PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Yankees will get Greg Madduc too!

Phil C
02-17-2004, 09:49 AM
This in additional to A-Rod. Yankees should win five of next world series for sure now. In baseball it is the money and the Yankees have more money and wihtout the salary cap which has worked in the NFL you will have dominate teams. That is why NBA makes sure Lakers have a top team every year because their tv ratings are high and more money especially in the playoffs and I think baseball does the same thing with the Yankees. It was obvious when the baseball commissioner says that he ordinarily wouldn't allow a trade like the A-Rod trade but that this was an exception or in other unsaid words "Ye ole double standard."

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2004, 09:58 AM
DEATH TO THE EVIL EMPIRE!

Bellville22
02-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Did I mention how much I hate the Yankees?

JasperDog94
02-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Microsoft. The one with the most money wins.

Go Bill Gates, Go!!!

SintonFan
02-17-2004, 10:49 AM
I like the Rangers.
Jeez... I'm just a sucker for punishment aint I?

Showtime33
02-17-2004, 11:17 AM
The NBA does have a salary cap. The reason the Lakers were able to sign the free agents like Malone and Payton over the offseason was because they both took huge cuts in pay in order for a chance to win a title. Major League Baseball is in trouble. Small market teams have almost no shot at winning. Now I know there are some die hard fans that love the game of baseball and will go and watch the games no matter what, but the typical fan is not going to watch or support a losing product. The Yankees are in another league compared to all the other MLB teams when it comes to revenue. Out of the 12 highest paid players in baseball, the Yankees now have 6 of them. MLB better do something fast because their fan base is already falling and if they are not careful, in 10 years there may be no more Major League Baseball.

JasperDog94
02-17-2004, 11:42 AM
I say put in a hard salary cap, let the players strike, move the guys up from the minors and let's play ball. :cool:

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2004, 03:33 PM
JasperDog94:
I say put in a hard salary cap, let the players strike, move the guys up from the minors and let's play ball. :cool: What???? You mean that the professionals aren't on strike right now??? After looking at the Rangers roster, I thought that they already had called up all the minor leaguers to play ball...

St. Ivender
02-17-2004, 04:27 PM
JasperDog94:
I say put in a hard salary cap, let the players strike, move the guys up from the minors and let's play ball. :cool: I think there is a work stoppage/ lockout already on the horizon.

<small>[ February 17, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>