 265 yards and three scores. He averaged 29.4 yards per kick return, among the best in the nation.

Taylor accounted for 1,219 all-purpose yards last season (rushing, receiving and returns), a team-leading 93.8 yards per game.

Without Taylor at tailback, Texas will look to Jamaal Charles, who averaged 7.4 yards per carry and scored 11 touchdowns last season, as well as Selvin Young (4.8 yards per carry and eight touchdowns) and Henry Melton (5.0 ypc and 10 TDs).

kaorder1999
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/07-06/0725ut.jpg

kaorder1999
07-24-2006, 10:28 PM
texas college just got a lot better

WOS1
07-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know about that... Deon Beasley told me that, when he was making his visits to UT, that Taylor was a thug and not well liked amongst his fellow team mates. Deon said he steered clear of him. The kid sounds like a cancer, don't know if he'll help anyone until he changes his attitude.

JasperDog94
07-24-2006, 11:17 PM
I hope the guy can get his life turned around.:(

Old Dog
07-24-2006, 11:52 PM
This is one of those situations you need to point out to your kids (especially the younger ones). Not only do your own actions shine a light on you, but those you surround yourself with.

The old adage "You Are Known By The Company You Keep".
applies here in the most severe form!

KTJ
07-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Goodbye and good luck.

I'm definitely not sad or upset. I'll actually sleep better tonight.

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Goodbye and good luck.

I'm definitely not sad or upset. I'll actually sleep better tonight. yeah fran didn't do this his first season here, he was very hesitant to kick off any misbehaviors....i think he' sbetter since then

CenTexSports
07-25-2006, 07:45 AM
I think RT is the cousin of another UT player but the other player is very different (good grades and very likeable) but he did hang with RT quite a lot last year. Does anybody know who the other plqyer is?

BTEXDAD
07-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Sources: RB Taylor leaving UT

10:23 PM CDT on Monday, July 24, 2006
By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

Texas defeated USC, 41-38, in that game to claim its first national title in 35 years.

Without Taylor at tailback, Texas will look to Jamaal Charles, who averaged 7.4 yards per carry and scored 11 touchdowns last season, as well as Selvin Young (4.8 yards per carry and eight touchdowns) and Henry Melton (5.0 ypc and 10 TDs).

There's always something good in every story.

Phil C
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
:(

BMOC
07-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
texas college just got a lot better

By the sound of things, I think UT just got better. When a team loses a player like that, things just seem to go a little smoother.
Never knew that he was that kind of person, I was trying to be positive when all this made the headlines at first, but now it sounds like it is better if he does leave.

tigerpride_08
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
it's his own fault...almost a waste of talent if you ask me...good player, but bad decisions...

big daddy russ
07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
By the sound of things, I think UT just got better. When a team loses a player like that, things just seem to go a little smoother.
Never knew that he was that kind of person, I was trying to be positive when all this made the headlines at first, but now it sounds like it is better if he does leave.
Guys, this is my liberal side coming out so be careful from here on out:

I honestly didn't have a big problem with him having the pot. Yeah, I know, I'm a redneck hippie.

Personally, I believe wholeheartedly that marijuana is a safter drug than alcohol, so I'm not as against it as some people. On that note, it is against the law he should've had the common sense not to be running around with the stuff and to put his TEAM in that situation and give them that kind of exposure. It's the same thing as if he were to be caught driving drunk (and I've had some experience with the stupidity in that) or shoplifting.

After that episode, I was still cool with the guy. After hearing about this crap, though, everything changed.

KTJ
07-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I honestly didn't have a big problem with him having the pot. Yeah, I know, I'm a redneck hippie.

Personally, I believe wholeheartedly that marijuana is a safter drug than alcohol, so I'm not as against it as some people. On that note, it is against the law he should've had the common sense not to be running around with the stuff and to put his TEAM in that situation and give them that kind of exposure. It's the same thing as if he were to be caught driving drunk (and I've had some experience with the stupidity in that) or shoplifting.

After that episode, I was still cool with the guy. After hearing about this crap, though, everything changed.

They must smoke out a lot at Ahhurbun.

:D

Blastoderm55
07-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Welcome to the dark side. :evil:

Joking aside, I too don't see a problem with a little casual use. However, the dude had four pounds of weed on him. That makes the leap from personal use to intent to distribute. The last thing UT needs is for the media to print a story about the Longhorn's inside dealer. Hopefully moving down in the college ranks will help the guy get his stuff in line.

AggieJohn
07-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Welcome to the dark side. :evil:

Joking aside, I too don't see a problem with a little casual use. However, the dude had four pounds of weed on him. That makes the leap from personal use to intent to distribute. The last thing UT needs is for the media to print a story about the Longhorn's inside dealer. Hopefully moving down in the college ranks will help the guy get his stuff in line. except for it's illegal!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blastoderm55
07-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
except for it's illegal!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So is speeding but I'll bet you experimented a little with that in high school. And its far more dangerous than a little puff puff give. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
07-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
They must smoke out a lot at Ahhurbun.

:D
It's like a great comedian once said, "A drunk will come home from the bar and beat his wife, but the worst thing a pothead would do is eat her dinner."

Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Joking aside, I too don't see a problem with a little casual use. However, the dude had four pounds of weed on him. That makes the leap from personal use to intent to distribute.
Now that's a different story. I thought he just got busted with a little bit on him.