PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 20

Phil C
07-23-2006, 08:45 AM
The Tour de France is about over. They are riding to Paris. There have been some escapees but these are not contenders and they are trying to get a few points. By tradition the contenders stay with the peloton and enjoy the ride into Paris and it looks like this year is no different which is as it should be. The Tour started out with 179 riders and there are 139 who have survied. We lost some of the riders due to illness, fatigue, injuries due to such things as crashes, etc. Today is a ceremony for those who have survied since besides skill and endurance and hard training a little luck is involved. This is their day. I hope that you all who can will watch it on tv this morning. I will be going to church so I will be recording it to watch later but it will also be shown on OLNtv tonight in prime time.
Below is a picture of Floyd Landis as he made it over the finish line in Stage 17 which won him the race. Vive le Tour. Way to go Floyd!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/txzen/fistoffury.jpg

Phil C
07-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Well church postponed till 11 A.M. since the lights went out due to a transfomer blowing out due to the heat.
There isn't anything different to report except the peloton is still together and is about 37 miles from Paris. Well done men!

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 09:56 AM
you should have been watching hunting on ESPN this morning.

gobbler grad
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM
congrats go out to Floyd Landis...great job winning the Tour...:clap:

Phil C
07-24-2006, 09:35 AM
We are proud of Floyd for winning the tour as we were of Lance and Greg LeMond since they were Americans but we have to remember they had help from their teammates and it is an international effort. For example Floyd's team was sponsored by a company located in Switzerland and his teammates were from other countries such as Germany, South Afriday, France, Spain, Belgium, Norway, Switzerland and Columbia.

htowntransplant
07-24-2006, 09:38 AM
great. another american wins the TDF, now its his turn to answer questions by the french media. i think they hate us because we always win their race, lance or no lance.

Phil C
07-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
great. another american wins the TDF, now its his turn to answer questions by the french media. i think they hate us because we always win their race, lance or no lance.

I may be wrong htown but the French seem (overall) to like Floyd more than they do Lance.

htowntransplant
07-24-2006, 05:59 PM
at least until he wins the next two...then that may be a different story.

heck im not a biking genius