PDA

View Full Version : stupid question for Dewitt Co. people

maroogreen
07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Totally off topic and a random shot in the dark, but....

I have jury duty tomorrow and can't find my summons anywhere. I can find the envelope it came in, but the summons has durn well disappeared. Do you know of anyone else who got a summons and what time in convenes?

Normally, it's not a big deal, but tomorrow is also my birthday. Does that just not suck???? And I'd much rather sleep late if possible than have to get up and be there at 8 a.m., just in case

I know, I'm an idiot....

Old Green
07-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen

I have jury duty tomorrow and can't find my summons anywhere. I can find the envelope it came in, but the summons has durn well disappeared. Do you know of anyone else who got a summons and what time in convenes?

Normally, it's not a big deal, but tomorrow is also my birthday. Does that just not suck???? And I'd much rather sleep late if possible than have to get up and be there at 8 a.m., just in case

I know, I'm an idiot.... It it grand Jury or District court jury panel? Call down to the S.O. 275-5736. One of the Jailers should know the time.

maroogreen
07-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
It it grand Jury or District court jury panel? Call down to the S.O. 275-5736. One of the Jailers should know the time.

I love you Old Green!
That is a great idea!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :kiss: :kiss:

Old Green
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I love you Old Green!
That is a great idea!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :kiss: :kiss: Glad to help. I never get summon's for jury duty. Us ex-cop's are kinda not wanted for our opinion's.:)

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I love you Old Green!
That is a great idea!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :kiss: :kiss:

No, don't listen to him, he's drunk :D

Old Green
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No, don't listen to him, he's drunk :D Ha ! :D Only had three.

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Ha ! :D Only had three.

Oh.... well

Don't listen to him he's barely buzzin'...

Old Green
07-23-2006, 08:15 PM

I know, I'm an idiot.... Happy Birthday tomorrow! And it does suck having to be there.:(

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 08:16 PM
And I have a question for y'all as well...

did y'all get stormed on pretty bad earlier?

Old Green
07-23-2006, 08:19 PM

did y'all get stormed on pretty bad earlier? Yep! I got soaking wet on the way home. Myself and a couple of the Varsity coaches rode down to corpus today on our motorcycles to eat lunch. We got soaking wet before we found a spot to get out of the rain.

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Yep! I got soaking wet on the way home. Myself and a couple of the Varsity coaches rode down to corpus today on our motorcycles to eat lunch. We got soaking wet before we found a spot to get out of the rain.

Man, sounds like fun...

Welp, I'm gunna go tag #3 and #4 so you don't outdrink me :D

maroogreen
07-23-2006, 08:28 PM

did y'all get stormed on pretty bad earlier?

Over here on the east end of town, we got about a 1/2 inch in the rain guage. Talked to two Aggies on their way back to school and they were going through a gully washer between Hallettsville and LaGrange.

maroogreen
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Happy Birthday tomorrow! And it does suck having to be there.:(

Normally, I have no problem serving, but this is a "big" birthday and I already had plans. I would LOVE to be called during the school year, but that never happens :(

44INAROW
07-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Have fun doing "your civic duty"......... I got picked one time for jury duty on a civil trial..... it was SOOOO boring, an oil and gas type thing...... I hope if you do get picked, it is at least something "juicy" :)

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Man, sounds like fun...

Welp, I'm gunna go tag #3 and #4 so you don't outdrink me :D

#3 and #4 was followed by me getting called into work (hell, four hours OT pay for 21 minutes of work is alright for me)......

and getting called in was followed by #5 and #6 :D