PDA

View Full Version : Clerks II

Blastoderm55
07-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Was awesome. I'll keep this spoiler free just in case any of you crazy cats plan on watching it. I was the first person in line for the 8 pm showing, and I made the fatal mistake of getting a jumbo soda. I actually had to get up during the movie. Given the content of the movie, I considering relieving myself in the empty cup as it was practically a gallon, but I chose to not offend the people around me and missed a couple minutes of the movie smack dab in the center. Oh well, gives me more reason to go watch it again! :D

AggieJohn
07-22-2006, 10:28 AM
i hate silent bob and jay
they are stupid

big daddy russ
07-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Man, I want to see that movie so bad but I have to wait until I get back to CS. My girlfriend and one of my best friends wants to see it as bad as I do so we're going to check it out sometime during the week.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Saw the late showing of it last night at the Drafthouse. Good movie, funny, has all your typical Kevin Smith attributes: heavy conversation, quick wit, pop culture references galore. However, it was a little too mainstream for me. The cult-ness of Clerks and Mallrats just wasn't there, which I guess is a credit to the popularity Smith has assumed since many of his movies have blown up lately. There was definitely a Jersey Girl influence in this movie, which I wasn't terribly fond of.

Still, though, a funny funny movie, worth every penny, and I'll buy the DVD. Beware of the raunch factor, but if you can handle vulgar language/content, you'll love it.

Blastoderm55
07-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I think I'm like the only View Askewnerd who actually enjoyed Jersey Girl. Ah well, I'm just a sucker for Affleck. :p

Sweetwater Red
07-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Haven't seen either Clerks.

SWMustang
07-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Clerks is my favorite Kevin Smith movie. I have this feeling that I'm going to be dissappointed, because the expectations are so high..

Blastoderm55
07-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Clerks is my favorite Kevin Smith movie. I have this feeling that I'm going to be dissappointed, because the expectations are so high..

This sequel expands enough to let the characters grow while not offending the loyal fanbase. I loved it. :D

SWMustang
07-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Blasto - do you think you have to have seen the first one to really "get" part II? Despite the fact my girlfriend had never seen Clerks, I went ahead and married her anyway. She'll be going with me but maybe I need to rent 1 before going to see 2 with her.

Sweetwater Red
07-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Blasto - do you think you have to have seen the first one to really "get" part II? Despite the fact my girlfriend had never seen Clerks, I went ahead and married her anyway. She'll be going with me but maybe I need to rent 1 before going to see 2 with her.

That's what I would do. She might feel a little at a disadvantage
for not having seen the first and you have. :thinking: :D

Gobbla2001
07-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi, my Name is Gob Bla 2001, and I have never seen Clerks :(

I gotta see it before I see the second, but I'll wait for DVD most-likely...

Blastoderm55
07-22-2006, 01:32 PM

No, Clerks II operates decently as a standalone film, but it helps things to have seen the original.

piratebg
07-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I want to see this movie so freakin bad. I love the entire Jersey series, and don't worry Blastoderm you are not the only one who liked Jersey Girl. My brother in law has never seen a Kevin Smith movie, but was telling me how bad he wanted to see Clerks II. The dumb butt even had the nerve to ask me if there was Clerks I. :doh: Anyways, I suggested to him and everyone else who has asked that before they see this movie the see Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Stirke Back. This will help them understand the inside jokes and reoccuring characters in the series. And for the record, Jay and Silent Bob kick @$$.

DU_stud04
07-22-2006, 07:16 PM
guess i shall venture off to sixflags mall tonight to watch this one:D ^4$

Fal44
07-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I want to see this movie so freakin bad. I love the entire Jersey series, and don't worry Blastoderm you are not the only one who liked Jersey Girl. My brother in law has never seen a Kevin Smith movie, but was telling me how bad he wanted to see Clerks II. The dumb butt even had the nerve to ask me if there was Clerks I. :doh: Anyways, I suggested to him and everyone else who has asked that before they see this movie the see Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Stirke Back. This will help them understand the inside jokes and reoccuring characters in the series. And for the record, Jay and Silent Bob kick @$$.

Dogma and Jay and silent bob strike back are the only ones ive seen out of those

Matthew328
07-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I heard Rosario Dawson is in the movie......if she is its worth my money right there...she is so smoking hot its not even funny..I saw Alexander just because she got naked in the movie....LOL

DU_stud04
07-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I heard Rosario Dawson is in the movie......if she is its worth my money right there...she is so smoking hot its not even funny..I saw Alexander just because she got naked in the movie....LOL

hahahah, thats a trooper :clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
07-22-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking I might need to go rent Alexander.

DU_stud04
07-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'm thinking I might need to go rent Alexander.

::starts downloading alexander::

:cool: :smoker: :D

Fal44
07-23-2006, 12:55 AM
imm gonna download that scene forget about the whole movie..

piratebg
07-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
imm gonna download that scene forget about the whole movie..

Sounds like a plan.

For those interested in seeing a watered down version of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, it is on FX right now.