PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France will be decided tomorrow (Saturday)!

Phil C
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Be sure to watch it on OLNtv from 7:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M. It will also be replayed Saturday night during prime time in the evening. This race decides the winner and anything can happen. Floyd Landis is 30 seconds behind the leader but that is like the Miami Heat being behind by two points with two minutes left in the game.
This Stage 20 is about 35 miles long and consists of time trials which Floyd is very good. If everything goes well he should easily overtake the top two racers but you never know. Hopefully, there will be no crashes or bicycle mechanical problems and he can race as he is capable and win the Tour de France but this race has the potential to be the closest ever race (the closesh was Greg Lemont's 8 second victory in 1990). We will see. It has been a great race and very exciting indeed! Go Floyd! Go USA! :clap: :clap: :clap:

turbostud
07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey Phil, I found a shirt for you to buy. Floydstrong (http://www.cafepress.com/car_roof_racks/1652029)
Flandis has a great oppurtunity to make history by winning the TT and reclaiming the yellow jersey. His ride is being compared historically as one of the best ever.

Phil C
07-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Thank you turbo. I think I will order one. Go Floyd!

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I want to see proof of purchase Phil. Heck...that yellow one would be cool to have...but only if Landis can complete this miraculous comeback tomorrow!!! GO FLOYD GO!!!

Phil C
07-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Right you are Ad. The experts think Floyd can win it all but that it will be close. He beat both of the two leaders by over a minute in the last time trial but one has to remember they are all tired and this Tour has been a strange one that things can change quickly and you never know how one will do. Levi Leipheimer had a very disappointing time trial but hopefully Floyd can have one more good one. If he can win the stage he will also get 20 bonus seconds which could be a factor.
The final may be so close tomorrow that some experts say that the race may even continue Sunday but I hope it doesn't no matter who wins. I hope they will keep the Sunday stage in the festive mood and they all come in together as in the past.

Here are the top five contenders:

1. Oscar Pereiro Time 84:33:04
2. Carlos Sastre 10 sec behind
3. Floyd Landis 30 sec behind
4. Andreas Kloden 2'29" behind
5. Cadel Evans 3'08" behind

Basically it is felt that the race is between the top three above. The others would only have a chance is something bad happens to the other three. It is expected they will be trying to ride the best ride of their lives.

The time trial tomorrow will have all other riders starting their time trials ahead of them with Floyd going ahead of Sastre who will be followed by Pereiro.

As I have said Floyd had the fastest time trial of the three contenders beating them by over a minute but let's hope nerves don't get the better of him and he can become the third American to win the greatest race of all.

GO FLOYD!

turbostud
07-21-2006, 10:13 PM
2nd place also gets a 12 second bonus and 3rd place gets a 8 second bonus. Floyd has a great chance to get in the top 3 if not win. Pereiro and Sastre are long shots for the top 3. This all is to Flandis' advantage.