PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a new or close to new Apple iBook Notebook

kaorder1999
07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
if you have one will you let me know...i have a couple questions for you I will PM to you....

big daddy russ
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
My girlfriend's roomate's boyfriend (follow that?) who sleeps at the same house I do for about four nights a week has one. I had an older one a few years back. What do you need to know?

kaorder1999
07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
check privates

Comeaux
07-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't get the Apple unless you want unmatched reliability and flawless intergration with your pictures and movies. I have Apple Computers that are 10 years old and they still work as good as new. They are just not as fast as the new ones and can't run the software because of the limitations of the older hardware.

If you go with Apple you won't be fighting the viruses and worms that pleague the windows machines.

The new Apples can run Apples OSX and windows. If you run the windows you will get the spam and viruses just like any other windows based machine but it won't affect the Mac side.

The Mac will run Microsoft Office and the files can be read on any machine running Microsoft Office.

Old Tiger
07-22-2006, 03:30 PM
When I get some money i'm going to get an Apple

big daddy russ
07-22-2006, 05:44 PM
I love Macs. They don't have the measureables that some PC's have (read: Intel-driven PC's), but their architecture is far superior and just makes everything work together so well that it's tough to pass one up for any type of business application.

Now that they use Intel CPU's, they supposedly run much cooler (not that it was ever a huge deal with the old Motorola CPU's) than they used to.

Basically, if you prefer something you're more familiar with or that's compatible with more general software, go with a PC driven by MS Windows. If you prefer something that works better for longer, go with a Mac.

Comeaux
07-23-2006, 10:09 PM
If you get a new Mac and iPod Before Sept.....

You get the iPod for free.

The software that you get with the Mac is one of the things that makes it such a great deal.

The Dell and some of the others are cheaper until you look at the iLife software that comes with every Mac.