PDA

View Full Version : I may join the Astros

injuredinmelee
07-21-2006, 01:07 PM
HEre is how it might happen. I may be fat, and slow but I can dip a mean can of copenhagen and scratch the boys with the best of them. I am not sure exactly what position i am interested in playing but I am leaning towards shortstop. JUst dont let them hit anythign where i have to move further than what i have to reach now sitting int he lazy boy to get my remote or spit cup and I will do just fine. Hitting... not a problem. I swing my belt with great accuracy when chasing my kids full speed around the house. I also have been spending a lot of quality time at the batting cages at the Abilene Putt Putt center. I know the top speed there is onyl 75 mph but maybe I can only bat against Tim Wakefield. I do request the #5 however and I am not sure how that will go over. Salary wise I am very open. I will take about half of what ARod would demand, surely Mr. McLane will see that this offer to sign a fat 34 yr old couch potato who has had major back surgery is too good to pass up.

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 01:08 PM
FANTOM wishes you would not poke fun of a team below five hundred ball......

injuredinmelee
07-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
FANTOM wishes you would not poke fun of a team below five hundred ball......

more proof that I cant hurt the team that much...

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
i know

injuredinmelee
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I also will not travel to away games unless it is with Roger on a private jet.

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I also will not travel to away games unless it is with Roger on a private jet.

Not asking for much! Since the ole lazy boy is part of the equipment wouldn't the number 2 position suit you better? Maybe more salary for that spot.

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 01:29 PM
HEre is how it might happen. I may be fat, and slow but I can dip a mean can of copenhagen and scratch the boys with the best of them. I am not sure exactly what position i am interested in playing but I am leaning towards shortstop. JUst dont let them hit anythign where i have to move further than what i have to reach now sitting int he lazy boy to get my remote or spit cup and I will do just fine. Hitting... not a problem. I swing my belt with great accuracy when chasing my kids full speed around the house. I also have been spending a lot of quality time at the batting cages at the Abilene Putt Putt center. I know the top speed there is onyl 75 mph but maybe I can only bat against Tim Wakefield. I do request the #5 however and I am not sure how that will go over. Salary wise I am very open. I will take about half of what ARod would demand, surely Mr. McLane will see that this offer to sign a fat 34 yr old couch potato who has had major back surgery is too good to pass up. Heck injured, let's just be bench warmers. We'd have great seats.:D

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 01:31 PM
I wonder if we could give Clemens an honorary FANTOM membership??? It's about time that we start up an executive board full of outsiders getting paid 20x what most of our employees are getting. Do we have room for that in the budget??? Who is the CFO again?

Tiger Baseball
DaHop just wondering do I know you?

Sweetwater Red
HEre is how it might happen. I may be fat, and slow but I can dip a mean can of copenhagen and scratch the boys with the best of them. I am not sure exactly what position i am interested in playing but I am leaning towards shortstop. JUst dont let them hit anythign where i have to move further than what i have to reach now sitting int he lazy boy to get my remote or spit cup and I will do just fine. Hitting... not a problem. I swing my belt with great accuracy when chasing my kids full speed around the house. I also have been spending a lot of quality time at the batting cages at the Abilene Putt Putt center. I know the top speed there is onyl 75 mph but maybe I can only bat against Tim Wakefield. I do request the #5 however and I am not sure how that will go over. Salary wise I am very open. I will take about half of what ARod would demand, surely Mr. McLane will see that this offer to sign a fat 34 yr old couch potato who has had major back surgery is too good to pass up.

You gotta like a job that you can fail at 70% of the time and
still be considered successful. :D

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You gotta like a job that you can fail at 70% of the time and
still be considered succesful. :D

That sounds like a weather man!!

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
DaHop just wondering do I know you? I don't know. Do you??:D

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I don't know. Do you??:D

I get it question with a question :doh: We need to have a m&g. There is a few I would like to meet. :D

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I get it question with a question :doh: We need to have a m&g. There is a few I would like to meet. :D If you have been around the Boys Club, Travis Gym or the Little League fields in the last 5 years you have at least seen me.:D :D

Maroon87
07-21-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm joining the Astros too. I'm going to be in charge of making sure the clubhouse beer is cold enough to drink...:p

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm joining the Astros too. I'm going to be in charge of making sure the clubhouse beer is cold enough to drink...:p

you should join FANTOM...your title will be "Official FANTOM M&G Beer Temperature Montitoring Administrator"

Maroon87
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
you should join FANTOM...your title will be "Official FANTOM M&G Beer Temperature Montitoring Administrator"

I dunno man...that's a pretty long title. My feeble brain might not be able to process all that info.:D

injuredinmelee
07-21-2006, 02:59 PM
I dunno man...that's a pretty long title. My feeble brain might not be able to process all that info.:D
I dont know if we can fit it on a business card either. How about FANTOM Beer Guy?

Maroon87
07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
I dont know if we can fit it on a business card either. How about FANTOM Beer Guy?

Short and to the point...I like it!:cool:

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 03:05 PM

I was just trying to think of something long and confusing...that way nobody really knows what anybody does! ;)

injuredinmelee
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
You would be a perfect fit for the company i work for.

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I was just trying to think of something long and confusing...that way nobody really knows what anybody does! ;)

I was mentioned as keeper of the keg. Does this mean me and
Maroon87 have to work together?

Maroon87
07-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I was mentioned as keeper of the keg. Does this mean me and
Maroon87 have to work together?

You make sure no one steals it. I get to sample the contents. Liberally.:D

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 03:14 PM

true...true...

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 03:15 PM

you will both directly report to Rickadamius...so I will let him deal with any further guidelines.

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 03:47 PM
If you have been around the Boys Club, Travis Gym or the Little League fields in the last 5 years you have at least seen me.:D :D

OK, I'm a retired coach from LL, to old and fat for it now.

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 03:50 PM
OK, I'm a retired coach from LL, to old and fat for it now. An old Cardinal possibly????

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 03:53 PM
An old Cardinal possibly????

Cardinal never, bite your tongue!

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Cardinal never, bite your tongue! Yankee maybe???

LH Panther Mom
07-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Long and confusing or short and sweet..... :thinking: Do you really know either way? ;)

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Yankee maybe???

Keep guessing and your going to figure it out. Clues that you gave me could be alot of different people.

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Keep guessing and your going to figure it out. Clues that you gave me could be alot of different people. Real good chance we coached against each other through the years. This is not my first rodeo. That help any???:devil:

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Real good chance we coached against each other through the years. This is not my first rodeo. That help any???:devil:

OK would it be L.R.

No that can't be right your from sweetwater first.

Maybe an asst. to the above.

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
OK would it be L.R.

Nope...:devil:

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
OK would it be L.R. Nope. Your turn to furnish a clue.:D

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Nope. Your turn to furnish a clue.:D

Or you could utilize the PM system that the Down Low offers.:D

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Or you could utilize the PM system that the Down Low offers.:D Yeah I thought of that. Just not as much fun.:evillaugh :evillaugh

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Or you could utilize the PM system that the Down Low offers.:D

Come on Red your no help.

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Come on Red your no help. So, no clue.:confused: :confused:

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
So, no clue.:confused: :confused:

:thinking:

DaHop72
07-21-2006, 04:32 PM
:thinking: Come on Tiger, give me a clue.