PDA

View Full Version : After 30 years....

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 06:00 PM
...I am finally going to the "drive-in" tonight!

Double feature: Pirates/Carribean 2 and Cars.

The Pirate movie starts at 9:35, so it should be over with by midnight...and then Cars starts.

Just got through watching the first Pirate movie, so I won't be completely lost!!:p :p

What are the odds that I will stay awake for both of them????

neck_06
07-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

0% chance

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
0% chance

Ya think?? I sure do hate to waste 5 bucks!!

I have to admit to being a little wary....I watched the first movie here (finished it about 30 minutes ago) and had to fight to stay awake through it!!:(

piratebg
07-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I'd love to go to the drive in with Ranger Mom. I think we'd have a great time. :p

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'd love to go to the drive in with Ranger Mom. I think we'd have a great time. :p

Well come on then....it's gonna be me, my sister-in-law and my niece!!:D

LH Panther Mom
07-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Well come on then....it's gonna be me, my sister-in-law and my niece!!:D
He can stop and get me on the way. :D

pirate44
07-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He can stop and get me on the way. :D
now youre just teasing him. yall are so cruel;)

piratebg
07-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
now youre just teasing him. yall are so cruel;)

story of my life

maestro
07-22-2006, 09:54 PM
drive in movie!!

now that sounds like a great evening.......

what a great way to see two good movies....

be sure and stay past the credits on the pirates movie......they have a short clip to finish the storyline.....it's cute..

Emerson1
07-22-2006, 09:56 PM
I can't beleive the last time you saw a drive-in movie was when you were in your late 20's!:eek:

KTJ
07-22-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm really upset that I didn't get an invite to this "double movie".

mrescape43
07-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Cars is a terrific movie. We went to the drive-in at Lamesa and had a really good time. The 2nd movie was click with Adam Sandler and I didn't enjoy it as much.

AggieJohn
07-22-2006, 11:54 PM
i want to go to a drive in movie theater, i think the closest one is in the valley

DU_stud04
07-22-2006, 11:58 PM
...I am finally going to the "drive-in" tonight!

Double feature: Pirates/Carribean 2 and Cars.

The Pirate movie starts at 9:35, so it should be over with by midnight...and then Cars starts.

Just got through watching the first Pirate movie, so I won't be completely lost!!:p :p

seems like fun, wouldnt mind going to a drive in movie for those two

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 12:38 AM
until you said you were going with other girls I was thinkign the real question is not do you stay awake for both but fully clothed for both...

SintonFan
07-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i want to go to a drive in movie theater, i think the closest one is in the valley
They only have drive-in movies where it doesn't rain.:doh:

piratebg
07-23-2006, 02:37 AM
It would be nice to have a drive in near by. I remember seeing the remnants of one just south of Sinton on 77 when I was a kid.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm back at home and I STAYED AWAKE!!! (In the middle of cars I thought I was gonna lose the battle, but I got out and stood by the car for a second and I was good to go)!

As of today, I have seen both Pirates of the Caribbean movies......I don't see why everyone is so "ga-ga" over Jack Sparrow....his mannerisms seem kinda...um...."fruity" to me!!

SintonFan
07-23-2006, 02:39 AM
It would be nice to have a drive in near by. I remember seeing the remnants of one just south of Sinton on 77 when I was a kid.
It was a skeleton when I was a kid.:D

SintonFan
07-23-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm back at home and I STAYED AWAKE!!! (In the middle of cars I thought I was gonna lose the battle, but I got out and stood by the car for a second and I was good to go)!

As of today, I have seen both Pirates of the Caribbean movies......I don't see why everyone is so "ga-ga" over Jack Sparrow....his mannerisms seem kinda...um...."fruity" to me!!
Arghhhhhhh! No fruity Pirates here matey!!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 09:55 AM
I havent seen either one of them. Getting pressured to see the first one though so I can go to the movies to see #2. Not that big of a fan of the star whatever his name is.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I havent seen either one of them. Getting pressured to see the first one though so I can go to the movies to see #2. Not that big of a fan of the star whatever his name is.

Johhny Depp

He's not my favorite either, but he did a good job in that movie.

I hadn't seen either until yesterday, (thought I better watch the first one so I wouldn't be completely lost in the 2nd).

I liked the first one better myself, but they were both pretty good movies, IMO!

I probably actually enjoyed Cars more myself!

Bull Butter
07-23-2006, 10:50 AM

The Sinton Drive-In! I remember passing by that one when I was a kid. Hurricane Celia took care of that place for good. There must have been a really popular movie back then called "Closed For The Season" because it was showing everytime we passed by.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 11:06 AM
I was really surprised how cheap the evening was.

I figured with a $5 a person entrance fee, the concession prices would be outrageous.

We brought our own drinks in, but I bought popcorn ($1.75 for small, $3.50 for large), chocolated covered almonds ($2.00 a box).....and the drink prices were $1.00 for small, $1.75 for medium and $2.50 for large, which I didn't think was bad at all.

The drive-in has 2 screens and they both always play a double feature. The parking area is HUGE for both.

We had the disadvantage of having someone park in front of us in an SUV. They backed in and opened their rear hatch and it covered up part of the screen from where I was.

I politely asked them if they could lower it a little when the movie started and they simply said "no". That's okay though, it ended up not blocking too much of anything.

We got them back though, when Lori (sis-in-law) turned her key on to program the radio, her headlights went on and were shining right on those people's back. She tried to figure out how to turn them off, but couldn't since they are on a timer.

The stayed on and stayed on...and finally one of the girls that I went and talked to earlier came back and told us to turn them off, Lori informed her they were on a timer.

Come to find out, when she was trying to figure out how to turn them off...she actually turned them on!!:D :D

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 11:09 AM
I was really surprised how cheap the evening was.

I figured with a $5 a person entrance fee, the concession prices would be outrageous.

We brought our own drinks in, but I bought popcorn ($1.75 for small, $3.50 for large), chocolated covered almonds ($2.00 a box).....and the drink prices were $1.00 for small, $1.75 for medium and $2.50 for large, which I didn't think was bad at all.

The drive-in has 2 screens and they both always play a double feature. The parking area is HUGE for both.

We had the disadvantage of having someone park in front of us in an SUV. They backed in and opened their rear hatch and it covered up part of the screen from where I was.

I politely asked them if they could lower it a little when the movie started and they simply said "no". That's okay though, it ended up not blocking too much of anything.

We got them back though, when Lori (sis-in-law) turned her key on to program the radio, her headlights went on and were shining right on those people's back. She tried to figure out how to turn them off, but couldn't since they are on a timer.

The stayed on and stayed on...and finally one of the girls that I went and talked to earlier came back and told us to turn them off, Lori informed her they were on a timer.

Come to find out, when she was trying to figure out how to turn them off...she actually turned them on!!:D :D

I would have had some choice words for them after refusing to lower their hatch. But thats me and I have been told im a donkey.

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 11:10 AM
the drive in in Abilene is pretty good. They now have two screens and are always doing some type of promotion. I think this summer they have been letting people set up tents and etc. The only problem with the place is if it rains since there is no pavement.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 11:22 AM
I would have had some choice words for them after refusing to lower their hatch. But thats me and I have been told im a donkey.

I wasn't none too nice myself, but we won't go into that!!:p

I think if you are gonna do that, you should be required to sit on the back row where you aren't blocking anyone elses view.

It ended up being a non-issue really, there was a black line on the bottom of the screen and that was what the open hatch cut in to....they left after the first movie see we moved about 4 rows up when the traffic let up!

I can't believe anyone would say you are a "donkey...you old mirror mangler!!:D

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2006, 11:30 AM
the drive in in Abilene is pretty good. They now have two screens and are always doing some type of promotion. I think this summer they have been letting people set up tents and etc. The only problem with the place is if it rains since there is no pavement.

Where is the one in Abilene. I've been wanting to go. It's been
about 20+ years sinde I've been to the Drive-in.

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I wasn't none too nice myself, but we won't go into that!!:p

I think if you are gonna do that, you should be required to sit on the back row where you aren't blocking anyone elses view.

It ended up being a non-issue really, there was a black line on the bottom of the screen and that was what the open hatch cut in to....they left after the first movie see we moved about 4 rows up when the traffic let up!

I can't believe anyone would say you are a "donkey...you old mirror mangler!!:D

Oh i have been called every possible name in the book just this morning by the ex wifey.

I know its hard to believe with the kind words I have for everyone here all the time.

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Where is the one in Abilene. I've been wanting to go. It's been
about 20+ years sinde I've been to the Drive-in.
If you exit Ambler from the Winters Freeway and go east you can see it off to the north after about 3/4 of a mile. It is by an jr high school.

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Cool. I know exactly where Ambler is. :D