PDA

View Full Version : Remember good sportsmanship

Ladykat5
10-14-2003, 09:16 AM
I know I may sound dumb saying this but I just want to ask everyone to remember good sportsmanship. We didnt really see that last week playing Venus. Every player and coach has worked hard and so I think we should treat eachother how we want to be treated. Represent your school. Good luck to all teams. GO WILDCATS!! wink

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Ladykat5:
I know I may sound dumb saying this but I just want to ask everyone to remember good sportsmanship. We didnt really see that last week playing Venus. Every player and coach has worked hard and so I think we should treat eachother how we want to be treated. Represent your school. Good luck to all teams. GO WILDCATS!! wink This is so true. It's part of what I told my 7th grader this morning when I took him to school - play a great game, but more importantly have fun and be a good sport. Of course, I've been telling him the same thing since he started playing tee ball.

Chief Woodman
10-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Is that why your signature says this year it's personal? Just an observation.....tell your kid one thing,,,,show him another.

RAIDER96
10-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey Chief, take it easy . Can't it be personal and still show good sportsmanship. I think so.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Chief Woodman:
Is that why your signature says this year it's personal? Just an observation.....tell your kid one thing,,,,show him another.I sat here and thought about my response before going with my first reaction. I don't know if you know anything about the LH football program over the last 20 years or not, but frankly, for the majority of that time, the wins were few per season. When our new coaching staff came in 2 1/2 seasons ago, they came up with a team slogan. This is one of the small ways that they gave our players the confidence in themselves they had lost.

Our players aren't the biggest guys around, but they love the game of football and play each and every game with heart. Each game is very personal with them - but it's not a bad thing. They have enormous comradery.

Just in case you wonder what the rest of my signature, HOAC, means; it's "Heart Of A Champion".

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2003, 06:41 PM
RAIDER96:
Hey Chief, take it easy . Can't it be personal and still show good sportsmanship. I think so.:) Thanks! :)