PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Argonauts lose Ricky Williams

Adidas410s
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Argonauts lose Williams
Regina, Saskatchewan (Sports Network) - The Toronto Argonauts lost running back Ricky Williams in the second quarter of the team's 26-23 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday.

Williams fractured his left arm in the second quarter and did not return to the game. He finished with just four carries for 17 yards.

Williams, 29, was suspended by the NFL for his fourth violation of the league's anti-drug policy. He reportedly failed a drug test for a banned substance that is not marijuana. The first three violations for Williams came after he tested positive for marijuana. He now has to sit out at least 12 months before he can apply for reinstatement.

He has 231 yards on 57 carries with one touchdown in five games this season.

Also in the game, the Argonauts lost the services of quarterback Spurgeon Wynn, who suffered a head injury on the last play of the first half after he was hit by Roughriders defensive tackle Scott Schultz. The impact knocked Wynn's helmet from his head and he remained on the turf throughout halftime. He was eventually taken from the field on a stretcher and transported by ambulance to hospital.

44INAROW
07-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but having said that.

ADIOS RICKY

Phil C
07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
:(

BMOC
07-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but having said that.

ADIOS RICKY

I AGREE

CalallenWildcat
07-24-2006, 02:23 PM
What are the chances that he will provide his own painkillers?

tigerpride_08
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
the running back from VT Cedric Humes played with a broken forearm i think...i remember because he was wearing a special made padding...