PDA

View Full Version : Zmotion

wildstangs
07-24-2006, 10:21 PM
I heard the Cowboys are picked behind Mary Hardin Baylor...I figured with Neal back the Cowboys would be a sure bet as the number one pick. I guess MHB is still the best though until they are beaten.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2006, 10:32 PM
They (UMHB) have a great offense and I want to say that they had the best defense in the conference last year.

That being said they lost a major portion of both the o and d line. They lost their #1 running back and their #1 receiver who was awesome.

We get Neal back which is going to be significant. We have most of our O-line back which 3 were freshman last year and should really show progress. I bet this line will be one of the best HSU has had. Then throw on top of that two running backs: Q Jones and Thurston Ashley (I also heard that the running back out of Monahans will be playing for HSU--if true I think he had a heck of a year last year). Where we lack depth would be receiver and we get Carrillo back who will be a starter and also Patrick Shelby who is listed at 6' 3" 235, yes that is a receiver. I believe he medical red shirted last year also after a bad ankle sprain (he will be a 5th year senior).

On the defense we get Reggie Robinson back who is a preseason All America (He missed last year--I think because of eligibility) Then throw on depth at DT and LB. We also have Antonio Shelton 6'0" 235 from Vernon. He has been out of football for two years since high school but has been working out with my son and man this guys is in great shape. I'll bet he gets playing time at WLB. Then we have both corners back plus a strong safety and my son will fight for some playing time at free. Revada is also back and he played a lot of corner last year and did a great job. He was really buffed up when I saw him over the summer.

Will Galusha is a freak -- from What I read he will play both ways WR and Corner. Also a preseason All America with our Center Josh Knox.

I tend to think this will be a special year for the Cowboys. We will find out when we play Lindfield.

Plus we play UMHB at their place. The past several years the away team has won. It will be a great game I know that for sure.

I'm so dang excited that I'm about to bust!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh yes and I almost forgot our MLB and SLB are both back (starters). They were very good last year also.

Robert Galusha SLB 5-11 198
Eric Daniels MLB 6-2 232

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Interesting how kids grow. Z Jr. was 140 lbs his senior year of high school. I think he was the lightest on our team (of the starters). That really hurt him in recruiting. We told more coaches than I can remember that he had great potential to put on weight. He has a great frame size but he was so dang active and thus skinny.

One coach at Southwestern Oklahoma (they are terrible anyway) told us the reason that they didn't offer him a scholly was because of his weight. Straight out told us that he was too small.

Two years later -- he now weighs 170. If he keeps it up he may be at the optimal weight of 190 by the time he is a senior.

Oh yes about Southwestern...Z Jr. now weighs more than their starter at Strong and their #2 at Free. And Jr. is only a sophomore this year (red shirted his first year). Three of the below are seniors.

Strong Safety
3 Tommy Musa 5-9 160
22 Todd Crumb 5-10 180

Free Safety
33 Charles Bolds 5-10 200
48 McKinley Salomon, 6-0 165