PDA

View Full Version : Hooks are losing players left and right

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Albers Called UP, but no replacement (http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060720&content_id=1566947&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou)

htowntransplant
07-21-2006, 02:13 AM
maybe troy patton gets his chance in corpus? hope so....

albers should be good in the bullpen, but he isnt starter material because a, hes too young, and b, he needs to develop more pitches. hes primarily a fastball curveball guy....but his fastball is pretty darn good.

sahen
07-21-2006, 02:30 AM
right now we need bullpen help more than starting pitching help, so if he does well outa the pen then that would be a big plus....

pirate44
07-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Albers never impressed me. though ive only seen him a couple of times. i still cant believe they traded Zobrist. right now he is playing triple a and doing amazing. he was a major piece in the hooks offense as well as defense. and accoding to their record since he left, it shows.

pirate44
07-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Albers never impressed me. though ive only seen him a couple of times. i still cant believe they traded Zobrist. right now he is playing triple a and doing amazing. he was a major piece in the hooks offense as well as defense. and accoding to their record since he left, it shows.
i need to rephrase that. Albers is a great pitcher, but in the 2 games ive seen him he was hit a bunch. he had a lot of strikeouts (got free tacos one night) but he didnt seem like he had the composure of a major league pitcher. best of luck to him. i hope he helps the team out.

3afan
07-21-2006, 07:42 AM
get used to it - thats just the way it works for minor league teams