PDA

View Full Version : The Tour de France and the letter "L"

Phil C
07-24-2006, 11:04 AM
The letter L has been significant with our three American winners at the Tour de France. For example our first and third winners have L in their last names - Greg LeMond and Floyd Landis. Our 7 time winner known as "Lance" of course has the letter L in his first name (Lance Armstrong). Also one of our current contenders is Levi Leipheimer (notice L's in both first and last names).
Hopefully some day we can have a winner without the L but if we get winners in the future with that letter we will take them of course. Who knows mayby a young boy who is to win the Tour by the name of John Smith is right now practicing riding a bike in Colorado.

Phil C
07-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Maybe some of you future fathers and mothers might want to consider naming your sons Loren, Larry, Luke, etc. and get them on a bike as quick as possible.
And if you have a girl you can name her Laura or Lucy, etc. and get her on a bike. You know how girls' sports is getting popular and some are racing bikes professionally too so by the time they get old enough it may be popular for them to earn money.
To be extra safe keep Leslie in mind. It works for both a boy's or girl's name.

big daddy russ
07-24-2006, 11:28 AM
But Phil, what would happen if they wanted their kids to be one of the Killer B's?

Phil C
07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey AP Panther Fan if I knew what I know now I think I would have named one of my two boys LLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL and got him on a bike as soon as possible. I would have named the other one Larry Lee and got him on a bike. :)

SintonFan
07-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
But Phil, what would happen if they wanted their kids to be one of the Killer B's?
Then you'd doom your kid to never have won any kind of championship.