PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Pre-Season Poll

Bullaholic
07-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Sure hope these guys are not accurate:

Posted on Thu, Jul. 20, 2006email thisprint thisOU tops UT in preseason pollSTAR-TELEGRAM STAFF

In a preseason poll of media who cover Big 12 Conference football, Oklahoma was picked to win the South Division over defending national champion Texas. The poll results (first-place votes in parentheses):

South Division Pts
1. Oklahoma (23) 163
2. Texas (5) 144
3. Texas Tech 106
4. Texas A&M 81
5. Oklahoma State 49
6. Baylor 46
North Division Pts
1. Nebraska (21) 160
2. Iowa State (5) 128
3. Colorado (2) 93
4. Kansas 85
5. Missouri 82
6. Kansas State 40

pirate4state
07-21-2006, 09:48 AM
This should be fun. Too bad the Chief isn't here!! :eek: :eek:

raider red 2000
07-21-2006, 09:51 AM
that is probably about right for the south....althought the baylors might beat the ags :)

YBS
07-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Hold your tortillas there raider red...the Ags are the most volatile team every year as far as how their record might break out. They MIGHT lose to the Bears but they MIGHT also beat tech in the process :thinking: I can't wait for the season to start. Good luck to all.

BMOC
07-21-2006, 10:19 AM
The RED RIVER SHOOTOUT will once again be a huge factor in the BIG XII as well as the BCS.

tigerpride_08
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
i think baylor will be higher than that...

KTJ
07-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i think baylor will be higher than that...

Agreed.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Baylor a darkhorse, but they will surprise some folks...IMO.

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Agreed.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Baylor a darkhorse, but they will surprise some folks...IMO. yeah, i think baylor will be good, but not have any factor in the south, however, i think that tech is too high and not enough love is being given to a&m..i think aggies are very optimistic and aren't being too much of a homer of their chances this year

Maroon87
07-21-2006, 12:27 PM
If OU's gonna win it they need to keep Bomar from getting his head kicked in every week.

And like everyone else, I think Baylor will finish higher.

Steer Fever
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Well In all do respect to the chief i will speak for him and say BOOMER SOONER all the way to the big XII title riding the alcholic himself rhett bomar

wedo
07-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Texas wins the Big 12 b/c defense wins championships. they will score enought to win!!! Mark it down!!!!!!

eagles_victory
07-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I am not sold on how good OU is gonna be i think they could be this years case of a preseason top 5 team that doesnt live up to hype seems like there is one every year.

IMO overrated preseason hype cost Auburn a national title shot a couple of years ago. The year before they were ranked real high in everyones top 5 had a sub par season. THen the next season they were loaded but due to to the fact that they burnt a lot of pollsters by disappointing the previous year they were down around 15. They never made up the preseason ground on OU and USC to make the game. I know its a little far fetched but thats imo

wedo
07-21-2006, 01:05 PM
If OU's o-line isn't any better than they won't be very good b/c even Adrian Peterson can't break every tackle!!! Especially against Texas, I would like to see A.D. and Sergio Kindle go head up just to see who could run who over!!! I would bet on Kindle!!!

KTJ
07-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah, i think baylor will be good, but not have any factor in the south, however, i think that tech is too high and not enough love is being given to a&m..i think aggies are very optimistic and aren't being too much of a homer of their chances this year

Flip flop A&M and Tech? Is that what you're saying?

(Just trying to get a better view of what you're saying...)

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Flip flop A&M and Tech? Is that what you're saying?

(Just trying to get a better view of what you're saying...) yeah, and texas and OU, i don't think that OU is going to be that great this year either...i think bomar is still a head case........i think it's going to be:

1. texas
2. texas a&m/OU
3. Oklahoma/a&m
4. Tech
5. Baylor
6. Okie Light

wedo
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah, and texas and OU, i don't think that OU is going to be that great this year either...i think bomar is still a head case........i think it's going to be:

1. texas
2. texas a&m/OU
3. Oklahoma/a&m
4. Tech
5. Baylor
6. Okie Light

That looks about right to me!!!!

sahen
07-21-2006, 03:14 PM
wow glad to see most people think the bears wont finish 6th this year.....i think we could finish as high as 4th but we are on a slippery slope and could slide back down to 6th if we arent careful...each year w/ Morriss has been a step forward so hopefully this year will be the same...