PDA

View Full Version : Rivals Revenge!

maroonpirate04
07-24-2006, 12:21 AM
In every town there are always Rivals Revenge during football season. Always trash talking, even going over to each campus spraying on the buildings or putting toilet paper on campus, buring down bon-fires. Back in the late 80's our biggest rival always been Taft they came one year and spayed painted our chain-linked S and anchor Green/White and putting Taft Greyhounds #1 then did again in 2001 but on condemed buildings in town "Sinton Greyhounds" "Taft Pirates" but the feeling is great on the next day "Game Day" it only pumps up the players showing your rival who is the better team. What are the some of the things your school went through only to end up with a victory?

sahen
07-24-2006, 01:00 AM
In Baytown in '99 the Sterling/Lee rivalry got pretty heated again since both teams were competitive for the first time in forever.....Lee came to our practice field and burned a REL (Robert E Lee) in it and put dead fish all over the field....In retaliation Sterling (my school) went to Lee and painted their sacred rock thing blue (sterling colors) and then put RSS (Ross S Sterling) up all over the school....any car w/ a sterling or lee sticker was pretty much endangered of being egged, as a matter of fact nowdays there is a moratorium in Baytown during Sterling/Lee week and kids 18 and younger can't buy eggs or toliet paper w/o their parents with them....but people still drive around w/ paintball guns and such....good times, good times...cross town rivalries are awesome unfortunately it doesnt happen much in 3a, we would have a pep rally every day during the Sterling/Lee week and the game was on saturday, when the 2 teams are good then they can sell out Stallworth (16,500) and it is a college atmosphere there w/ the hatred on both sides, even in bad years there is atleast 9000 there or so i would say....oh Sterling won that year too :) go rangers!

LH Panther Mom
07-24-2006, 10:14 AM
When I was in high school in Crosbyton, Ralls (aka to us as Sewer City :devil: ), 8 miles away, was our bitter rival in football. My senior year, we played in Ralls. Our halftime show always ended with the fight song (duh!) and us making "CHS" formation standing before marching off the field. Our band director managed to get enough winter rye seed for everyone in the band to have a good handful. Just before we marched off, we dropped our seed. A few months later, they were NOT happy when CHS was green in the middle of their field. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Adidas410s
07-24-2006, 10:17 AM
My all-time favorite is when SMU's band "seeded" Amon Carter Stadium and the next spring the letters SMU were grown into the field.

Phil C
07-24-2006, 10:32 AM
When I was in high school at Freer our homecoming game was coming Friday against Hebbronville. The freshman had built up a bonfire for the game but during the night Wednesday it got burned down. The freshman along with other help build up a good one but everyone blamned Hebbronville for burning it down. One of the girls said she had seen a black car with some young men driving by. Circumstancial evendense indeed since that wasn't unusual and they could have been some young men visiting relatives that happened to drive by. Anyway this motivated a basically young sophomore team to play very well in the game barely losing 20 to 14. (We got revenge the next two years winning 20 to 18 and 40 to 0). But this acusation was big movitation for the young Buckaroo team that the comunity embrased (Cat 22's father was on this team and I am sure he remembers it).
The interesting postscrip is that years later I found out it was really two of our own high school students that had burned it probably to motivate the team.