PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball Hometown Heroes

kepdawg
07-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Hometown Heroes Nominees (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060717&content_id=1560868&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb#nominees)

Astros
Jeff Bagwell
Craig Biggio
Larry Dierker
Nolan Ryan
Jimmy Wynn

Rangers
Rusty Greer
Ivan Rodriguez
Nolan Ryan
Jim Sundberg
Mark Teixeira

A special ballot has been produced featuring five players per franchise. Nominees selected to appear on the ballot were chosen for their contributions to their franchise's history using the Hometown Heroes selection criteria of on-field performance, leadership quality and character value. The majority of nominees were selected by individual Clubs. In some instances, Clubs chose to defer the selection of one or more nominees to an esteemed panel appointed by Major League Baseball that was comprised of baseball historians and media representatives. In these cases, the panel chose the franchise's representatives on the ballot. A complete list of panelists can be found at the bottom of the release.

tigerpride_08
07-21-2006, 09:17 PM
biggio should take the astros vote...

kepdawg
07-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I don't know anything about Dierker or Wynn, so I would go with Biggio.

For the Rangers I was surprised to see Tex on the list. I'd probably put Young on the list ahead of him. Of the nominees I'd probably go with Pudge or Greer.

Sweetwater Red
07-22-2006, 01:30 PM
A-Rod didn't make it for the Mariners...how poetic.:D

How did the Yankees manage to narrow it down to five choices?:thinking:

AggieJohn
07-22-2006, 01:58 PM
if biggio doesn't get this it's rigged

Fal44
07-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Biggio!