PDA

View Full Version : Friday night lights

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 10:51 AM
In Dillon, Texas, high school football isn’t just a sport, it’s a way of life. This year, the Dillon Panthers are expected to go all the way. That’s a lot of pressure for Eric Taylor in his first year as head coach. Not to mention, the pressure on the athletes who all have their sights set on college and the NFL. Coach Taylor is ready to mold these boys into champions and encourage them to be better men. Will they rise to the challenge?

NBC.com weekly exclusives include Julie Taylor’s "Video Yearbook" chronicling life on and off campus, as well as on and off the football field

rumor has it that mack brown plays a booster in one of the episodes

cast:
Cast
Kyle Chandler /Coach Eric Taylor
Connie Britton/ Tami Taylor
Zach Gilford/ Matt Saracen
Adrianne Palicki /Tyra Collette
Jesse Plemons/ Landry Clarke
Minka Kelly/ Lyla Garrity
Scott Porter/ Jason Street
Aimee Teegarden/ Julie Taylor
Gaius Charles/ Brian Williams
Taylor Kitsch/ Tim Riggins

Studio
NBC Universal Television Studio
Imagine Television

Executive Producer/Writer/Director
Peter Berg Friday Night Lights, Chicago Hope

Executive Producer
Brian Grazer The Da Vinci Code, A Beautiful Mind

Executive Producer
David Nevins Arrested Development

tigerpride_08
07-21-2006, 11:20 AM
so this is going to be a tv show for real...?

Tiger Baseball
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
so this is going to be a tv show for real...?

Yep in nowhere dillon, texas

LH Panther Mom
07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know when it begins airing? :)

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 12:16 PM
this fall i believe

LH Panther Mom
07-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
this fall i believe
I hope they have enough sense not to actually air it on Friday nights.

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
nah, i think it's tuesday nights

Fish's mom
07-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I hope they have enough sense not to actually air it on Friday nights.

HAHAHA would sound about right
I think I would actually have to tape it.:)

ILS1
07-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I believe most of the filming will be done at Pflugerville High School (that's where the P on the helmets & the gold,blue and white colors of the uniforms come from) and all around Central Texas.

wos fan1
07-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Tuesday nights this Fall NBC.

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I just watched the movie again. Am I the only person that cries at the end? :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Ah, memories. :(

MHSvarsity2007
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I just watched the movie again. Am I the only person that cries at the end? :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Ah, memories. :(

i don't cry...but i definetly get teary eyed!! especially when the dad hugs his son...im like awwwwwww :crying: :crying:

BJG40
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM

One day I made the mistake of watching that movie and the highlight film I had made of our team from 7th grade until our last game of our senior year, one after the other. Man, that was a rough day. I havent watched it since and that was like a year ago. LOL.

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BJG40
One day I made the mistake of watching that movie and the highlight film I had made of our team from 7th grade until our last game of our senior year, one after the other. Man, that was a rough day. I havent watched it since and that was like a year ago. LOL.
Man, are you a glutton for punishment? ;)

KTJ
07-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Dillon, TX - aka Pflugerville

Pflugerville is Pfun!

panther power
07-27-2006, 11:12 PM
alot of it was filmed in Odessa at Ratliff... MOJO's website has a link to watch alot of film footage....

AggieJohn
07-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by panther power
alot of it was filmed in Odessa at Ratliff... MOJO's website has a link to watch alot of film footage.... whats that link

LHMom
07-28-2006, 04:25 PM

LHPM - My boys can hardly watch it. The similarities to the LH/Jasper game in the semi-finals are many...

panther power
07-28-2006, 04:57 PM
http://www.kylgrafx.com/mojo/

try this one, go to mojo news...... scroll down

hawkfan
07-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I hope they correctly portray the coaches in the show as fat slobs who win at all costs and ridiclue and demoralize thier players. And aslo truthfully portray the players as Gods in the town that can do whatever they want and have no repercutions for their actions. Can you hear the sarcasm?

Ranger Mom
07-28-2006, 06:52 PM

I am always so busy looking for the faces of the Greenwood kids who were extras that the ending is there before I even know it.

I still have yet to watch the final overtime of the Greenwood/Bandera game on the tape I have....and it's been almost 4 years!!!!!

hud
07-28-2006, 10:11 PM
yea i saw them filming in hutto , taylor and plugerville, i think the home stadium is old ratliff stadium and leander

hud
07-28-2006, 10:14 PM
they should have used hutto unis and the mascot to