PDA

View Full Version : Wynne Seale Middle School?

AggieJohn
07-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Wife has an interview tomorrow there? Know anything about the school?

eagles_victory
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Wife has an interview tomorrow there? Know anything about the school? i think its named after someone in my family

Gobbla2001
07-24-2006, 06:52 PM
The school opened its doors in 2000... it was named after the Sealy Tigers who rolled through 3A during the mid 90's...

To keep it from being 'too' obvious, the founders mispelled both Win and Sealy...

Old Tiger
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I hope this interview turns out better than todays. Good luck to her!

AggieJohn
07-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I hope this interview turns out better than todays. Good luck to her! thanks, it's a magnet school, which i'm not too familiar with what that means.....i hope it's not like the one from today for sure

pirate44
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM
thanks, it's a magnet school, which i'm not too familiar with what that means.....i hope it's not like the one from today for sure
that just means they use magnets to detect weapons brought on campus.

AggieJohn
07-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
that just means they use magnets to detect weapons brought on campus. haha, let's hope not

pirate44
07-24-2006, 08:05 PM
haha, let's hope not
i wasnt kidding

ok..maybe i was

District303aPastPlayer
07-24-2006, 09:59 PM
i believe its proper name is Wynne Seale Academy for the Performing Arts. Its a good school from what i have understood

LH Panther Mom
07-24-2006, 10:14 PM
AJ, check your privates. :)

AggieJohn
07-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
AJ, check your privates. :) i beg your pardon.......:eek:

oh, okay :doh:

kaorder1999
07-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Magnet schools are usually pretty nice...but then Skyline High School in Dallas began as a magnet school. Skyline is full of future first-class citizens!

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Congrats to Mrs. AggieJohn for landing the job. :clap: :clap: :clap:

luvhoops34
08-03-2006, 11:15 PM
somebody pulease correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wynn Seale used to be the old CC high school? or some kind of high school?

pirate44
08-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
somebody pulease correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wynn Seale used to be the old CC high school? or some kind of high school?
i dont know what it used to be, but the current Miller High School used to be the old CC hich school

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 08:03 AM
My nephew will be going to Wynn Seale this year. It's not in the best part of CC for sure but I've heard it's a good school.

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
My nephew will be going to Wynn Seale this year. It's not in the best part of CC for sure but I've heard it's a good school. y eah, that's what we heard, she loved her interview their, but read alot of the school make up of students is not favorable

Buccaneer
08-04-2006, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by luvhoops34
somebody pulease correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wynn Seale used to be the old CC high school? or some kind of high school? [/QUOTE/]

Wynn Seale Junior High School - This property was outside the city limits in 1934 when acquired by the Corpus Christi Independent School District for a new junior high. The school board voted to name the planned facility for Edmund Wynn Seale (c. 1887-1934) shortly after his death. Seale, president of Texas College of Arts and Industries in Kingsville, had served several south Texas school systems and had been principal of Corpus Christi High School. Partial federal funding for the new school, the city's first to be built as a junior high, was secured from the Public Works Administration. Construction began in 1935 on a design by the firm of Hamon and Griffith, with Harry D. Payne consulting. Local architect Everett Elijah Hamon (1885-1956) designed some 50 area schools. Wynn Seale was his largest effort, costing $387,624 when opened in 1936 with capacity for some 1,500 students. The brick-clad building's spanish colonial revival styling is highlighted with corbelled brick, cast stone, and tile details. The interior reflects this baroque theme, with an 800-seat auditorium featuring gilded and painted plaster reliefs, wrought iron balustrades, bronze and etched glass light fixtures, and stenciled designs. Numerous additions and improvements to the building have maintained its importance to local education

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by luvhoops34
somebody pulease correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wynn Seale used to be the old CC high school? or some kind of high school? [/QUOTE/]

Wynn Seale Junior High School - This property was outside the city limits in 1934 when acquired by the Corpus Christi Independent School District for a new junior high. The school board voted to name the planned facility for Edmund Wynn Seale (c. 1887-1934) shortly after his death. Seale, president of Texas College of Arts and Industries in Kingsville, had served several south Texas school systems and had been principal of Corpus Christi High School. Partial federal funding for the new school, the city's first to be built as a junior high, was secured from the Public Works Administration. Construction began in 1935 on a design by the firm of Hamon and Griffith, with Harry D. Payne consulting. Local architect Everett Elijah Hamon (1885-1956) designed some 50 area schools. Wynn Seale was his largest effort, costing $387,624 when opened in 1936 with capacity for some 1,500 students. The brick-clad building's spanish colonial revival styling is highlighted with corbelled brick, cast stone, and tile details. The interior reflects this baroque theme, with an 800-seat auditorium featuring gilded and painted plaster reliefs, wrought iron balustrades, bronze and etched glass light fixtures, and stenciled designs. Numerous additions and improvements to the building have maintained its importance to local education

in other words it's old as crap

and has multiple wall layers