PDA

View Full Version : What about the Rangers?

SWMustang
07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
All the Astros fans are dejected by the 'Stros performance. The Rangers are only 3 games better, yet I don't see much complaining about their season. Is that because of lowered expectations for the Rangers?

tigerpride_08
07-21-2006, 03:04 PM
it must be...

SintonFan
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Is that because of lowered expectations for the Rangers?
I'd say that's pretty close. This reminds me of Mad TV for some reason.:thinking:

injuredinmelee
07-21-2006, 03:21 PM
All the Astros fans are dejected by the 'Stros performance. The Rangers are only 3 games better, yet I don't see much complaining about their season. Is that because of lowered expectations for the Rangers?

We are used to sucking. Yall have sniffed a championship lately we havent sniffed anything but the rear ends of the rest of the AL West for the last 5 or 6 years I guess.

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 03:24 PM

The only thing I can say that has to do with the Rangers is....
Hank Blalock is a no hitting bum that is about to get dropped
from my fantasy baseball team!:mad:

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I think the fans are just waiting for the summer collapse that always happens. The past two years we have been in first early in the year...but road trips in late May (2004) and mid June (2005) killed the the team. We have made it past the AS break...so maybe we can make it into August and stay competitive. If not for a bad stretch in May in 2004 we may have won the division that year...we were in it until the last few days...oh well! :rolleyes:

We do get Adam Eaton back on Tuesday against the Yankees so maybe that will help us out. Koronka was amazing in the first half but has been shelled his last few times out and Eaton was VERY good (1.5ish ERA) in his 3 or 4 minor league starts...so hopefully that will give us some added punch on the bump the rest of the summer.

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think the fans are just waiting for the summer collapse that always happens. The past two years we have been in first early in the year...but road trips in late May (2004) and mid June (2005) killed the the team. We have made it past the AS break...so maybe we can make it into August and stay competitive. If not for a bad stretch in May in 2004 we may have won the division that year...we were in it until the last few days...oh well! :rolleyes:

And when the Rangers do make the play-offs the Yankees are
usually their first round opponent.

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The only thing I can say that has to do with the Rangers is....
Hank Blalock is a no hitting bum that is about to get dropped
from my fantasy baseball team!:mad:

it's funny you say that because I read some DMN rumors today that he might be on the trading block this week and in the offseason.

Keith7
07-21-2006, 04:21 PM

No its prolly because the rangers are only a game and a half out of first place even while struggling of late..

and the astros are 8 games back with very little offense, and not alot of bright spots this season..

Either way the Astros have the boot so you guys should be happy anyways

KTJ
07-21-2006, 04:23 PM
FIRE BUCK SHOWALTER!!!!!!!!!!

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
FIRE BUCK SHOWALTER!!!!!!!!!! Yes, he's a lousy pitcher.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kepdawg
07-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
FIRE BUCK SHOWALTER!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Rangers - 2007 World Series Champions!

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
true...true...

KTJ
07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Yes, he's a lousy pitcher.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow. Because the Rangers have had lousy pitching since...well forever.

So I guess it's more like...

FIRE TOM HICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Wow. Because the Rangers have had lousy pitching since...well forever.

So I guess it's more like...

FIRE TOM HICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

The road to the WSC will run through Detroit and there it will end
for all AL teams. :D

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The road to the WSC will run through Detroit and there it will end
for all AL teams. :D

:smoker:

Detroit is something like 4 and 15 against CWS, NYY, and BOS.

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
:smoker:

Detroit is something like 4 and 15 against CWS, NYY, and BOS.

I know and it's killing me! Detroit's good but...Detroit's pitching
staff is the best in the Majors but...and so on. They are 3-6
against the White Sox with what 10 more to play?
Their biggest need now is a left handed bat which they already
have in Dmitri Young if he'll get his hammy heeled up and quit
hitting women.

GreenMonster
07-21-2006, 05:36 PM
it's funny you say that because I read some DMN rumors today that he might be on the trading block this week and in the offseason. They should have traded him instead of Soriano last off-season. I totally agree with the "no hitting bum" comment as well. I'm sorry but you can't be a .250 hitter with 22 HR's and 80-90 RBI's. If you are going to swing out of your shoes like Hank does you better hit 40 plus homers to justify your weak batting average and your high strikeouts.