PDA

View Full Version : Latest HS softball games 3A

Old Cardinal
02-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Bridge City 10-run ruled Kirbyville tonight; 11-1 in the fifth inning. BC-JV had Kirbyville-JV 14-0 very early. Kirbyville will probably win their 20-3A District but will meet stiff competition from Lufkin Hudson, Pollok Central and Jasper. Newton also has a very young team, but looks to be much improved. Bridge City will have to pitch their All-State Senior Laura Gremillion to assure a win from Hamshire-Fannett and several others in their own District....Laura Gremillion(BC) was in a, 3 balls two strike situation, and had to pitch a "fat" pitch to Holly Tankersley(All Stater) from Kirbyville-which was promptly knocked over the fence!...Let us hear about some other softball games...

mistanice
02-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Well i noticed you didnt mention Diboll. Just want to let you know we will suprise 20-3a, we have most of our starters back, and they are all juniors. We can only get stronger, just finished the night with a win over 5a lufkin 4-0.

everman_guy
02-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Everman beat 5a Arlington Sam Houston 3-2....the Bulldogs scored 2 in the bottom of the sixth to take their first lead of the game.

Phil C
02-19-2003, 09:37 AM
I didn't get to make the game but I found out from one of the parents that the Sinton Lady Pirates of 3A lost 6 to 5 to the 4A Calallen Lady Wildcats. It was a very good well played game that went into extra innings.

Old Cardinal
02-19-2003, 03:26 PM
To Mistanice: It was my understanding that Diboll and Newton were one year away from contending for the crown. Please tell us all the reasons that you think Diboll will win it?

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

RBARKER
02-19-2003, 03:55 PM
BH boys 9-0 over hitchcock

BH Girls
Pt. Arthur Memorial Tournament - Varsity

Lost to 4A LC-M 2-0 Losing Pitcher Samantha Gonzalez

Won vs Hardin-Jefferson 8-0 Winning Pitcher Crystal Gonzalez

Won vs 5A Pt. Arthur Memorial 7-1 Winning Pithcher Samantha Gonzalez

Saturday Games Cancelled

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

Old Cardinal
02-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi RBarker, Thanks for the report. Will you help me to post 20-3a,21-3a and 22-3a softball and baseball? Maybe, we can get some help from the folks following 20-3a. BC's boys topped Kelly 6-2-fro m and uncomfirmend source.Iook for Jasper to be the darkhorse for the State title. Sinton, with their two returning pitchers have got to be the leading contender. If we can share info, we can all get the bigger picture for Region III in both softball and baseball.

mistanice
02-19-2003, 08:09 PM
well OCard, last year was a good year, but we lacked experience, there were mostly sophmores starting. This year they look better prepared. These girls been playing together since teeball so they should know how to play as a team. I'll try to keep you posted on how both the baseball and softball teams are doing. i follow softball mostly, but i'll try to fill you in on baseball.

Old Cardinal
02-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Thanks, Mistanice: Just get us scores, if nothing else, out of the Lufkin Paper etc: Any info can help. How many of your girls play Select team- year round "A" ball, ASA/AFA?

PPHSfan
02-19-2003, 08:52 PM
HOW much longer to ZERO WEEK???? :p

Billy Boy
02-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Jasper boys 10-run ruled Ozen 13-3 in the fifth inning.

Brahma73
02-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Softball last week: Bellville 11, Waller (4A) 1 in 6. Mayde Creek (5A) 5, Bellville 0

This week Softball: Bellville 8, Rosenberg Terry (4A) 7

Baseball: Waller 5, Bellville 3

RBARKER
02-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Old Cardinal:
Hi RBarker, Thanks for the report. Will you help me to post 20-3a,21-3a and 22-3a softball and baseball? Maybe, we can get some help from the folks following 20-3a. BC's boys topped Kelly 6-2-fro m and uncomfirmend source.Iook for Jasper to be the darkhorse for the State title. Sinton, with their two returning pitchers have got to be the leading contender. If we can share info, we can all get the bigger picture for Region III in both softball and baseball.No problem Old Card, I will post scores when I have them. I also enjoy the updates you give us it does help us see a better picture once the playoffs start.

mistanice
02-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Hudson will be hosting a tournament today. teams:Hudson, Jacksonville, Trinity, Rusk, Forney, Kirbyville, Lufkin's JV, Crockett, Lindale, NCA, Huntington, Colmesneil, Livingston, Central Heights, Mineola, Corrigan-Camden, Diboll, Center, Woden and Palestine. If the games are played, weather permitting, i'll try to get some scores in.

Old Cardinal
02-21-2003, 08:11 PM
I Region III, last year-it played out something like this....Sweeny beat Bridge City 3-1, then Sweeny beat Barbers Hill 5-3, setting them up to play Splendora from the other side of the bracket. Splendora arrived by beating a good West team 3-0. That set the stage for the Regional Championship. Melissa Collins a great ASA/AFA trained pitcher; pitched a great game giving Splendora a 2-1 win over Sweeny. It looks to again be a good bracket contest in Girls Fastpitch this season.